Chapter 15.1
186 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV Instructor Jamasion)

"Remember the key for everyone officer; is to insure the survival of his subordinates and only in the most dire of situations are they to even think of putting their lives down before his own." His voice commanded respect from those that heard it, along with his advanced age and deep scarring across his face with a cybernetic eye showing the real extent of the injury. Just like his face his uniform was older by at least a generation and the set of medals that sat on his left breast of his double breasted dress uniform. "Questions?"

Looking at his Cadets his eyes bored into them, in the sea of cadets he could tell at a glance colors told him who was from where. White uniforms were from Earth, Navy Blue was Luna. Followed by Red, Green and Black, those being Mars, Titan and Alpha Centauri respectfully.

A White hand shot up, with a nod the Cadet stood up and a small drone move near so that all could hear him since he was near the back of the lettuce hall.

"Sir. What if you had no choice who would you choose?" He sat down after speaking.

Not even needing to think about it Jamasion replied, "By using the one with the least importance towards the mission." The Hall erupted into murmurs about what that meant. some took it literally, others more cynically and a few just didn't belong in the military.

"So anyone from the colonies?" The mic on the drone picked up over everyone else causing the Hall to become dead silent, but a new voice and a voice the Instructor knew far too well spoke up.

"Well then~. I'd follow rule 231: Fuck all Earth born personnel and send them to their deaths, since they are pointless anyway~." Her accent was distinct it wasn't the Luna one he remembered but was far lighter yet was gravelly at the same time.

Wheeling and grabbing his sidearm on instinct, Jamasion was meet by the most successful Cadet of his that is dead. Yet saw back at him with a smile he a few others already knew, a cocky arrogance that was used brilliantly in her combat sims to lure her foes into a false sense of confidence before breaking them down.

Standing before him and his class was Jean Lowrance in all her glory, a perfect black uniform from head to toe with a pair of iconography he didn't know. But was most telling was her transparent nature as he was more then able to see the closing door behind her.

Without walking her form shifted into a stream flying past him and stopping at his desk they he never used and reforming. "Now dear~. I know your here~." Opening what seemed to be the right draw, she pulled out a data slate and despite her transparency the slate acted as if force was abled. "Hmmm range is about a few hundred..." and with a snap of her fingers in her off hand the data slate disappeared. "Now~. Good afternoon I guess, I'll be your guest speaker till well that damn animal eats my body~!" Seating on the desk she started kicking her legs with a bravado he'd not seen from her ever which put him on edge, she wasn't a Empath nor even had any Empathic heritage.

"What was that?" Jamasion asked knowing that being direct with her was the only way to talk to Jean.

"That Data-Slate~?" She replied before smiling, "Well~ before my assignment to the TFS Warsaw I took the liberty to place a few dozen data slates around. These slate have been collecting data since I left the Academy, I wanted to wait to collect them later but while I'm here~. Among other things." She shrugged.

But turning her head back to the Cadet who asked the question she replied to, "You my dear~. Born of Earth. If that shitty colour system is what it means. What my old instructor was saying... a good example is the squad and minefield. A squad of infantry come across a minefield and they have to cross it, they don't have minesweeping equipment nor they have the time to dick around in the dirt. So what do they do? Simple, they use the least useful for the mission at hand to go first and that person could be anyone. Whether they are of Titan, Luna or even Earth." Her tone turning strict near the end. "Questions?"

And for the next few minutes she answered any question asked pointedly ignoring earthborn askers, until one had enough.

A girl shot up her face red with anger, "Why the fuck do you ignore our questions we are born of Earth and we will always be granted Leadership roles over those lowlifes!" 

She looked at her then smile, before licking her lips. "Now now my dear. No need for that harsh language~" Jean's eyes flash purple, "Now come down to the front."

The girl stumbled as if struck getting caught by her friends and fellow cadets around her, and for all to see her eyes were no longer that bright red it was before but now that same purple Jean's once was a moment ago. Which despite everyone trying to stop her she moved to the front acting as if her actions weren't her own.

Once she was at the front the smile on the woman's face grew, "You will be able to talk but unable to move your body and have to answer any question I ask honestly also always address me as Mistress when talking to me or about me." Again Jean's eyes flashed purple and as if awakened from a dream the Cadet blinked a few times but her eyes were still that purple within one of her eyes.

"Ehh... wha-! Why can't I move!" Jean moved around her prey with her hands grabbing handfuls of the Cadet's chest and rear.

"Now Cadet. What is your name and Rank." Jean asked politely, but with a bang something crashed into the door behind Jamasion, causing him to briefly look over his shoulder.

"Cadet Myres Keys Mistress! What... why did?" The Cadet's captive seemed to brighten and she smiled predatorially as she recognized her for the first time.

Looking back at Jean, Jamasion saw it she was fading and it seemed she noticed it two. "Ow~. I was having fun~... Well then my Keys as a parting gift. Eat this."

Jean presented what looked like a piece of candy, Cadet Keys consumed it without any delay, "Release." She said and Keys collapsed to the ground like a puppet that lost it's strings, "Don't worry she'll be fine even better. But it's seemed that damn animal finally killed me. But," Turning to her horrified audience as she gave one final message, "my ship was called a Phoenix and just like her name sake, I have returned and mark my words. The Federation will pay for it's crimes!"

And just as suddenly she appeared Jean was gone. Along with the door behind him falling over showing a fully equipped squad of Soldiers and a pair of Empaths all ready to kill but meet by a lecture hall that was dead silent and the last words uttered by Jean still in the air.

4