Chapter Twenty-Three
207 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No one said a word, the wolf named Zero just stood there waiting for someone to respond but no one did we all just stood there flummoxed by the sudden proclamation. I peak up at Keira who was still holding me in her arms, her face was the same cold unemotional mask from before. Not wanting to get in her way, I try to move away from her. But without looking down, Keira just tightens her grip around me.

After a few more beats of silence, Blackwood was the one to finally speak out.

"We just got done dealing with a pack pretending to be the White Moon pack, so you'll forgive us for not exactly putting much stock in what you just claimed." Blackwood said in a gruff voice.

Zero smiled, "Yeah, I got the gist of it from the Alpha there." He nodded toward Keira. "If you're wanting verification, just ask her."

"He was there when my father died." Keira answers in a cold unemotional tone without looking away.

Hearing this had me confused, I had assumed that Keira's pack had been attacked by Talon and his pack? But if Keira's pack was attacked by the real White Moon pack, why would-

I mentally shake my head and I push those thoughts back, now wasn't the time or place.

"Now that that's settled let's get down to business." Zero says as he puts on a lazy smile. "As you can see, I came alone and before you ask, no, I'm not the Alpha. Unfortunately, our Alpha is currently dealing with...a certain situation and couldn't come."

Keira turns to my father and Blackwood, "I left my pack behind to help and as a sign of good faith."

Everyone was a bit stunned by this, an Alpha leaving their pack to someone outside the pack, even momentarily, was dangerous and a sign of absolute trust. Given Keira's personality it was even more shocking that she volunteered it.

"What is it your Alpha wants?" My father asks.

"Simple, from now on Crestwood and all the packs within, belong to the White Moon pack." Zero says with another lazy smile.

Everyone pretty much expected him to say that, but it didn't stop some from murmuring their disapproval and other from straight up growling. But just as quickly as it started it also stopped, most likely both my father and Blackwood told them to quiet down through their mental links.

"Now, now, before you all get upset let me explain. Technically nothing here would change, your packs and your land will all stay the same. The only difference would be that one pack we designate as our representative will be in charge of keeping an open line of communication with us in case either side needs anything." Zero explains.

"That's all?" My father asks, unable to hide his confusion.

"Yep." Zero replies.

"Why not just put them in charge of everything?" My father questions.

"Well that usually depends on the pack chosen, and something tells me that she would just find running all of this a hassle." Zero says and looks over at Keira.

"That's not- " Keira began, but Zero interrupts.

"Yes, we know you recommended we make Silverblood the one, but we chose you." Zero says with a tone of finality.

I could hear a low growl building in Keira's chest, I look up and see the cold unemotional mask from before was gone, replaced with an angry glare and her lips peeling back over her teeth.

Oh, oh that's not good, I get ready to calm Keira down when my father calls out.

"That's fine, and I'll make sure the council understands."

"No." Keira call out. "If I'm going to be the representative, then I don't want to have to deal with a council, it's time for you to step up and take command Silverblood."

My father audibly sighs, he looked like someone who was just given an annoying task, it made me want to almost laugh.

"If it helps, just say it was one of our conditions for not coming through and killing you all." Zero says with a tone that was only half joking.

Instantly the air become serious again and growls broke out, but just like before with just a look from Blackwood and my father, it stops. Keira on the other hand was absolutely furious, her whole body was vibrating, my arms tighten around her and I begin to rub her back with my hand to calm her down.

Both my father and Blackwood fix Zero with a hard glare.

"I suggest you watch you say, because there are quite a few packs here in Crestwood who are willing to fight to the death, mine included." My father threatens.

"And if did come to that, remember that you are alone." Blackwood adds with a lazy smile of his own.

Zero eyes harden and the smile on his face falters. After a few tense moments, Blackwood was the one to finally break the silence.

"You taking charge may be for the best Mattias." Blackwood states, patting my father on the shoulder.

My father looks over to Blackwood and then over to my mother who had entwined her hand with his. Looking up at him she gives him a small smile and nods.

My father lets out another sigh, "Fine, from now on I'll be in charge of Crestwood and all the packs within. But if any of the packs want to leave, I will not stop them nor will I force them to stay."

It was a nice sentiment, but realistically most of the packs in Crestwood wouldn't want to leave just because of the change in leadership. As long as their territory was still theirs and no strict rules where imposed, which I doubt my father would do, very few packs if any will try to leave.

"Well alright then, I guess I'll just leave you folks to eat." Zero says with another smile, before turning and leaving.

Once Zero was gone, a collective sigh of relief was felt by everyone.

