Chapter 2: Huh?!  
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devika’s POV

 

“I need to catch up before the 1st subject starts!” I said while aggressively walking in the hallway, when I finally reached my subject room, I slowly open the back door. I took a fast glimpse to see if my professor’s already discussing or not, then I slowly go into the nearest vacant seat I can find. Haaayyyst luckily the professor is still prepping his things… I just noticed that there are four people in front? Who are they? LOL, why do I care?! ‘Maybe’ thanks to them I am not late! LUCKY!

 

"Good Morning Devika!” Lea whispered to me, she’s seating in front of me.

 

“You’re almost late, AGAIN,” she said while smiling. Lea is one of my closest friends here at the University.

 

“Yes, hehe what’s new?” I jokingly answered.

 

We both laughed at my comment.

 

“ Uh! Lea! Who are those people in front?” I asked her, hihi… sorry my gossipy and curios self can’t help it.

 

 “Oh! Them? *look at the four people* Glad you asked that they are the four transferees that came from a high-end University” Lea explained.

 

 “Ehh! W-wait a minute feels like I already met the other two” I said while thinking where the heck did my forgetful self saw them. 

 

"Oh really Devika, where?” curiously asked by Lea.

 

“Ah yes! I remember it, Lea! Those two are the people I bumped into with in front of the school gate earlier, tsk!” I irritatedly said. The people who ruined my beautiful day! The professor’s finally done prepping his materials.

 

"Ok class!" the professor suddenly said. “These four are your new blockmates. Okay, introduce yourselves, you’re not a kid anymore for me to do that for you.” boringly said by the professor. They introduce themselves one by one. The first one to introduce was the arrogant and crazy girl I met earlier. She said, her name is Mädchen. The next to introduce is the arrogant guy that I also met earlier. Seems like he doesn’t like the tone of what our professor said earlier, I heard him clicked his tongue before he introduced himself. He only said his first name. See how arrogant that guy is! Cyrus is his name he said. Next is the guy with a pair of glasses, who is Saimon and the last one was the little guy that looks like an elementary schooler that just got lost in the College Department which is Rory. Pffft! Me is meanie, hahaha. My classmate seems to like those obnoxious duos, Cyrus and Mädchen. Even Lea admitted that she’s interested with Cyrus! I can hear them squealing when those two are introducing themselves, what are they?! Highschoolers?! Fangirling like those two is some celebrities?!

 

“These four came from a high-end University which is the XXX University, so unless you did some ultra advance reading, expect them to be more advanced in terms of knowledge than you are.” The professor said after the four transferees are done introducing themselves. The whole room filled with disbelief and amazement when they heard that these people came from XXX University. Why? Because entering that University was not easy, entering that school is like entering the eye of a needle. I even tried taking the entrance exam of that University once, you know, maybe luck will be on my side, but even if you are the luckiest person in the world, you cannot pass that exam. I remember I was already sweating blood with just the first question. That’s why I was wondering why did they waste such opportunity to study at that University and decided to transfer here. What a waste!

 

Mädchen and Cyrus decided to seat at the back– near to me – of the room. While the other two transferees decided to seat near in front. The professor turned off the lights for the projection presentation of his lectures.

 

“Hoy Cyrus!...” Mädchen called Cyrus while whispering, “… You haven’t changed! You can’t control your temper, you’re still easy to annoy hahaha” annoyingly said by Mädchen to Cyrus.

 

“Shut up…” arrogant Cyrus replied.

 

“Keep yourself together! You’re acting like a kid.” She said while smirking. I was about to laugh because of their conversation, but then I remember what happened earlier. I wish they don’t recognize me… it’s dark, so they will not recognize me, right? RIGHT? *cross fingers* 

 

Mädchen suddenly turn her head in my direction, I didn’t notice that I am already staring at her, I immediately avert my gaze and immediately act as if I’m listening to the discussion of the professor while whishing that she won’t recognize me! >_< 

 

"Psst! Oy!” Mädchen’s whispery call to me. Shit! I think she recognized me! I did not respond to her call. I’ll just pretend that I didn’t hear her… That is what I wanted to do but she doesn’t stop calling me! She keeps on saying, Psst, Oy! Psst, Oy! to me! Didn’t she know the word manners? It’s disrespecting calling someone like that! And top of that, she even came from a prestigious University!

 

“Arrgghh! What?!” I whispery shout back to her, I think the professor heard it a bit because he stopped speaking for a few seconds. Mädchen waited for the professor to continue discussing before she speaks again.

