Chapter 40
234 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Frost and Shadow walked away, Iris and Rhea both went for a stroll. 

 

The two walked hand in hand when Iris noticed something odd. She blinks a few times.

 

Did she see wrong?

 

“Is there something?” Rhea stops as well. 

 

“Your hair… it’s changing color.” 

 

From the original light gray, there were a few strands of black mixed inside. 

 

Rhea shrugged as if she didn’t really care. “It’s normal.” 

 

“If you say so.” Since she didn’t seem to care, Iris stopped bothering about it as well. She took a step forward and led Rhea along. There wasn’t any aim, and they were just walking around casually. 

 

Iris began to think back about last night. Before the two’s sweet time together. Though, it was a little hard for her to recall it without being distracted. 

 

Rhea was telling her about abilities. From her explanation, the fragments she received from Aelis, Frost, and Shadow were corrupted fragments. Her powers had purified it… not only this, she needed to extract the fragments from herself.

 

Basically, Rhea was going to help swap her fragments.

 

Iris let out a sigh. Yesterday, Rhea had passed her one of the fragments. Which means there was one more she needed to pass over. Afterwards, she would help her relegate the fragments, replacing the corrupted fragments inside of her. 

 

Thinking about how Rhea was going to eat her, Iris couldn’t help but throb in anticipation.

 

“I’ll help you relegate your energy.” If she let Iris alone, she would become a calamity. If that happens then everything she did would be meaningless. 

 

“Nn.” The two went over to a clearing where Rhea took out a futon. The two sat on it, with Iris being in Rhea’s arms, her back facing her. 

 

Iris shifted herself a bit so she could feel more snug, while Rhea leaned forward while hugging the girl tightly.

 

After the two made themselves comfortable, Rhea then began to use her senses to enter Iris’ body. Inside of an empty space, there was a core. Two of the fragments were embedded onto it, while a dark mist circled around. 

 

At the same time, there was another fragment, one filled with green energy. 

 

Seeing Iris’ soul, Rhea let out a sigh before carefully controlling the fragment over. When it clashed with one of them, Iris felt a shake.

 

Right now, Iris felt a bit complicated. It felt like someone was changing her gears.

 

It didn’t feel painful, however, it did feel a bit ticklish. The feeling came from deep inside her.

 

The process was extremely slow, and Rhea only finished when the sky was turning dark. The green energy turned faint from purifying Iris’ powers.

 

When Rhea opened her eyes, Iris had already fallen asleep. She buried her face in her hair before carrying the girl back into the van.

 

Like this half a month passed, and Rhea had successfully removed the two corrupted fragments from Iris. The kitsune didn’t appear one bit different from before, she sat in front of Rhea while listening to her talk.

 

“Fragments are split into groups as well. The elemental ones you currently possess can be considered heavenly fragments. While the reversal ability that I have is a transcended fragment.”

 

“What about your vine?”

 

“That's… a 3rd type I guess. An inborn fragment. It doesn’t have a specific name. Anyways, what matter is the inborn as well as transcended fragments. Those are what’s known as a divine spark, or divinity in a sense. If you want to evolve, you need a divinity to continue growing your tail.”

 

Iris stuck her tongue out. Her system had stopped working. However, she strangely didn’t feel one bit resentful against Rhea. 

 

Was this what was called a rose tinted lense?

 

She often wondered. Since she already bet on her, she could only go all the way. 

 

Iris let out a yawn. “Rhea… is it really okay? I feel tired recently.” She was a little worried about Rhea.

 

“Nn.” Unlike Iris who seemed to remain the same, Rhea’s hair had turned completely black. “It’s because of my other half.” She scooted over and threw herself onto Iris. 

 

With a startled scream, Iris fell backwards with her onto the bedding. “You’re sleepy right? It’s okay, according to my other half, you’re just awakening.”

 

Inside of Iris, there was a bundle of divine energy. With it, she could use it to regain her divinity.

 

“Nn.”

 

Unable to resist her heavy eyelids, Iris quickly fell asleep. 

 

Rhea looked at the girl’s sleeping face. Truth be told, she felt exhausted as well. The information her other self left her was too vast. 

 

In fact, even she herself was worried. Would everything work out in the end? 

 

Even though everything was going as planned, there was always a shadow that shrouded her heart. So much so that she felt hesitant.

 

Hello.... I know this is probably confusing, but its going to take more than just 1 or 2 chapters to explain everything. Please be patient.

4