Chapter 9 – What does it take to do as you please? p.2.
755 13 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death was encroaching once again.

One dying giantess.

Two ferocious rats.

Rhonda slouched into her seat against the wall. She couldn’t think of a solution. Her exhaustion, pain, and blood loss were hard on her.

It was fortunate she was not alone. She had Londa!

Rhonda… I have another idea. This is going to be terrible for me to ask of you. But I’m trying to push through my own bull to support you because you’re trying so hard for the both of us. So, I need you to play weak. Weaker than you are now. I need you to cry and look pathetic. Then you’ll know what to do when the time is right.

Heh. That was easy.

Her misery was so deep the tears were begging to come out. She let them fall. They rolled across her ravaged cheeks, mixing with her blood.

She let the sobs come out as hiccuping squawks and burps. Then she dropped her chin into her chest and let her arms lay by her side weakly.

Even though she lost vision of the rats, and was in a pitiful state, [Ravenous Insight] was still in full effect. She could smell the rats. She could hear them coming closer. She sensed they were hesitant after seeing all of their comrades killed or grievously injured. But she felt them crawl up her anyway, climbing to go for the killing blow.

Click.

Click.

S N A T C H!

Rhonda grabbed them both before they thunked her dead. She raised her head, blinked away her tears, and glared menacingly at the center of the room. Then, with all of her determination gathered into one leg, she pushed up along the wall to stand. She continued to stare at the center of the room because she knew they were watching.

The rats thrashed in her grasp, but she held them from behind their necks and shoulders. They could not rear around and bite her or claw her. Their tails slapped against her forearms and nothing more. She held them aloft as she skipped forward a few steps toward the center.

“Vermin,” Rhonda said toward the center of the room. “You are vermin.” She pushed the rats together belly-to-belly above her head. “I’m the exterminator” She pushed harder, tilting her face up. “I’m the lioness.” She pushed the rats until they started click-click-thunking at each other while in the throes of a mad painful death. “I’m the Giantess.”

She flattened the rats into a meaty, bone-snapping mash and poured zesty crimson nectar down her wide-open mouth. She gulped voraciously until only droplets remained to wet her gullet. Then she brought her hands to her face and munched on the fresh rat patty she smushed together. She wolfed it down quickly, licked her fingers, and returned her attention to the middle of the room.

“Does the vermin wish to squeak to me, the Giantess?”

 

The Administrator:

… H-h-how?

The System:

She… um, she turned a death sentence into a fair fight by changing the parameters of the engagement. Ferocious Rats are known for their movement and their attack power, but not for their toughness. The structure of the manor was already dilapidated after weathering the centuries. She… she made an astonishingly sound judgment to upset the environment and bring it down on her enemies. They couldn’t withstand the collapse like she could regardless of levels, and if they did, they paid for it by taking incredible damage from the start of the battle. Then she continuously repositioned, reengaged, and reacted in such a way that disregarded her disadvantages.

The Administrator:

But… but the levels? They had 13 levels on her! And there were 15 of them!

The System:

That’s what makes candidates special, sir. Their potential can extend beyond levels, and it’s to my understanding that giants, and perhaps even dragons, can challenge creatures 15 levels above them with ease. Theoretically, it could be more... I’m sure the last Administrator had informed you of this.

The Administrator:

All of our candidates are spineless virgin losers who got a taste of real power for the first time when we brought them over. None of them are able to do this. To defy you, the System. TO DEFY ME, the God here!

The System:

I’m afraid, sir, we’ve judged this candidate incorrectly and accepted a very strong soul and loaded her into what’s potentially the strongest character. The last Administrator made a similar mistake during the First Ultimate War and quickly adjusted to accommodate the stronger-than-normal candidate. They left them alone. Maybe we should do the same.

The Administrator:

Screw that old man. And screw this broad. I’ll raise the next fight to lvl 50 then. I can do whatever I want.

The System:

No sir. You literally can’t. The parameters of the tutorial and any reprogramming outside of this area have a limited capacity for interference. We are bound to set rules that can’t overtly change the world of Mythokos because of a whim.

The Administrator:

Override.

The System:

Denied.

The Administrator:

I can’t let her get away with MY CHARACTER!

The System:

Technically, she was the last Administrator’s character. She was passed down to you with a warning to be careful with her. However, I will accept the blame that I was a little too overeager to use her. I see why the warning was there. Again, I suggest we appeal to her better side. This is… for the lack of better words, a scary candidate with a scary character.

The Administrator:

Ffffffffffaaaaagh! Screw that! She’s MINE! And she, agh!

She⁠—you⁠—YOU YOU YOU FREAKING YOU

You won’t get out of here alive!

So, don’t get all high and mighty, you!

Nobody gets out of line and gets away with it under my command, I swear it.

 

Rhonda was busy cleaning up the floor of rat bodies, giving the conversation only a small amount of her attention. While the Administrator raged at her, she enjoyed the spoils of her victory enthusiastically.

It didn’t matter how the rats died, or if they were still alive, she snatched up what she could get and stuffed them into her mouth. She didn’t like the fur as much until she started saucing them up with their own blood before she ate them.

She crunched them up, slurped down their tails, and kept on eating. Her stomach churned happily as she fulfilled her desires, driving her into a blissful high that was even better than having a naughty special occasion.

To eat and eat and eat was the best thing that could happen in life. She couldn’t imagine anything better than to sleep right afterward. Then she imagined something better than that: to eat, have her once-in-a-while special occasion, and then sleep!

Rhonda moaned, filled to the brim with mind-numbing happiness. It took a lot to acquire what she needed. It took a lot to do as she pleased. So she didn’t waste too much of her attention on anything else other than her own gluttonous pleasure.

Thankfully, she had Londa doing the mind-work for her.

Babe, you’re a tactical genius! And you made the Administrator look like a total dweeb! Oh, wow, wow, wow, wowzers. I was such a wimp back there, but you were like ROAR, I’m RHONDA, ROAR. I got all fired up from how you just fought and fought. I had to join in and help you. AND OH MY GOODNESS, I can do things for you. I can serve my mistress. Yay!

I’m useful! I’m useful! Londa sang.

Oh, oh, oh, I got more news, my Overlady! You completed the second questline apparently and you leveled up again, so now you’re Lvl 10. I got a little overeager⁠—sorry, eek⁠—and dropped [3] into Strength, [1] into Vitality, and [1] into Endurance, and [3] into Perception. Oh, and, you got a new ability. Go ahead and check out your Attributes and Abilities. It’s awesome!

 

Attribute Points Total [175] and Attribute Points Unspent [0]--

Strength: 50+[3] ⁠—> 56

Vitality: 48+[13] ⁠—> 74

Endurance: 26+[5] ⁠—> 31

Agility: 2⁠

Perception: 4+[3] ⁠—> 7

Intellect: 2⁠

Charisma: 2⁠

Faith: 1

Abilities and Ability Points [1]--

[Ravenous Insight] || lvl 3 Passive || Eat an enemy (partially or wholly) and gain a moderate boost in Strength and Vitality, a moderate boost in Endurance, and an extra-large boost in Perceptions while fighting the same enemy species you’ve consumed. This is limited to 1 enemy species within the local area⁠—the effect diminishes once you leave that area or eat a different enemy species.

[Healthy Eater] || lvl 1 Passive || Eat your enemies (partially or wholly) and raise your regen rate and stamina recovery by 100%. As long as you’re chewing, swallowing, and digesting an enemy, the effect will run its course inside or outside of combat.

30