 

"It feels like I saw you earlier," she said while thinking.

 

“H-huh?! I-I guess not!” I said nervously.

 

"Aha! hahaha, You’re that female dog earlier!” she teasingly said. I aggressively stood up and said…

 

“ Argghhhh! I have a name! And that’s not female dog!” I angrily shout back at her. I realized what I just did, I interrupted the class. I can feel the gazes of my blockmates, the Professor even stopped discussing… Shit! I’m screwed. I glanced back to Mädchen, she’s just seating there straight, acting like she’s not the reason why I shouted. Arrrgghhh... the guts!

 

“Ms. Pulan… right?” the professor asked me while turning on the light using a remote.

 

 “Y-yes, Sir…” I nervously answered … Shit! I’m screwed…

 

“How far was the distance from Earth to Mars?” my professor asked me, w-wait I know that ahh… I can’t think straight! Shit, I forgot.

 

“Does anyone here want to help Ms. Pulan? Seems like she’s having a hard time answering such an easy question.” the Prof said while smiling. Shiiiitt! It’s embarrassing! I can hear those silent laugh of my blockmates, I can’t think straight because of nervousness, Argggh! Mädchen suddenly raised her right hand.

 

“Oh! Yes, Ms. Formosa!” the professor called while smiling.

 

“ It is 34,647,420 miles or 55,757,930 km away from Earth, Sir,” she said seriously.

“Very good, what was the answer again Ms. Pulan?” the professor asked me back again, I repeat what Mädchen said.

“Ms. Pulan, if you’re not interested in my lectures, the door is wide open, you can leave anytime you want. You may now sit.” The professor said calmly.

 

“Y-yes Sir, it’s not going to happen again,” I said then sit.

 

I can hear my blockmates snickering while the professor was giving me a lecture. I glanced at Mädchen once more, she’s silently snickering! I’ll make sure to get my revenge someday! My professor continued discussing again. I silently listen to his discussion until his lecture time is done.

 

“…in the next lecture, I will be detailed about the universe and will answer some of the questions that build up in your mind. So! That would be all for today! Please do some advance reading, it will be much appreciated.” He ended the discussion. I started fixing my things for the next class.

 

“ Hey, female dog! Arf-arf!” Mädchen teasingly called me. Argggg! When will she leave me alone?!

 

“ What do you want this time?!” I angrily asked her. But before she can answer me, the professor called me.

 

“Ms. Pulan…”

“Y-yes, sir?!” I nervously asked.

 

“… and you too Ms. Formosa, come here,” the professor said. We go to where the professor is.

 

“Huh? Why include me?” Mädchen asked silently.

 

“Ms. Pulan, because you love to have all the attention of everyone… here” the professor handed me some print-outs, why is this so thick? The width is about 1 inch or so.

 

“Those are the print-outs of our future topics next week.” The Professor said while smiling, shit! This sounds no good…

 

“A-ah Sir, what are these for?” I asked nervously.

 

“You will be the one who will discuss these for the whole week, next week” he explained with a big smile on his face.

 

“What?!” I asked in disbelief, this is too many!

 

“What? You don't want to? Is the grade Cinco is fine with you? I am an easy talker, you see” he said while opening his student’s ledger.

 

“N-no Sir! I am actually happy and enthralled, I-I’m so excited for this reporting! HAHAHA!” I fake laughed, but I seriously want to cry because this is too many!

 

“Sorry for interrupting you Sir, but…  may I take my leave?” impatiently said by Mädchen.

 

“Don’t worry Ms. Pulan, because you will be with Ms. Formosa in this reporting” the professor said. You can see how shock Mädchen is from what she heard, even I, was shocked.

 

“Sir! Why am I included? Isn’t this female do-, this woman was the only one who interrupted your class?!” she defended. I heard it, she called me female dog again… I will make sure to have my revenge someday, you witch!

 

“I knew you’re the one who provoked her earlier, that’s why you’re included.” Calmly said by the Professor while smiling and looking straight at Mädchen. She was about to snarl when the professor speaks to stop her. I don’t know if I will be happy because she got punished as well, or will be mad because she’s with me in this punishment. This is a double kill on my side!

 

“No more buts, make sure that you will get the interest and the attention of your blockmates with your presentation, also make sure that they will all listen to you, Is that clear?” he calmly said, but the tone of authority is heard. We both just accept the punishment. We cannot do anything to persuade the professor.

 

 What else can we do? Nothing! It’s now or never, Accept the project or Cinco!

1