4: Takai & Sonoda
186 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miss Kobayashi's homeroom class, Class 1-A for Year 1 Class A, was positioned as it had always been, on the 3rd floor of Lobel Academy on the east side of the building overlooking the school's track field and other outdoor athletic areas if you were to look out its windows. As it was a nice spring day, the windows had been opened to allow fresh air and the scent of the cherry blossoms from the campus to permeate the room. Miss Kobayashi simply allowed the girls to choose their own seats for today and the day after but when both days passed their seats would become permanent for the first semester, then the seating arrangement for the semesters afterward would be decided by her.

Speaking of Miss Kobayashi, she was rather young looking for her actual age of 32 years, 10 of them spent teaching at Lobel. Chocolate brown hair was tied into an intricately braided bun with a blue ribbon holding it all together, along with yellow eyes framed by oval glasses.

On one hand, having Kobayashi as a capture target wouldn't be too bad. On the other hand, having to deal with a crazy-ass teacher in love with her student and pretty much holding her school life in her hands is not a power dynamic I wanna have to deal with.

"Alright class, good morning and welcome once again!" Miss Kobayashi clapped her hands together to catch the attention of all the girls sat in neat rows. "I'm Kobayashi Rei, or Miss Kobayashi, and I'll be your homeroom teacher for this year. I hope that we can have a peaceful, but fun, time together."

You keep hoping then, Miss Kobayashi. You keep hoping.

"Now then, since you'll all be sharing a classroom this year, it's best we all get to know each other through self-introductions." Miss Kobayashi seemed to get even more full of sunshine with the thought of having all her students give a short introduction of themselves for the next ten minutes at least. "Just say your name and something you enjoy doing in your free time."

Despite how much time the class introductions take, they're at least somewhat important. Not only do they give you the bare minimum look into whoever's in your class's interests and personalities, but it's also the first basis you have for your own personality and how the entire school, NPCs, capture targets, and teachers perceive you. Even something as simple as this is an important game mechanic, huh.

19 attempts and failures had made Saya calculative of every step she took in this game, after all, she had died or caused someone else's death due to the smallest, most insignificant things such as mentioning someone in a conversation or leaving a too lasting impression. Anything and everything could lead to an early game over, which she would admit had made her rather paranoid of every single move she made but it was better cautious than kidnapped and slowly starved to death in someone's basement.

Mulling over the image she wanted to create and the best way to show it in her self-introduction, Saya pretty much tuned out the introductions her classmates made as they were for the most part NPCs that wouldn't be very important outside of building her reputation or using as human shields should a capture target go wild. Dark? A little. Cruel? Definitely. Smart? Absolutely. Morals meant nothing when faced with survival, that was true for everyone and especially true for Saya. She finally tuned back into what was happening around her when a familiar tan girl with messy, short orange hair and hazel eyes stood up in the second row to start her own introduction.

The girl of the hour finally makes her appearance.

Giving a bright smile, the girl began to speak with a sunny tone of voice. "My name is Takai Kei, my favorite thing to do is play soccer. I hope we can all get along this year!" You could practically see a dog's tail wagging rapidly behind her as she finished her short intro and sat back down in her seat.

Takai Kei, the puppy girl. Eager to please, eager to play, eager to be liked by anyone. One of the easier capture targets to get under your belt and her route doesn't carry as many death flags as some others. Rather sweet if she wasn't crazy. Can't forget that a cute puppy can eventually grow into a ferocious, territorial wolf. That's exactly why I'm getting her first.

A few other insignificant introductions later, a girl with blonde hair tossed over her shoulder in a low ponytail and green eyes that avoided looking at anyone until they were simply staring up at the ceiling when she began to stumble over her words repeatedly, barely able to get any words out. "My... My name, name is um... Sonoda....... Lucia...... I, I um... like to..... draw." Sonoda finally managed to squeak out what she wanted to say before plunging herself back into her seat, red in the face and shrinking.

And there's Sonoda Lucia. Not much to say about her that she hasn't already tried to say.

Now Saya could simply wait until it was her turn to speak. As it got closer and closer to being her turn, she began to countdown in her head. One, two, three, four... now.

Standing up from her seat, a breeze blew in from the open window beside her, sending Saya's black hair lingering and flowing with it as she smiled demurely at the class before speaking with a gentle voice. "My name is Furuta Saya. I enjoy playing piano, let's all get along this year." With that said, Saya took her seat again, brushing cherry blossom petals from out of her hair gently.

[ Takai Kei's favorability has risen. (0) ---> (10) ]

[ Sonoda Lucia's favorability has risen. (0) ---> (5) ]

Fucking bagged it.

6