39 – Fluffles’ Approval
1k 14 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a break to think about Act 2. 

When I first began writing the story I didn’t have a plan, other than the premise (an armistice in heaven’s war, MC is chosen as the champion).

Now on the other hand, I know (and you likely do as well) some key points that are bound to happen. Given the characters, and the nature of Act 2, there are several plot points that are inevitable (some were hinted to already in Act 1). As such I had to take some time and think more closely in what order they would need to happen. 

As such, releases will likely slow down a little compared to Act 1. 

Without further adieu, let us begin.

 

__________________

ACT 2 

Prologue

__________________

 

“And you’re sure that they both will grow in the way you have planned?” God asked.

Sophelia smiled calmly as she blinked with her eyes. “It is inevitable. Both are taken with each other. Ezme’s interest in mortals is bound to grow into understanding as she stays by the mortal’s side. And the mortal’s attachment, in turn, will only grow as Ezme is the only person that will show her affection. The mortal will not turn its back on Ezme, in her darkest hour.”

God hummed as he contemplated. “I suppose it might be inevitable. Were you aware that Ezme was trying to make your siblings choose her as the champion?”

Sophelia smiled as she nodded. “It was obvious. Acting like she was, desperately cutting her ties by creating distance between us, at a debate such as the one we were having, her motivations were clear as day.”

“I suppose that is another reason why you suggested sending her to select the mortal.” (God)

Sophelia let out a gentle sigh and cocked her head. “As compassionate as she is, Ezme would inevitably feel guilty and wish to support the champion, even if she wasn’t the one to select it. This way, rather than trying to suppress her nature, she will have to embrace it.”

God chuckled. “I suspect Alarice will be going through a rough time, trying to keep it from happening.”

Sophelia smiled and looked into the distance. “A sound conclusion.”

God leaned back on his throne. “I suppose we should consider it fortunate. If Morpheus hadn’t suggested using a mortal, I would likely have to continue ceding my souls. This way, I can retain control without having to take desperate measures.” 

Sophelia merely smiled as she turned to look at her creator. “It is fortunate, indeed.”

__________________

 

Chapter 39

Fluffles' Approval

 

__________________

I can’t let this opportunity escape. She’s too cute.

As discreetly as possible, Amara summoned her phone to her hand across the room with Snatch. After bringing up the camera, she took a few pictures. 

I should take a few selfies of us too.

Amara raised the phone above them and took a few more pictures. Either the sound of the camera shutter or Amara’s movement seemed to wake Ezme, as she stirred in her sleep.

Ezme smiled and rubbed her face against Amara’s arm as she was waking up.

Amara grinned and looked at Ezme as she spoke quietly. “Good morning.”

“Mmh. Good morning.” Ezme replied with a smile as she clung to Amara’s arm tighter. The angel was still for a moment before her eyes flew open. Her eyes turned to look up at Amara and noticed the camera.

Adorable.

Amara grinned as she looked at Ezme and the sound of the camera shutter was heard again. Ezme blushed intensely as she realized what Amara was doing. “What are you doing?”

Amara smiled and shrugged. “Saving memories. Want a copy?”

“No!” Ezme exclaimed as she pulled away from Amara and sat up to hide her face. 

Feeling a bit guilty, Amara decided to ask. “I can delete them if you want.”

Ezme didn’t answer for a moment before she turned to look at Amara. “...Are you in them too?” 

Amara smiled. “I’m in a few.”

Ezme turned away and again went silent, before she said quietly. “You can keep them if I can have a copy. One I can bring with me.”

Ezme doesn’t use a phone other than when I lend her mine. Guess I should get a printer.

Amara grinned and sat up, wrapping her arm around Ezme’s shoulders to pull her closer as she raised the phone in front of them. “Then we should take a few more!”

“Eh?” Ezme asked in confusion as she looked at Amara when the shutter sound came from the phone. Amara saw on the screen how Ezme looked at the phone.

“Remember to smile.” Amara said and started taking more pictures.

After getting a few good pictures, Amara displayed them on the screen and flipped through them. Once she flipped back to the pictures she had taken while Ezme was sleeping, the angel turned her head away in embarrassment.

Is she embarrassed that she’s clingy in her sleep, or just how she looks in her sleep in general? All I see is cuteness.

Amara grinned as she reached out and stroked the feathers on Emze’s wing. “You don’t have to be embarrassed, Fluffles.”

“I’m not!” Ezme retorted.

“Is that so?” Amara moved in closer as she tried to peek at Ezme’s face. “If you’re not shy, then you should look at me.”

Amara noticed how Ezme’s wings twitched before the angel slowly turned her head to look at her, with cheeks red and eyes that revealed her inner struggle to suppress her embarrassment.

Amara smiled as she stroked Ezme’s cheek. “You don’t need to hide from me, Fluffles.”  

As Amara approached, Ezme’s eyes widened in realization at her intent and tensed up. Amara sensed how Ezme relaxed once the angel began responding to the tongue that invaded her mouth.

Amara had lost track of time when Ezme abruptly and sloppily turned her face away, stuttering while putting a hand over Amara’s face. “A-Amara! Enough! We need to talk about training!”

