Chapter 14
125 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holding up one to him, she said, “I went shopping while you were out and I plan to go back. I wanted to know if you liked these robes for him to walk around in. I don’t think he’d be too happy to walk around naked, so these should be sufficient.”

She held her hand under it and showed him they could see her hand through it. Changling nodded with a smug smile, “Ah-Cheng, you’ve outdone yourself again but please choose better colours.”

She nodded her head, “Mn, reds, white, black and pinks. I’ll prepare slippers for him too.”

“Take all the money you want and buy yourself something, too. If you want to spoil yourself, go for it. Also inform the madam that I’ll be in later on this week and our aunties too,” he said as he pulled out a black wooden box from the closet.

Placing it on the table, he pulled out a bamboo cane. Running his fingers over the cane, he placed it down on the table and closed the box.

Rucheng’s body involuntarily shuddered just looking at the cane. She grabbed the robes out of the cupboard and speed-walked out of the chamber, closing the door behind her.

Changling chuckled with a shake of his head. He looked over at the unconscious Youxian, who was standing up limply. Picking the cane up, he kicked off his shoes, took off his pants and undid his robe to hang loosely over his shoulders as he paraded around with his front exposed.

Stopping in front of Youxian, he held onto his chin. “It’s time for you to wake up Ah-Xian,” he said, kissing his cheek. He picked up his silk belt and tied it around Youxian’s mouth. Seeing that he wasn’t waking up, he walked over to the table and enjoyed the mango infused orange blossom tea.

*

Rucheng left the palace and heard about all the commotion her brother had caused. She shook her head, feeling miserable, but there was nothing she could do.

She went out to the market and did all of her chores. At the teahouse, she looked at Qian Luse and asked, “Do you mind it if I take a few herbs? Your brother caused trouble in the palace.”

Qian Lan walked in with a smile. “What happened now?”

She bowed to her sister. “It’s better that you find out elsewhere.”

Qian Luse waved her hand. “Fine, take the herbs and go.”

She bowed to them and went to the medical room. After smelling a few boxes, she got bags out and stuffed them inside. Leaving the teahouse, she went back to the palace, but the first place she went to was the Crown Prince’s palace.

When Qiang Wu heard Rucheng was here, he didn’t want to face her. She was beautiful, and he was having a bad day after their brother smacked him — he was so swollen!

“Your highness, she says she won’t leave until you accept what she has brought for you,” the eunuch said.

Qiang Wu thought about it for a while. He nodded his head. “Bring me the screen, then have her come in.”

The eunuch quickly did as he was asked, then went to fetch Rucheng.

She walked in and saw that the crown prince was hiding behind a sheer screen. Bowing to him she said, “Rong Rucheng greets the Crown Prince.”

Qiang Wu cleared his throat, “Rise.”

Standing before him, she said, “Your highness, I am truly sorry for Ah-Ling’s behaviour.”

He sighed, rubbing his cheeks. He asked, “What is going on?”

“Ah-Ling always gets what he wants and no one can stop him,” she explained.

“But there is a limit to his rash behaviour. Not only did he do this, but the way you entered the imperial palace, and he even threatened the empress,” he said.

She lowered her head. “Your highness, I must warn you. Staying out of his way would be best, but that will be for you to decide.”

She presented the two boxes wrapped in silk and said, “I’ve brought over medicinal herbs that my family grows and the tea that our teahouse serves. I do hope they are to your liking.”

The eunuch took the boxes to him and opened them. He smelled all the teas, and he was surprised. He looked at Rucheng and asked, “These have a familiar scent. Are they perhaps from ‘A Thousand Lanterns’?”

She smiled, “Yes.”

Qiang Wu looked at the teas, then at her and got an idea. “Miss Rong, would you mind staying for a while and have tea with me?”

She looked at him confused for a moment, then nodded her head, “Thank you, your highness.”

“Would you like to make the tea yourself?” He asked, hiding his excitement.

She nodded her head and looked at the eunuch. He brought over the box and led her to the kitchen. Smiling at her as she made it, he asked, “Might I ask? Can I have a cup too?”

She chuckled, “Eunuch…”

“Ming,” he helped her.

“Eunuch Ming, you are welcome to have a cup or two,” she said. After she brewed it, she gave him a cup to have a taste and asked, “How is it?”

“Magnificent, but please do not tell his highness,” he said.

She smirked and made her way back to the prince’s chamber. He was still sitting behind the screen as she knelt down in front of the table. He watched as she poured a cup for him and herself. Standing up with a cup in hand, she walked over to him.

“Wait…” he stopped her.

She looked at him, confused, but ignored him and walked behind the screen. Qiang Wu hit his face behind his sleeve.

She felt sorry for him and said, “Your highness, I’m here to serve you tea.”

Qiang Wu was conflicted for a moment, then he lowered his arm and looked at her. Her eyes were lowered in respect to him.

“T-thank you,” he said, taking the cup from her.

She looked up at him as he took the cup and saw his swollen cheeks. Their eyes met as he put the cup to his lips and she asked, “May I remove the screen now?”

He nodded his head awkwardly. She removed it, pushing it to the side, then went to sit at the table. He followed her and sat on the chair opposite her and said, “This tea tastes beautiful.”

“Beautiful?” She questioned.

“Refined? It has a complex taste,” he said.

“There is nothing complex about it, your highness. It’s just different and sweet. Most teas taste earthy, and this one has no such taste. We smoke the apples over a special wood that enhances its flavour, and the bitter melon that was infused for only five seconds gave it another flavour,” she said.

He smiled, “Fine, there’s nothing special about it.”

She looked at him and chuckled. “Your highness, the herbs I brought you should apply it to your face to ease the swelling. Our brother went hard on you.”

He sighed, “I know, and my mother isn’t happy about it.”

She forced a smile, “How does it feel to be disciplined by an older sibling?”

He grumbled, “Not good, I feel humiliated. I am the crown prince.”

“You may be, but you are younger than him and he will discipline you if needed to,” she said.

0