"Caden! Come on, we got work to do." James calls out.

Despite the situation I was happy to finally be of some real use, and I quickly go about helping James check on everyone. My family and the girls also helped by bringing us whatever we needed from James's house. Even Keira chipped in, holding down the wolves whose bones had healed improperly and had to be re-broken to set right.

As strange as it was, I was relieved with everything that had happened. With this, Crestwood and my family would now be safe, and with my father in charge I could only see Crestwood prospering.

As I finish resetting the last bone in one of Blackwood's wolves I look over at Keira, I was relieved and overjoyed that she was back. But at the same time, I felt a pang of something I couldn't quite put my finger on. As James and I continue our work the feeling keeps growing and growing.

Anxious to get me home, Keira declined celebrating our victory over Rodrick, Talon, and Hannah as James and I cleared the last few wolves. As I say my goodbyes to my family, my father tells me that he is sending Alice and Cora to join Keira's pack so that they could continue to act as my bodyguards whenever she is unable. It was at that moment I realized what the feeling growing inside me was, I was angry, angry at Kiera. Looking back over to her, I see her talking to Alice and Cora, the three of them sharing in their new comradery. After their done Keira shifts into her wolf form and waits for me to get on.

I walk over to Alice and Cora, "Are you guys going to follows us home?" I ask.

"No, we're going to hang back and celebrate for a bit." Cora replies.

"We are?" Alice asks back confused.

To which Cora nudges her with her elbow.

"Guys, you don't need to make up an excuse, Keira asked you to give us some alone time." I say with a chuckle.

They both then proceed to give me a hug, which given their naked bodies, had me ready to defend them from Keira. But surprisingly she didn't show any signs of hostility or make a sound of displeasure.

Where did this newfound trust come from?

I give them my goodbyes and then jump on Keira's back and hold on tightly as she shoots off towards home. As we head home, I try to make sense of my feelings, as happy as I was that Keira was back, I also felt this anger towards her.

When we reach the house, I jump off Keira's back as she shifts back into human form.

"I'm going to go ahead and shower first." I tell her.

I needed some more time to process my feelings.

"Since we're the only ones here I'll just use one of the spare bathrooms." Keira answers back.

I quickly head inside and upstairs to our room where I quickly peel of my clothes which were covered in blood, sweat, and dirt. I jump into the shower and start cleaning the blood off my neck and back. The warm water helping to calm my erratic thoughts.

Why didn't she just tell me her plan, I get her not wanting to force me to choose between her and my family, but it was still my choice and it was one I needed to make.

I think back at the trust she showed Alice and Cora.

Why couldn't she have trusted me to choose her?

"Stop it." I growl to myself, slamming the side of my fist against the shower wall,

Those were just excuses; the simple fact is I'm just angry at her for leaving. I didn't care about all that other stuff. I'm just angry at the fact that she left, I know it's stupid and petty given everything that's happened, but I just can't help it.

I focus on the warm water cascading down my body and take a few deep breaths, my muscles begin to relax and the soreness I was feeling just moments ago begins to fade.

She's back and she's here with me, I just need to focus on that.

I hear the bathroom door slam open and the next thing I know Keira is pinning me to the shower wall, the cool tile sends a chill down my spine.

"I can't hold back any longer." Keira states breathlessly as she runs her teeth along my jaw.

Keira then kisses me with the same intensity as someone who has just gone days without water in a desert finally finding an oasis. I grab onto her; afraid I'll be devoured otherwise. Her body was already slick and wet, she must have come straight from the other shower to this one. She grabs the back of my head and pulls it back, giving her better access to my mouth. Slipping her tongue into my mouth she begins to reexplore it with fervor. I moan into her mouth, which excites her even more making her increases the intensity. My whole body seemed to come to life the moment Keira grabbed me. It yearns for her touch even though its only been a little more than a day since we were last together.

Keira breaks the kiss and turns us so that the water from the shower head was now hitting the back of my legs.

"Get on your knees." Keira says in a sultry voice as she runs her thumb down my neck.

Her tone sends another shiver down my spine and straight to my already hardened member, causing it to ache with need. I look up at her and see her eyes were glowing and clouded with need.

"I said ON. YOUR. KNEES." Keira demanded with the same sultry tone as before.

There was no aura behind her words, but I still felt compelled to do as she says. An audible gulp escapes my lips as I slowly lower myself onto my knees, our eyes never breaking contact. As the warm water hits my back, Keira lifts up one of her legs and places it over my shoulder, giving me full access to her already glistening velvet folds. But I don't start there right away, instead I start peppering kisses along the inner thigh wrapped around my shoulder.

