Chapter 41
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chushan knew what he meant, and when she looked at Qinghe, she was reassured. Facing forward, she picked up the cup and drank the tea.

Yifan looked at his son and was proud. Changling just proved that he could silence the royals with a few words and his words to his mother spoke the weight of what he was capable of.

(Outside during all of this)

As Youxian was on his way back from the toilet to the hall, he bumped into Kim Haeun.

She bowed to him with all innocence, and he smiled. “There’s no need to bow, Haeun.”

She assessed his expression, then smirked, “Yes, I guess from today, you’ll be bowing to me.”

Youxian was shocked. This person was his age and they’ve known each other since they were kids. Why was she like this, especially since they were on good terms?

Seeing his confused expression, she smiled, “Didn’t you hear? I’m going to be the crown princess. Obviously, I won’t be marrying my cousin, but I will be marrying your lover.”

“My lover?” He asked, confused, feigning ignorance.

Folding her arms across her chest, she smirked, “Everyone knows that you have been a whore, Youxian. Opening your legs for a man that is out of your league? I knew you were weird, but this? I didn’t expect it from you. And yes, the Crown Prince. Prince Hwang Seonu Da.”

Youxian shuddered inwardly, but his outer appearance was at ease. “Did you really come out here to tell me that?”

She nodded her head. “Why else would I? But that’s not all.”

“It isn’t?” He raised a brow.

Flicking her hair over her shoulder as she turned her back to him, she said, “I won’t be sharing my husband with anyone. Especially a man. Pack your things and leave. I wouldn’t want to get my hands dirty, killing a cut-sleeve.”

As she was leaving, someone hiding in the shadow of a tree smirked.

Youxian returned as Changling had appeased the court.

Looking at him with worry, Changling asked, “Why did you take so long? Are you okay?”

“Unfortunately, I didn’t have your sister to help me,” he said and looked at Kim Haeun, that was only sitting down now.

“So tell me why the two of you are returning?” Changling questioned.

Looking at him, Youxian knew what he was talking about but shook his head. “I don’t know. When did she leave?”

He sighed, hoping very well that nothing had happened.

Across from them, Haeun’s mother looked at her daughter as she berated, “No one is stupid. Why did you follow him out?”

Staring at her mother innocently, she said, “I went to the toilet. What are you talking about?”

“Haeun, you cannot cause trouble for us. You know how your aunt is,” she reminded.

Looking at her aunt that seemed angered, she nodded her head, “I know, mother. I’m only doing as aunt has said and nothing more. I’d never embarrass our family and I’m more than willing to do anything to get you on aunt’s good side.”

*

“I’m full,” Qinghe said.

“Dessert has yet to be served,” Mei Yuan complained.

Changling laughed, saying, “He’s like that. He can’t eat in front of other people.”

“I’ve had enough,” Qinghe said, glaring at his brother.

Youxian looked at Qinghe, he was sitting between them and shook his head, “I wish Changling would stop stuffing his face. He makes me eat as much as he does, too.”

Looking at the bowl of kimchi stew confused, Changling was sure that Youxian started eating a lot all by himself, so what was he going on about?

“Leave him, he’s a pig,” Qinghe commented.

Those who heard him gasped. Really, Qinghe didn’t see him as a prince nor a human.

Pointing his chopsticks at Qinghe, he said, “Continue, Mei Yuan will be a widow before she gets married.”

Shoving a carrot in his mouth, Qinghe shook his head, “How Youxian manages to deal with you? I could never.”

“Trust me, I’m struggling,” Youxian commented, eating pork.

Changling became gloomy. His lover was turning on him in more ways than one.

*

The night ended in peace, but not for Changling. As they made it back to his palace, Changling could tell that Youxian wasn’t okay, and he didn’t believe the report from the physician he got from Youxian. Worse, he just seemed off especially when he said he knew about Haeun.

As the doors closed, Changling watched Youxian walk to the bed and slowly sit down. He went up to him and knelt down in front of him. As Youxian stared at him, the tears formed. His lips trembled and what he wanted to ask came out, “Why did you do this to me?”

“What did I do?” He asked.

Youxian looked around the room saying, “This, all of this. You forced your way into my life. You made me do all those things. You made my heart yearn for you and now? I know I’m in love with you.”

He touched his stomach, “And now I’m… Changling you are getting married! I, how am I going to… you, you’re going to be with someone else, you’ll no longer be mine, all of this, all of it, you did it for nothing. How am I going to live with this? My life has been ruined by you and your family!”

Youxian was so angry, but what he wanted to say couldn’t be expressed. He was scared, scared of the truth!

The only thing Changling heard was, ‘You’ll no longer be mine.’

He slowly stood up as Youxian continued on his rattling thoughts. He never once thought that Youxian saw him as his, and it made him feel good. Before Youxian used to be scared of him, but now he wanted to possess him, he accepted him for the beast that he was–something he never thought would happen. 

Cupping Youxian’s cheeks, he looked into his eyes and said, “I’ll always be yours and no one else’s. You don’t know what you have done to me. Youxian, I’ll always be yours. You do not have to worry about that.”

“Ho, how when you’re going to marry Haeun? She’ll give birth to your child and next, I’ll be kicked out. I know you think you can get away with a lot, but there are bigger forces out there Changling. They’ll kill me, Haeun. She will kill me if she wants to, and then what?” He said.

Changling chucked Youxian on the bed, saying, “You need to calm down. Nothing will happen to you. I need to go now. I’ll be home in the morning. Stay here and be good, and I do not want to hear any of this shit coming from you.”

*

Youxian sat on the bed watching Changling change out of his red robes into black robes. His eyes were still leaking with tears as he asked, “Where are you going?”

Pausing, Changling thought about what he could answer, but this was Youxian he was speaking to. Sitting on the bed, he handed Youxian the shirt as he asked, “Do you know the rebel group, Shallow Grave?”

Youxian nodded his head as he helped Changling into the shirt. After he tied it, he hugged Changling and leaned against his chest. Laying down with his lover in his arms, he continued, “The emperor is having issues with them and is hoping to strike a deal with the leader of the group.”

“So why are you bringing that up?” Youxian asked as he listened to Changling’s heartbeat.

“You said that there are many forces at work in the palace that are powerful than me. This my mother mentioned it too, but what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her,” he said.

Youxian sat in a leaning position as he looked at Changling. Changling wiped his tears away, continuing, “The leader of the group is named Long Wu, and the emperor of this kingdom is named Wu Yong. Long Wu lives to create chaos in the kingdom Wu Yong rules.”

Youxian’s heart shuddered. “What are you getting at?”

Staring into his eyes, he said, “There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Youxian. I’m not okay, but that does not mean I will let people do as they please with me. Yes, I’m marrying Haeun. I knew I was going to get married sooner or later, but that comes with the title of crown prince. No one will accept it if I marry you and no matter how much I want to marry you, I can’t, but that does not mean that she will be taking your place beside me. She’ll do her job and leave. No one but you can be by my side and if it was permitted, I would do anything to have you carry my children.”

0