Book Two: Chapter 11
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Inside the locker room, John placed some underwear on and pulled up black and blue camouflage pants over his legs before strapping them on with a metal equipment belt. Lena got dressed too, although her white cheeks were still flushing in redness. Was she still thinking about what she did to John in the shower?

There was no code of conduct on SPD squads making out whenever they wanted to, but their missions must be completed first and foremost. Slaying monsters and saving lives were more important than thinking about dirty thoughts for each other. Whatever the pheromones did to Lena, they sure as hell made her professional on giving John a satisfying pleasure. Not that he hated it, but he wasn't sure if Lena was acting like herself. The werewolf pheromones might have changed women, make them obedient to the alpha wolf so he could easily change them into his breeding pack. But John would never become like that. He wasn't a slave master, he was a hunter who killed evil for the good of mankind. If he ever turned evil, he whether be dead so he wouldn't hurt anyone he cared. He never asked to become a cyborg werewolf. It just happened because his lust clouded his judgment. This time he won't let that happen again. "Ready?"

Lena nodded and followed him out. Her face cooled off.

The moment he stepped into the hallway, Copper hovered toward John. “Are you done f-”

John pulled Copper close to his face and glared into the robot’s red-eye. “Just tell us where we go next before I break you apart.”

Copper shook out of John’s grasp and hovered back. “We should head to the control center.”

“Why?” Lena asked.

“Is your brain dead too? We can see what the hell is happening on the planet! It will give you access to everything!"

John thought about it. Without a map, John and Lena couldn't navigate through the complex to find Alexis and Kara. And getting lost in a place full of demons was suicide. "How do we get there?"

Copper pointed his finger down the hallway. "Use the elevator. Take it up to the top level."

"The freaks better not show up again in there." John rushed back toward the elevator and pushed the button.

The doors opened. Blood and gore still laid around the interior. John felt lucky he wasn't hungry yet. 

After Lena and Copper entered after him, John pushed the level fifty button. The doors closed and the elevator vibrated up.

Lena sighed. "I wish this thing has elevator music."

"I hate elevator music," said John, facing the doors.

"Not all elevator music is bad. We got good ones back at the station."

John chuckled. "Piano I think, but it's boring. Same music over and over again."

"It isn't bad to me."

"Sometimes it gets stuck in my head. To get rid of it, I play heavy metal."

Lena blinked her eyes. "I didn't know you like metal."

"Electronic metal. Gets me pumped for battle. You like piano music?"

Lena shrugged. "I think so."

John turned to her. "But you said you liked the piano elevator music."

"I only said it's good. That doesn't mean I like it."

"Then what music do you like?"

Lena stared at the ceiling and placed her finger on her lip. "Classical."

"That ancient boring music?"

Lena glared at him. "Don't insult it! Classical is relaxing. I don't mind other music, but classical brings me peace after a stressful mission. It helps me fall asleep too."

"Lullabys don't work?"

Lena's puffed her cheeks. "I'm not a baby!"

John laughed until the elevator doors open. When he turned around, his mouth dropped. "Oh shit."

Through a corridor, many possessed inmates strolled around like zombies. They were hissing, scratching the walls, and eating limbs from their victims on the floor. So many, John couldn't see what was on the other side of the hallway. "Copper, is that the correct path to the control center?"

"I'm afraid bloody so," Copper answered.

John held up his arms and changed them into his mini-gun. "This is going to be a major cluster fuck battle."

1