Keira let's out a hiss of pleasure and anticipation.

I continue the trail of kisses all the way across to her waiting core, but even then, I only continue to place gentle kisses along her velvet folds, with only the briefest of flicks from my tongue.

Keira lets out another hiss of pleasure followed by a growl of frustration.

With that I finally move on to the main course, the moment lips reach her core, Keira lets out a shaky breath and places her hand on the shower wall to steady herself. I give her clit a deep long kiss, using my tongue to draw small circles around it. I then procced to gently suck and nibble on it, causing Kiera to shake slightly. Unable to hold back, Keira grabs my head and holds it steady as she begins to move her hips against my mouth.

"Look at me." Keira whispers in a low growl.

I strain to look up at Keira as she continues to hold my head, as our eyes meet, she procced to move slower but harder against my mouth. Her eyes never leaving mine, increasing her pleasure which in turn increases my own. I feel Keira muscles begin to tighten, and after a few more long and deep gyrations, her head falls back as she cries out in pleasure. As Keira climaxes I hear a loud crack come from the shower wall but am unable to see what it was since Keira was still holding my head. Keira's body begins to slightly shake as she comes down from her orgasm, I use my arms to help keep her steady. After a few seconds pass the shaking stops and Keira's hold on my head loosens. She looks down at me and begins to gently run her fingers through my hair, a look of pure satisfaction across her face. But the look is soon replaced with one of hunger again, she was by no means done with me.

Keira lifts her leg off my shoulder and helps me to my feet; I look over at the shower wall and see a hand shaped crack in the exact spot Keira had placed her hand to steady herself. I look back at Keira, but she wasn't looking at me she, was looking down at my aching member and biting her lower lip in anticipation. Keira reaches past me and turns off the shower, grabbing my hand she leads me out of the shower and into our room grabbing two towels on the way out. She hands me one of the towels and we quickly dry ourselves as best we can. I was almost done when Keira grabs me and presses her lips against mine. I don't even realize we're moving until I feel the foot of the bed hit the back of my legs. Keira stops and looks at me with such love that my heart aches.

"I missed this." Keira states.

And just like that, all the anger I had been feeling before came rushing back to the surface.

"Then why'd you leave." I snap back.

Before Keira could answer I switch our positions and push her onto the bed.

"Get on you stomach." I growl.

Still surprised by my sudden shift in attitude Keira doesn't move right away so I grab and flip her over myself. Unsure if it was instinct or if she finally realized my intent Keira lifts hips towards me. Either way I gladly grab hold with one hand as I position myself at her entrance with the other. Then without warning or remorse I thrust myself into her, causing her to gasp and suck in a shaky breath. Using all of my pent-up anger I begin fucking Keira relentlessly, Keira lets out a cry of pleasure and begins moving her hips in time with my thrusts.

Again, I knew I was being stupid, her reason for leaving made sense, and leaving me behind was also the best way to keep me safe, but dammit it still hurt. I spent a whole day thinking she had left for good, even now just thinking about it know made my heart ache. Through our mating bond I can feel Keira urging me on to keep going and let out all the anger, she was ready to accept all of it. So, I do just that, I poured every ounce of anger and pain I felt from her leaving into every thrust.

Keira moans and cries out with every thrust; her nails begin to tear through the sheets. I then slow down before stopping completely.

"Move you hips." I tell Keira.

She slowly starts moving her hip on her own and then quickly picks up speed. While she's doing that, I run my fingers up and down her back. I feel Keira tighten around me, her release was close and mine wasn't far off either. I stop Keira and flip her over, her face was flush, and her breathing was heavy. As I look at her, all the anger and pain I had felt moments ago melts away, none of it mattering anymore, all I felt now was my overwhelming love for her. I begin to make sweet gentle love to Keira, every thrust now slow and deep. Keira wraps her arms around me and pulls me in for a long deep kiss, and just like that we both go over the edge together.

I slowly get up and look down at Keira, and like always the sight of her takes my breath away. I get up off the bed and pull Keira up with me so that we're standing in front of each other. I look up at Keira and open my mouth to explain, but Keira puts her finger on my lips stopping me.

"It's okay, I know and I'm sorry." Keira states with an apologetic smile.

I smile back, "Don't be, you did what you thought was best for the us and the pack."

"So, we're good?" Keira asks.

"Yeah, we're good." I answer.

"Good, because I don't think I can hold back much longer." Keira says in a strained voice.

