Book Three: Chapter 18
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I approached the back of the bleachers, but saw no one peeking at my friends. Perhaps the sneaky freak escaped before I could catch his ass.

When I turned around, I bumped into someone.  In my reaction, I swung my fist through the air with my eyes closed. 

Then the person caught it. "Hey!" 

I opened my eyes in front of Tyler. His palm pushed my fist back. 

"Oh!" I lowered my fist. "Sorry! Sorry! I totally thought you were someone else."

"It's okay….. I was passing by." Tyler stroked his hair, still wearing the clothes he wore on his first day. 

I couldn’t stop glancing at his handsome face. "Uuuuuuuuuh, have you seen someone here?"

Tyler looked around. "Who?"

I checked the bleachers. "I swore I saw someone here. Probably a stalker."

"No worries, I didn't see anyone else."

"Oh thank god." I sucked in some air and let it all out. No mummy, no stalkers.

"What's your name?" Tyler asked. "I think I saw you in my first class."

I held out my hand, smiling widely. "Yeah, I'm Jessica. Jessica Tumbleleague!"

"Cute name. I already introduced myself, right?"

"Yes, you totally did."

Tyler nodded. "Would you like to hang out with me?"

I bit my lip and glanced at the football field. "Sorry….. I'm doing cheerleading practice right now. But I am available after school."

"Cheerleading, huh? Sounds interesting."

"Yup, I totally love it. Makes me popular! Do you have cheerleaders where you come from?"

Tyler shrugged. "Not that I know."

"Oh….. Well, where do you wanna hang out at?"

Tyler pointed his thumb back. “Burger Queen. I have never been there yet."

"Oh! I love that place! What time?"

Tyler tapped his wristwatch. "After school?" 

I nodded. "Sure, but I can't stay out late."

"Okay, I will see you later.”

"Me too!" I watched Tyler walk off the field toward the parking lot. Damn, he got a cute butt!

Maybe it was time for me to get a new boyfriend after all. I couldn't wait to suck his-

Oh God! Calm yourself down, Jessica! It will only be a date!

I shook my dirty thoughts out of my head and returned to my squad. For somw reason, all of them gazed at me with big smirks on their faces.

I narrowed my eyes on them. “What?”

The girls spread out and waved their pom-poms while rocking their hips.

Jessica and Tyler!

Sitting in the tree!

K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

First comes love!

Then comes marriage!

Then comes the baby, pooping all over the place!

Gooooooooo Jessica!


The girls laughed, but I only crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. Totally immature!

*****

I stood under a tree near the parking lot, while a mop of students rushed out of the school building. Good thing she got out early.

I already called Dad to let him know I will meet a friend after school. He told me to be home before dark as usual. He didn't sound worried at all. Maybe because he worked a lot. But Dad knew I could handle myself with my self-defense skills. If anyone tried to touch me, their fingers will not be the only things they will lose.

From the crowd, Kevin showed up. "What's up? Did you find anything?"

I shook my head. "No-well….. I thought I saw something. Somebody was totally watching my squad."

"And you didn't see his face?"

"I only saw his shadow, creeping around. He vanished before I could catch him."

"If he is watching your friends, you should keep a close eye on them."

I nodded. "I will."

"I'm going to meet Salina, see if she can find the mummy again. Want to join us tonight?"

Before I opened my mouth, a jeep honked next to me. The driver’s side window opened, revealing Tyler's face. "Are you ready, Jessica?"

I waved to him. "Yeah! I'll hop in!"

Kevin glanced at Tyler. "Who is he?"

"Tyler, the new kid," I answered, "we're going out."

"But what about later?" Kevin asked. 

I sat into the jeep. "Don't worry. I'll totally call you."

After I closed the door, Tyler drove his jeep out of the parking lot.

I glanced at him with a grin. "So, what is your favorite food?"

Tyler stopped his jeep near a sidewalk and gazed at me. From his mouth, he blew golden dust into my face.

I coughed as my head swirled all over the place.

"Sleep," Tyler whispered, "sleep….."

I glanced at him before the darkness swallowed me up.

2