Epilogue
233 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following night somewhere outside Crestwood

Keira was at the edge of a small cliff looking up at the night sky; the moon was full, and the sky was clear, it reminded her of the night her and Caden talked on his parent's roof. The moment they shared had been short but perfect, it was the first time Keira truly opened up to Caden. Thinking about him made Keira's body ache with the need to be near him even though they've only been apart a few hours. Kiera began considering shifting into her wolf form and running back to check on him. She looks down at the tight black jeans and creamy white turtleneck she was wearing. She would have to take them off if she didn't want to end up shredding them when she shifted. Normally she wouldn't have cared, but Caden had gotten them as a gift for her when they went shopping today.

The gesture had been so simple and sweet, she had wanted to pull him into a dressing room and take him right then and there. But she didn't, they're love making from last night had been quite intense and she needed to give him time to recover, and as if to keep her honest a small ache between her legs reminds her that she needed some time as well.

Tomorrow night, he should be fine by tomorrow night, she tells herself.

Keira began to think of all the different things she would do to him.

Maybe I'll take him into my mouth again, Keira contemplates with a smile.

Just remembering his embarrassed face and whimpering voice had Keira's blood pumping and her Alpha instincts roaring to the surface.

A sound in the far-off distance reaches Keira's ears and her mood instantly sours. After a while, the wolf known as Zero begins to approach Keira from behind still wearing the same clothes as last time.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you?" Keira asks, without looking back.

Zero stops, his lips forming his signature lazy smile.

"Well for one-"

Zero is cut off when Keira using her inhuman speed and strength rushes towards him, grabs him by the throat, and slowly lifts him into the air.

"I'm not in the mood." Keira states angrily.

Zero could do nothing but nod as the lack of oxygen blurs his vision. Satisfied she got her point across Keira drops him, turning away to keep looking at the moon.

"I told you to make Silverblood the representative, so why did you appoint me?"

"Convenience." Zero states as he rubs his throat. "I figured if you ever needed an excuse to leave for a while, you could just use your role as representative."

"It wouldn't have mattered, my mate's going to be with me from now on." Keira states.

"You told him?" Zero asks.

"No, but I think he suspects."

Keira sighs, she had been wanting to tell Caden the truth for a while now, but just hadn't found the right opportunity. She had almost told him that night on the roof of his parent's house, the truth that her name wasn't Keira Thorn-apple, but Keira White Moon.

"If that's the case I think it be better if you told him yourself then letting him find out on his own." Zero advises.

Keira looks back at Zero, her gaze seemingly piercing right through him.

"Not that I would ever try to tell you what to do with your mate. In fact, forget I said anything." Zero rambles.

Keira looks back out at the moon, "That's a shame, I was about to say thank you for the sound advice."

Zero is left dejected by Keira's mean trick.

"Gotta say, that was quite the risk you took last night, whole thing could have gone sideways real quick." Zero states.

"I trusted in my mate's family, or rather, my family." Keira answers.

That word still felt foreign on Keira's tongue, but she was making the effort, for Caden.

"Any sign of Lisa?" Keira asks.

"No, she seems to have disappeared, after your mate was stabbed." Zero answers.

Looking back, Keira was surprised by the fact that she didn't order Lisa's death right away. Apparently deep down she had considered Lisa a friend, but this head start was all it amounted to, she tried to hurt her mate and there's no saving her from that.

"Get the pack ready, we're heading to Port Iron." Keira orders.

"Port Iron, why?"

"There's someone there I need to meet."

Zero turns to leave but stops.

"Just in case, the next time I see you with your mate, how should I address you?"

For the first time in a long time the prophecy of the King Alpha pops into Keira's head.

Keira smiles as she replies, "Queen Alpha."

****************************************************************************************

Hope you enjoyed my story Only Human, please leave a like or leave a comment down below, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank You For Reading!!!!!!

6