Book One: Chapter 15
204 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh my god!" Lena's voice shouted. "The big spider is outside!"

“We know that, Lena!” John shouted.

“What should we do?” Kara asked.

“We need to-” John paused when he felt a jolt in his body.

He dropped down to his knees and screamed.

“John! What is wrong?” Alexis shouted.

John’s body was boiling as if he was melting inside an oven. His bones and muscles grew, pushing against his suit inside. 

Oh no! Not now!

John felt his face turned narrow. It grew so big, his glass helmet shattered apart.

“John!” Alexis shouted.

John’s head fully changed into a wolf head, and then he blacked out when his last breath of air left his burning lungs.

*****

Alexis couldn’t believe John changed into his werewolf form in the vacuum of space. But he was still moving, except he wasn’t himself now.

The werewolf dropped the helmet and tore off his suit, leaving only his pants on. His furry bare chest and metal arms were out. 

He roared at the giant spider and charged.

The werewolf jumped onto the spider and slashed his claws on the spider’s shell. The spider backed away from the ship while shaking its back.

“What should we do?” Kara asked.

Alexis turned to her. "We still get back on the ship and prepare to lift off."

"But we can't leave John here!"

Alexis stomped on a spider. "We are not leaving him. Trust me."

The girls dashed into the airlock and the door closed. After the oxygen steamed back inside, the girls took off their suits and raced to the cockpit. 

"Where is John?" Lena asked as the two girls entered.

Alexis sat down. "He is fighting the big mommy spider.”

"What?"

"He transformed. I need you to get this ship to spaceborne. After John kills the spider, we have to get him inside."

"How?"

"Watch him. I will tell you when."

Lena switched the engines on and she pulled the flight handles back. "Yes! We are free!"

"Hover toward the spider," Alexis ordered.

Lena levitated over the spider. The girls could see John jumping all over the spider's back, ripping the shell. With metal arms and super strength, he became capable of tearing things apart easily. 

Alexis imagined what John could do to a human if someone pisses him off. Hopefully, he won’t turn on Alexis and her friends.

“Get him, baby!” Lena cheered.

While John was biting on the spider’s head until one of the spider’s tentacles grabbed him.

“Oh no!” Kara shouted.

The spider threw the werewolf into its massive round mouth, full of razor-sharp teeth. It closed its mouth, chewing on John.

“Noooooooo!” Lena shouted.

“Calm down!” Alexis shouted.

The zombie girl glared at the witch. “It ate him!”

“Nothing can kill a werewolf without silver. Just watch!”

Alexis hoped she was right.

Werewolves could survive anything, even getting vaporized into mere atoms. They will just reform and regrow their limbs. Even burning through the sun doesn’t stop them from coming back. 

The spider swallowed John and crawled away. It soon stopped and screamed in pain. It coughed out blue blood and collapsed to the ground.

John clawed his way out through the back on the dead spider. He climbed up on top and shook the blood off his fur.

Alexis sighed. “Fly toward him and open the ramp.” She turned to the vampire girl. “You will bait him into our ship.”

Kara glared. “Why me?”

“Because I can’t breathe in space vacuum. The cargo bay will be airless when the ramp opens.”

“Then what do you want me to do? Shake my ass so he can chase after me?”

Alexis handed a small gun to Kara. “When he gets in, put him to sleep with this. It is strong enough to take down an elephant.”

Kara took the gun and stared at it. “This will put his ass to sleep for days.”

“He will recover fast, but it is the only thing to contain him.”

Kara nodded and rose from her seat. “If he rips off my head, I will stick this up your pretty ass.”

Alexis shrugged. She knew Kara would be dead if she ever loses her head. 

After the vampire stepped out of the cockpit, Alexis sat behind Lena. “Keep the ship still.”

“No worries,” said Lena, keeping her hands on the flight handles.

*****

Kara entered the cargo bay and closed the door, locked tight. The cargo chamber was as big as two garages inside a house. Crates and boxes stood against the walls and the weapon racks were near the door. At the center was an all-terrain vehicle, known as the Cerberus. It has six large wheels to make it easy to drive over any type of terrain. And its body was covered in thick gray armor. 

In a few moments, the ramp door opened, sucking the air out into space. Then the ramp slowly lowered down.

Nothing else got sucked out. They were all secured by straps so the squad wouldn’t lose anything. 

Kara stepped toward the end of the ramp and waved her arms. “Hey!”

The werewolf looked up at her. He was still standing on the spider’s corpse.

Kara waved to him. “Up here, you big hairy bastard!”

The werewolf growled and jumped up very fast. His legs were so strong, he could leap as far as he could.

He grabbed onto the ramp and pulled himself up.

Kara stepped back and pushed her com-link. “He’s in! Close the door!”

John roared and tackled Kara. He slammed her against the wall and sank his fangs into her neck.

She screamed and shot the tranquilizer dart into his skull.

The wolf yipped and dropped her. He stepped back and pulled the dart out of his head. Then he collapsed to the floor.

Kara got up and rubbed her neck. 

John almost killed her, but at least she shot quicker. She approached his sleeping body and kicked him. 

Next time she will let Alexis handle him instead.

3