Chapter 16: Roasted Pork
75 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boar: W-what!

With a black hood concealing his face save for blue, glowing eyes that seemed to emit electric sparks, the mysterious person grabbed the lasso. 

Azure glared at the boar as he tightened his grip on the boar's wrist. I widened my eyes as I jerked to empty space beside me and the mysterious man with glowing blue eyes behind the boar.

Ruby: The hell? How did you get there?

Boar: Who the hell are you!

Azure didn't answer him as he released the lasso and murmured at the shocked parent and child.

Azure: Go.

Mother: T-thank you!

The mother and child ran away from the boar and disappeared into the crowd. The guards around the boar were frozen as they didn't know if they should go after the pair or stop the mysterious man that silently sneaked past them.

Boar: The hell do you think you're doing!

Azure still didn't answer him. The boar got angrier, and in rage, he swung his lasso again. However, this time, he was the one that got hurt. Azure snapped his fingers, and lightning struck the boar. I could see smoke rising from his charred corps...oops, I mean, tragically cooked pork...

Hmmm, smells like barbeque. This is making me even hungrier.

That's when his guards stepped in. Uwahh, they only reacted now? If the boar is really royalty, the guards should be up to par, and they should have responded way before that. Seeing this poor performance, he shouldn't be that important. I relaxed and let Azure handle it.

Guard 1: What the hell did you do!

Boar: Guh...

Guard 2: Seize him!!

All of them attacked, but it was in vain as Azure snapped his finger again. His eyes glowed an eerie blue as electricity crackled on both his hands and materialized into two electric whips. He swung it hard at the circling guards.

With the guards' metal equipment, the electricity cooked the burly guards very well. Different animal noises screaming in pain echoed out. The smell of burnt hair and skin was also unpleasant. Though the boar noble smells delicious, these guards smell strange, especially with the smell of burnt metal. I wrinkled my nose, snapping me out of my hunger craze. I shook my head hard.

The heck. He told me not to interfere but look what he's done now.

Soon Eukarians wearing knight-like uniforms, probably the local guards, squeezed through the crowd. I looked back at the scene of carnage and saw no one there. 

Ruby: Huh? What about me? Where the hell is that guy?

As I was searching for him, someone held my hand, and I jerked back. Azure was beside me in the same posture as before, as if he'd never left. Phew, I thought I was left behind. The relief soon disappeared with my anger.

Ruby: What the hell do you think you're doing!

Startled at my shout, Azure dropped his ears and tail. He looked pitiful, but I have to harden my heart.

Azure: I-I'm, s-sorry.

Once again, that cold and domineering display he showed before turned 180. I tried, but...I find it adorable and can't get angry anymore. Haa~ I give up. You discovered my weakness, didn't you?

Ruby: Yosh. Good job.

Reaching his head with difficulty, I pat Azure's head. Even though I tiptoed, I can barely reach him. Oh God, he's so much taller than me.

Azure was surprised before bowing his head to make it easier for me. He just smiled with narrowed eyes while wagging his tail. Haha, he's really like a dog.

Ruby: Don't do that again, okay? Don't leave me behind like that.

I smirked to hide my sudden bout of loneliness.

Ruby: You hogged all the fun.

I scolded him a bit, and he listened quietly. After that episode, we continued with our walk.

1