"What?"

Kiera throws me back onto the bed, as I prop myself up on my elbows, I see Keira crawling towards me on her hands and knees. Her every movement fluid and predatory, her wolven nature unmistakable even in her human form. And her eyes, oh goddess, her eyes, a mixture of fear and excitement shot through me as I looked at them. They were both sexual and predatory, I could imagine them in both my sweetest dreams and most haunting nightmares.

My eyes widen as I realize my anger had blinded me to the fact that I had just dominated Keira, something her Alpha instincts would not abide. Fighting her instincts and letting me do what I did is amazing enough and it showed just how sorry she was. But that was over with now, and her Alpha instincts were probably screaming at her to reestablish dominance and put me in my place. And judging by the look on her face, Keira seemed more than happy to do just that.

My hardened member throbbed with need again as Keira slowly climbed on top of me and purposely grazed it with her exquisite breasts. My breath hitches as she plants kisses on my abdomen and begins to trace my abs with her tongue. She then continues to kiss her way up my chest, when she reaches my neck her eyes lock onto the mark she left on me. She kisses it and what I can only describe as a jolt of electricity shoots through my entire body. My body shakes as I tried to comprehend what just happened, but my reaction only spurs Keira on. She continues to kiss and lick the mark incessantly, causing me to cry out in pleasure. As she continues her sexual onslaught through the mark, Keira finally lowers herself onto me and begins riding me.

It was too much, the sensation of Keira riding me mixed with what she was doing to my mark was driving me crazy.

"Keira...(ahh)...please...I."

Hearing my plea Kiera rears her head back, peels back her lips and then bites down hard on the mark. My release rockets through me, but Kiera doesn't stop, and begins riding me even faster, milking me for everything I had. As Keira continues to ride me, I feel a second release already building up behind the first. Keira's own body begins to shake as her own release builds towards its climax.

"Look at me Caden." Keira growls.

I hadn't even noticed my eyes were closed, I open my eyes and look up at Keira. She had a wolfish grin on her lips that had drops of my blood dripping from it, and her eyes had a vibrancy and clarity in them that I'd never seen before.

"You are mine." Kiera whispers in the most sexually sinister tone I have ever heard.

My second release shoots through me harder than the first, triggering Keira's and sending us both over the edge for the second time together. Keira kisses me long and hard, letting me taste my blood on her lips. Breaking the kiss my eyes are drawn to the mark I left on Keira, following my gaze Kiera offers up her shoulder where the marks is with a smile. The overpowering need to re-mark my mate fills me, and I do so without hesitation, biting down on the mark. Keira cries out as her fourth and last orgasm of the night shoots through her. I hold her until the orgasm passes and she stops shaking. Grabbing my chin with her hand, Keira kisses me ever so gently on the lips before snuggling in close and resting her head on my chest. Exhaustion finally hitting us, we both fall asleep in seconds.

I wake up and see it's still nighttime, looking down and can't help but smile. Having obviously recovered faster than me, Keira had at some point grabbed what was left of the sheets she tore up and covered us both. Keira's head was still on my chest and I could somewhat feel her arm around my stomach and her leg on top of mine. My whole body felt numb and I could barely lift a finger, but I have never felt happier in my entire life.

I have found my place within the pack, even though it's not the pack I was expecting. My family is not only safe but thriving, and most importantly I have found a mate, a mate! Never in my wildest dream did I ever think it possible.

But it wasn't without its costs, Barry, Hannah, and Crestwood's future with the White Moon pack is still unknown. And there's still so many unanswered questions and things that don't make sense.

Like why did the witch's council send Aspen to Crestwood? Or now that dad is in charge what is he going to do about the vampire situation at the boundary? And if the White Moon pack was never near Crestwood, how was Keira able to find them so fast.

And then there are still the question surrounding Keira; was her pack attacked by the real White Moon pack or Talon's fake one? Was her father an atheist like Blackwood said or was he a religious zealot pretending to be one?

An answer to a lot of these questions' pops into my head, I look down at Keira's sleeping face, and quickly shake the answer away. It doesn't matter, Keira is my mate and whatever the answers are won't change that.

Keira's hold on me tightens, looking down I see her eyes are open, watching me with a loving yet sinful smile. She closes her eyes and places her head back on my chest.

"Say it." She says in a sleepy tone.

I smile; yeah, no matter what comes next or what truths come to light this is the one thing that will never change.

"I'm yours."

****************************************************************************************

If you enjoy my work please leave a like or leave a comment down below, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

Thank You For Reading!!!!!!

4