Book One: Chapter 8
202 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jenny opened her eyes and found herself on a bed inside a stone chamber. She sat up and rubbed the bump on her forehead, feeling the burn where Horde hit her at. She still wore her loincloth bikini without the knowledge of why they never changed her clothing.   

Across the room, the door opened where the tall skinny white monkey man stepped in. “Our chief wants to see you, human.”

Jenny followed the creepy monkey man. They walked down a smooth hallway with other doors along the way. She wasn’t sure the section was a dungeon or a lounge.

“You are very lucky our great chief spared you,” said the monkey man. “Very few are fortunate who fought against him.”

Jenny sure was lucky in the arena. She would have died if Horde didn’t sniff her hair. 

He said she was the daughter of his enemy. Did he mean her father?

They approached a golden double doorway at the end of the hall. The door opened, revealing a large chamber with pillars standing along the clear path toward the throne at the back where Chief Horde sat. He wore a red robe on his muscular brown furry body. With his helmet off, Jenny could see his bald ape-man head with little brown fur around his skull.  

On his left, a monkey girl approached him and poured wine into his goblet. The monkey girl has brown fur with a ponytail hair, wearing a golden chain mail bikini. 

Horde sipped his goblet and turned his attention to Jenny. “Greetings, daughter of Barry. I almost thought you would never wake up after I knocked you out very hard.”

“You know my father?” Jenny asked.

Horde waved his hand, signaling his female servant to leave him. “We had a long history together. Let’s say it isn’t very pleasant.”

“Why did you spare my life?”

Horde sipped his goblet again and placed it on the arm of his throne. “Because I want to learn from you. I want to know where you came from.”

“Did you truly expect me to tell you after you tried to kill me?”

Horde chuckled. “I know I said I showed no mercy. However, you are the exception this time. Your knowledge is more valuable than your death. If you tell me, I will spare your life.”

“And what do you plan to do if you find him?”

Horde glared. “If you don’t tell me, I will do worse things to you.”

When he snapped his fingers, the white monkey grabbed Jenny from behind and held a dagger toward her throat. 

Horde got up and walked toward her. “You will tell me, or else he will cut your throat out.”

Jenny yelped as the cold blade pushed harder. “I don’t know where he is! I am only looking for him!”

Horde crossed his arms. “That is why you are with his warriors?”

“Yes! They were taking me to his clan!”

Horde rubbed his chin and smiled. “Good.”

He nodded his head, and then the white monkey released her. Jenny rubbed the sharp cut on her throat. 

The white monkey man would have spilled her blood if she didn’t tell Horde. Although he wouldn’t know anything if he killed her, he seemed confident enough to murder her. But fortunately, he doesn’t know her father’s location. If she knew, would she had died to keep her father’s secret safe?

Horde walked back to his throne. “You might be useful.”

“What do you mean?” Jenny asked.

Horde sat back on his throne and faced Jenny. “I am sure your companions will find you. If they are still alive.”

Jenny glared. “I bet they will.”

Without warning, something smacked the back of her head, pushing her down to the floor as she passed out.

4