Book Two: Chapter 16
163 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright moonlight glimmered through the glass window into the ballroom. Halloween electronic music played through the flashing orange and yellow lights, projecting from the disco ball, hanging from the ceiling.

I didn’t expect a lot of kids arriving to party their pants off. About fifty came by who I barely recognized. Everyone wore their own creepy and sexy costumes to catch hungry eyes. We got the hot firefighters, dixie vampire girls, shirtless clowns, and sexualized fairy tale girls.

I was the only fake vampire chick who totally stood out from the harlots of darkness. My cheerleader uniform was red, with DH on my chest. My skirt hung pretty short under my exposed belly, and plastic fangs hid behind my upper red lip. Maybe a little sexy, but at least I didn’t dress up like a whore.

Before the party, the girls and I dressed in separate bedrooms on the third floor. Why there were so many bedrooms, I didn’t know.

Holly and I stood near the food table. It had cupcakes, chips, candy, drinks, and garlic bread. Just your basic shacks because the guests preferred drinking. Hormones and sweat filtered through the air, making me dizzy.

Holly wore a sparkling white dress with fairy wings on her back. She looked totally cute and less skimpy.

While sipping our spiked punch juice, we watched the crowd dance in their drunken trance. I didn’t feel drunk while the music rocked through my ears. I guessed alcoholic doesn’t affect werewolves, no matter how much they drank. 

Malaya rocked her hips between two pirate dudes wearing a blue silk belly dancer costume. A blue veil covered her mouth, letting her dark eyes shine in the light. She tied her top tight enough to show off her breasts.

Whatever! She asked for it.

Tiffany and Brian danced in the middle of the crowd, holding hands and twirling in their deep passion. Dancing as if they were inside a romantic movie. 

Our cheerleader captain wore the naughty nurse outfit. You know, a white lingerie gown with a v-shaped cleavage, a short skirt, and a cap on her head with a red cross. A red plastic stethoscope hung around her neck and her red lipstick shined on her lips like a ruby stone. She only wore that skimpy outfit to impress her boyfriend.

Brian wore a tuxedo suit with a hockey mask on his head, covered in red blood. Either he was a hockey player or a tuxedo slasher killer. But he wasn’t skimpy as Tiffany.

“Cute couple, aren’t they,” said Holly.

“Yeah…..” I sipped my drink, tasting the spicy strawberry alcoholic juice.

I felt like watching the couple dance was all I could do. Kevin and Salina were off exploring the castle to finish their so-called paranormal investigation. I would have joined them instead, but I had to help my friends prepare the party before the unknown guests arrived. We totally didn’t have enough time to finish, but nobody cared. Everybody just wants to drink, make out, and dance in silly costumes. How different was this freaking party from the other ones we attended?

"Hey, do you see Betty here?" Holly asked, beaming her eyes around.

I snapped from the happy couple's sight and looked around. "You're right! I haven't seen her gang arriving here."

"Maybe they are late."

"I didn't see them when I brought Betty here. She said they were waiting for her at the castle. And then she just says, 'My bad!' She's freaking weird."

"I know." Holly sipped her cup. "Was she lying?"

A kid in a teddy bear suit skipped past me. How could anyone find that hot? "Why would she? It would make total no sense."

Holly bit her lip. "Maybe she doesn't want Tiffany to get jealous?"

"Jealous? How?"

"Did you tell Tiffany about Brian meeting Betty before her?"

"No."

Holly widened her eyes. "Why didn't you?"

I held my right hand up. "Duh! I totally didn't want to shock her panties off."

"But what if she plans to make out with him behind Tiffany's back here? That will wreck Tiffany!"

I glanced at her. "I doubt that. Betty is a lesbian."

Holly squeezed her eyebrows together. "She like girls?"

"Brian tried to ask her out once, but she said she was only into girls. Maybe she totally said that to keep his hands off her."

Holly grinned. "Well, good for her. At least we know she will not cheat on Brian."

I hoped so, but I got a feeling she was checking me out. As a popular cheerleader, I didn’t mind people checking me out when I waved my pom-poms on the football field. Boys and girls could imagine me in their wet dreams, but that didn’t mean I would actually go to bed with them. I liked only boys who I could trust. Too bad Mark was a mistake.

“Hi, ladies!” Rory wobbled toward us. His cheeks flushed red and his stale, sour breath bloomed from his thirsty mouth. “Wanna dance?”

I pinched my nose. “No, thanks.”

“We are fine here,” said Holly, holding her palm over her nose.

Rory laughed with his eyes crossed. His sweat poured down his face, smudging his skull face makeup off his skin. “Come on! This is a party where-”

His face turned green as his cheeks swallowed like balloons. He bent forward and vomited brown muck to the floor. “BLAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!”

Holly and I jumped back, but his vomit splattered across my shoes. 

Oh my god!

“You idiot!” I shouted, staring at my poor white running shoes, painted in crap.

“I’m going to puke in the corner!” Holly sprinted off, covering her mouth.

I quickly ran from Rory, stepping on my heels. “And I need to use the restroom!”

Damn! How bad could this party get?

 

4