Ch.7 Leaving home
543 14 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The plan of leaving this place, I really don’t like staying in one place. But what way should I go? There are two choices, go where the dungeoneers went or go through the left pathway?” (Basil pondered.)

“No. I can’t go where the dungeoneers went, there might be stairs to go to the next floor like in the games I played as a kid.” (Basil pondered, he paused to think.)

...

...

...

“Also being a brick means I wouldn’t even be able to climb the stairs, so it would be a big waste of time to follow the dungeoneers. The left side seems like the only answer because even if there were stairs they would most likely be leading down, which means I could just fall down them. . . Welp it seems I’m stuck going left.” (Basil thought.)

 

“Please work.” (Basil prayed before thinking about vibrating.)

...

...

Basil’s body began to vibrate. He began to move, but he wasn’t able to control where he went. Basil just went with it and allowed himself to vibrate for a little bit more to see where he would go.

 

Basil ended up only moving a little bit away from the wall where he was placed by Darihr. The bad thing was after moving away from the wall he stuck moving in a circular motion.

 

“I-I-I-I I MOVED! Man I’m such a genius hehehehe! *mental cough* I will pretend I didn’t do that. Now i gotta stop vibrating, dear brick god’s help me to stop vibrating.” (Basil thought, while joy flowed through his cold stone body.)

 

“Stop vibrating. Stop vibrating. Stop vibrating. Stop vibrating!” (Basil thought over and over.)

 

After thinking that Basil’s body stopped vibrating.

 

“I’m the best *mental cough* I meant. Yes! I stopped on command.” (Basil thought, while totally failing to hide his cocky nature.)

 

“But this won’t work if everytime I start to vibrate I move in a circl- Wait! what if i only focus on vibrating one half of my body at a time, even if it doesn’t work its worth a shot.” (Basil thought.)

 

“Well let's start with my right side.” (Basil thought)

 

Basil's right side of his brick body began to vibrate, his right side began to slowly move slightly forward. After Basil stopped vibrating he finally noticed he was facing the left side of the room.

 

“This is good. It’s slow. . . like really fucking slow, but its better than nothing. Now let's do the left side of my brick-ness.” (Basil thought, with joy.)

 

Basil continued his motion of vibrating his right side then left side, slowly but surely he got closer to the left passageway.

 

“This is progress. Now I can go anywhere. . . Well as long as it's a flat piece of land. It seems stairs are going to be my archenemy.” (Basil said to himself.)

(After an unknown amount of time passed)

Basil finally got in front of the left pathway. The ticket to lead deeper into the dungeon. . . He hoped.

 

 Basil began to feel that once he goes through the left pathway he will be taking a step in his new life as a brick.

 

“After this last “step” I will finally be reborn into this strange, strange, and twisted joke of a life. It still really shitty to be a brick.” (Basil grumbled to himself, but hidden under that grumble was a glimmer of happiness.)

 

Before Basil did his last rotation of vibrating he turned his view with {Soul Vision} to look back to see how far he had comed.

 

“Welp, it feels like I’m leaving my old life behind after I leave this room. Well lets hope my new life is funner than my past life that I've partially forgotten.” (Basil said to himself before leaving the Enchanting room.)

 

[Basil vibrating]

 

Basil heard two dinging sounds go off in his head right after he left the Enchanting room.

New titles gained
A brick that wants to move
You are a brick that wants to move around freely not stay around like you’re fellow brethren, even if it might take you years to do so, you still have the will to move.
Hidden Blessing: +2 str, allows more precise movements with users body

 

“My hard work paid off, but will this even work with my vibrating?” (Basil questioned.)

Dungeon explorer 
You have decided to explore the dungeon instead of staying still and living a peaceful life.
Hidden Blessing: Skill gained- Dungeon map

“Ewww, coool. Let’s check out what it does.” (Basil thought.)

{Statues}

Dungeon map
Rank: D

allows the user to see a mental map within their head, on where they have already explored in the dungeon. The quality of the mental map will depend on users Int stat.

Active
Note: “I won't ever get lost again since I have a map” The first explorer

 

“Ah that will be useful while exploring the dungeon, and I can turn the mental map on and off since it’s a active. Pretty sure active means that.” (Basil thought.)

 

Basil continued to move his way down the left pathway for some time. Till.

 

[someone walking]

 

Gobu? (???)

 

“Wait what’s picking me up” (Basil slightly panicked, while moving his sight to face upwards.)

 

“It looks human-ish but its eyes, nose, and ears are a little too pointy. . . It’s a Goblin, but it doesn’t look like a normal goblin but hey I’m a brick. But why is it picking me up? Wait this is a chance to get exp and I just got my ignite skill and my mana is at seven. . . Hehehehehehe.” (Basil chuckled, with a devilish smile on his face, well if he had a face.)

 

{Ignite}

 

Basil's brick body burst into flames. The goblin didn't have time to notice that he picked up something he shouldn’t have. 

 

Once the goblin finally noticed the intense heat coming from his right side it was too late its right hand was burnt to a crisp and its arm had some flesh falling off the its bone, it’s whole right arm was been burnt with extremely severe burns.

 

The charred goblin hand couldn’t hold the weight of Basil causing it to turn into dust. Basil fell to the ground slightly covered in the goblin dust.

 

The goblin tried to run, but it was too late, the goblin was covered in severe burns, all it could do was fall to the ground and squill. The goblin couldn’t feel the pain in its right arm because all the nerve endings in its right arm were burnt to a crisp.

 

“Hahaha you fool i am fire itself, my fire is hot enough to melt steel.” (Basil gloated, while filled with joy.)

 

[Goblin squilled for help]

 

“I should go. Nothing can survive those types of burns, and I don’t need to watch the goblin die to get exp.” (Basil thought, with barely any remorse for the dying goblin.)

 

Basil left the dying goblin to continue his trip down the left pathway. Then after sometime he heard ding go off in his head.

 

“Time for my reward!” (Basil thought.)

Slain Rank G Lv.5 Tunnel Goblin 
Giving exp to user based on rank and level of monster calculating . . .
89 exp given. Splitting between main body and body
12 exp given to main body. 77 exp given to body
Body leveled up from Lv.3 ⇒ Lv.4
Max durability 20⇒ 25, +1 int, +1 str

“Wait what happens when I reach max level, do I stay Lv.5 forever or evolve like the games. I hope I can evolve because I don’t wanna be a brick forever.” (Basil thought.)

Was the chapter easy to read. And do you like it in this style
  • Yes Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don’t really care. More Votes: 5 20.8%
  • More Votes: 3 12.5%
Total voters: 24
10