Book One: Chapter 23
376 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Geez, I totally wished Kevin could drive his car faster to school. But too many damn cars were driving across the street.

Oh, well…..

It only took us five minutes to reach the parking lot near the football field. The girls were already on the field, doing jumping jacks in front of Tiffany. Watching them practice brought warmness to my heart.

After Kevin parked his car, he turned toward me. "Here we are. It looks like they already started without you."

I shrugged with a frown. "Totally….."

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Maybe a little."

"What is wrong?"

I sucked in a deep breath and blew the air out. "What if Mark isn't the only one in this town? What if there are other things out there…..like him?"

"You mean werewolves?"

"Worse….. More monsters.”

Kevin bit his lower lip. "There might be true. Our world is a big place for them to hide."

"But what if they attack this town?” I rubbed my eyes. "What we just witnessed might be totally the beginning. If they do come here, what could we do?"

Kevin smiled and placed his hand on my right shoulder. "Don't worry about that. If nobody else can stop them, you can fight them. You will not be alone since….. Salina and I are with you. I got the science, she got the magic, and you got the strength."

I smiled. “Thank you.”

After a hug, I stepped out and ran to the field. 

Whatever else was out there, I will totally be ready for them. This is my home, and I will protect it….. As a werewolf cheerleader.

 

11