Chapter 0196
481 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0196

 

“Mommy.” Fenix turned opera singer yelled in a high pitched voice and ran into her mother’s embrace the moment the group of powerful mages landed in the clearing at the skirt of town.

Tempest slammed her hand over her ears and squat down to avoid being seen by the embarrassing mommy’s little princess and covertly sized up Llyana Arosis.

What is wrong with her? Tempest seriously thought the woman walked into a car paint shop without her car. Everything about her boiled down to one word - blue. Dark blue hair, light blue eyes, flawless white complexion with a tint of blue undertones and a blue halo hanging around her.

“Mommy.”

“Mommy.”

Xue Lian and Dilien Amerton squealed their happiness and threw themselves into their mother’s embrace. It was one pile of the family happy fest.

“Ancestor.” Graden shyly called out to a brown haired woman with green highlights. Miretta Morcean, Daughter of Nature, the ancestor Graden was talking about yesterday when they first meet.

Miretta Morcean was not what Tempest expected. Tempest expected a staunched masculine female with a stocky body, wide shoulders and big hips. She didn’t expect a caramel nature goddess that was the epitome of an earthly female.

Tempest notice Miretta Morcean has light hazel eyes, a straight nose, luscious lips Tempest swears she sees all the time outside a botox clinic, flexible waist, round hips and much to Tempest consternation, big double D breast.

“Aren’t these women taking their elements a mite too seriously Ventus? I mean, I can understand if a young person does it. Conformity, rebellion, soul searching, whatever you call it, young people will do stupid stuff for the experience. But these women are experienced. I’d think they are comfortable in their own skin not to change it just for the sake of appearance.

You forget a mortal’s body is changed during the cultivation process to allow him or her to use mana.

“Huh?”

You’ve noticed before there are no ugly mages. A mage’s physical appearance is altered the mana they absorbed during the cultivation process. Remember, the spirits combined elemental energy from the spiritual plane with the ambient mana in the air and fuse it into their mortal’s body. During the process, the appearance of the mortal would change. Water mana changes the mortal’s coloring to blue. Lightning changes the mortal’s coloring to silver. Wind changes the mortal’s coloring to green. When you grow up, your hair and eye color will change to reflect this.

“So Llyana looks like an ideal single element water mage while Miretta looks like the ideal wood earth mage?”

Yes.

“Do you know how I would look? Especially the chest area. I want boing boing. Not too big but big enough so no one could mistake me for a man.” Tempest half asked half pleaded. Tempest knew she was going to be pretty. She had never seen an ugly mage. What she saw was a flat chested mage. Granted the mage was still beautiful but Tempest would rather be both beautiful and have a nice rack.

You won’t be flat chested.

“Yay.”

After having received assurance she would have nice boobies, Tempest turned her attention back to the group just in time to hear Fenix say, “Wow, mother, you work fast. You were able to get five of the 13 Magus Alliance Council Members and three Elders to judge those bastards.”

Before Tempest had to ask what Fenix meant, the information gave given to her.

The Magus Alliance is ruled by a governing board of 13 mages and currently five Elders.

The 13 seats on the Magus Alliance are determined by the guild’s position during the fight against the devils in the Battle of the Realms held every one hundred years in the Central Domain.

The position of Elders on the Magus Alliance Governing Board is determined by the spirits. Only a Child of the Spirits or a True Child of the Spirits can be an Elder.

And with Llyana Arosis stands 5 of the 13 Magus Alliance Council Members and three Elders, Cardis, Miretta and Valstein.

“We’re here for the natural element, not to settle the enmity Llyana Arosis have with the Domain Alliance Guild.” One of the Magus Alliance Council Members spoke stiffly.

Being on the Governing Board of the Magus Alliance might be due to the influence of their guild but the Magus Alliance Council Member still had to be strong in their own rights.

No one would listen to them if they were weak.

Each of the Magus Alliance Council Members is at least in the Mastery stage of their cultivation, capable of casting a purple five circle spell and they’ve fought in all Battle of the Realms.

The Battle of the Realms is held every one hundred years and it is fought against the devil seeking to invade the Cardinal Realm.

The Battle of the Realms differs from most competitive battles in that it doesn’t separate the various tiers by cultivation but by age.

Each domain has its method of separating the various level of cultivation and it doesn’t have its equivalent in the other domain.

For example, mages use two methods of determining their cultivation level, how far the spirits have modified their body and how much power a mage can generate. The first one being skin, muscles, bones, blood vessels, hearts, organs, the five senses and everything else that needs to be modified.

The name is anatomically correct but it doesn’t sound good. Also, physical modification done by the spirits isn’t a good indication of power. Besides, aside from the mage themselves and their spirits, no one can tell at what stage of tempering a mage is at.

The other method of measuring a mage’s power is to go the amount of mana they can infuse in their spells. The color indicates the amount of power the spells have going from red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and purple.

Although this is the commonly accepted form of grading a mage’s power in the Magus Alliance, no one is sure where its equivalence is in the other methods of cultivation.

As such, instead of cultivation level, the tiers in the Battle of the Realms are separated by age.

Each member of the Governing Board of the Magus Alliance had to have fought in all tiers of the Battle of the Realms.

They have proven their power and their strength to the whole realms.

Each of these Magus Alliance Council Members is lofty in position and disposition.

Fenix’s word implied they were here as Llyana’s henchmen and not the proud Magus Alliance Council Member they are.

Having their pride tarnished, of course, they were going to be contrary and testy.

Fenix’s comment already raised their hackles. It wasn’t a good time for Tempest to add in her comment but Tempest wasn’t one to hold back.

“It’s not like you have a chance to obtain the natural element anyways. Resolving Llyana Arosis disagreement with the Domain Alliance Guild is a better use of your time.”

Everyone stiffen their spines, readied their spells and glared at the stupid offender. Tempest’s comment not only squashed on their pride but it touched their benefits. They were going to teach Tempest a lesson and no one can stop them.

Graden was about to slap his hand over Tempest’s mouth and pulled her to the side but Tempest mouth was faster than Graden’s movement since Graden didn’t have a moment spell to get to Tempest.

“What did I say wrong? It’s not like you guys can beat Cardis in a fight since he’s the one who set the natural element free.”

Everyone turned to Cardis to judge the validity of Tempest’s announcement from his reaction.

Cardis didn’t change his expression but everyone can tell he was angry when he said, “I’m going to teach you how to shut your mouth when we get back to the guild!” 

 

18