Amara reluctantly pulled back and looked at Ezme seriously. While Amara did feel a sense of achievement over her recent progress, the exhaustion she had felt was still clear in her mind. Rather than considering it training, it was more like a slow and gentle torture. “I don’t want to train like that anymore.”

“I-” Ezme began before drawing a breath and starting over. “I was maybe a little rough on you, but you need to keep training. I know you can become strong enough to win, but for that, you need to be strong in every aspect. If you have a weakness, they will exploit it to defeat you.”

“Maybe, but I need breaks from time to time. And I also need time to continue practising using magic.” Amara protested.

“And you can do that, but your weakest aspect is still your fighting instincts. You’re more prone to run away from danger than embrace it.” Ezme let out a sigh. “I’ll have to return to the war and also make a few trips to my domain. While I’m gone, I think you’ll have time to practise magic.”

Amara furrowed her brows. “You’re leaving again?”

“Not yet! But I’ll have to before long.” Ezme replied.

Amara looked at Ezme with concern. “I don’t want you to go.”

Ezme answered Amara seriously. “This isn’t about what we want, it’s about what has to be done. The mortals in my domain still need me, and my siblings will still need my help with the war going on.”

“You just got back. And the state you were in when you returned…” Amara’s voice faded.

Amara watched as Ezme looked at her with dead eyes for a moment before she closed them and took a deep breath. “It will only happen more if I don’t go.”

Amara sighed and patted Ezme’s feathers. 

Ezme opened her eyes and looked at Amara. “I won’t be gone for that long each time, don’t worry. However, I do need to go and speak with one of my siblings before we can continue your training.”

Good. Another year without Fluffles would be unbearable.

“Are you going now?” Amara asked. 

Ezme opened her mouth to reply but closed it after a moment and considered.“...Maybe after having coffee first.” 

Amara smiled. “How about some breakfast and an episode to go with it?” 

Ezme smiled brightly and nodded. 

Amara patted Ezme’s feathers. “Alright. I’ll try and get the copies for you by the time you get back.”

Amara had to suppress a giggle at the sight of Ezme’s sparkling eyes and twitching wings.

_______________

While Ezme was gone to speak with whoever she was meeting, Amara snatched a printer from Earth and started setting it up in the room where the rest of her tech was. 

Once everything was working and Amara had sent the pictures to be printed through her laptop, she started searching with Farsight and managed to steal a few small photo album books.

After going back to the bedroom, Amara started cutting the pictures out, wrote on the back and put them into one of the albums. Once she was done, Amara grew bored while she waited for Ezme to return.

Maybe I should copy the books I took from Ramay and other places. After all, I have a printer now. 

Though I do prefer having books rather than just a bunch of sheets...but I shouldn’t be selfish.

Amara sighed and got up to bring the stolen books to the printer. As the books weren’t standardized, some were tricky to fit to get printed - especially the ones containing pictures, such as the book on monsters and the books on magic.

I’ll just skip and keep those. Not worth the effort. This is already going to take forever.

Amara started to robotically flip through the pages to print them from the books that fit, not looking closer other than that the copies were readable and didn’t miss any details.

Amara heard the doors open and smiled as she called out. “I’m over here!”

Soon Ezme turned up in the alcove, and walked over while curiously looking at the device that shook gently at regular intervals. “What are you doing?”

Amara flipped the book onto the next page and held it down on the printer as she pushed the button for the next print. “As I have taken a few books that aren’t mine, I thought I should return them once I’ve made copies.”

Ezme’s eyes sparkled as she watched the printer slowly spit out a new page. “How does it work?”

Amara scratched the back of her head. “I’m not sure exactly. I suppose it scans the differences in reflected light in each spot to determine what colour every spot on the page should be. Then it fills that spot with the right mix of colours, either with ink or powder that it melts.” Amara looked at Ezme. “If you need more details, I can look it up for you I suppose.”

Ezme shook her head. “If you don’t know, it’s probably quite complicated.”

Amara chuckled. “You think too highly of me.”

“You might not think that much of it, but to the vast majority of mortals it will be. After all, the number of worlds that can be compared to how advanced the civilization on Earth is are few.” Ezme replied.

Amara considered. “Maybe you’re right.”

“Of course I am. Tsk. Mortal.” Ezme grinned and looked up at Amara. “You don’t have to go to the extent of returning the books you know. You could just keep them.”

Amara shrugged. “It just feels like the right thing to do I suppose.”

“Maybe you’re not as shameless as I thought.” Ezme said with a wide smile and turned to look at the piles of books. “That’s a lot of books you took.”

Amara smiled. “These are only the important ones. I returned the majority almost right away, as I didn’t need them.”

“I see.” Ezme turned her eyes back to the printer. After staring for a few moments at the cover Amara was holding down against the printer, she spoke in a sharp tone. “Important ones, huh?”

Hmm? Amara frowned and followed Ezme’s gaze to the book.

Magic Spells with Applications for Improving Sexual In-

...Damn.

Amara froze up and wondered whether she dared to look at Ezme’s expression.

“I take back what I said. You are shameless. A shameless pervert.” (Ezme)

 

47