31. Soaring Dragon (III)
722 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sister Yuan Yue, what is going on?" Approaching the group, he stared daggers at the association members.

"Hum? Oh, it's you, Yueshi." She seemed surprised for a moment, before telling him what had happened.

While she spoke, those guys glanced at him with clear disdain, as if his intervention did not mean anything. They probably recognized him as the top-ranked new disciple, however, in their minds, it meant nothing – he was but a newcomer, after all.

"Here I was, thinking they were someone great…" Yueshi spoke aloud, smirking. "But they are just a bunch of stray dogs." His words were laced in disdain and arrogance, and as he looked toward them, it was clear, for all to see, that he was looking down on them.

Arrogant people could not withstand being treated with arrogance. They were hypocritical to their core, after all. Because of that, hearing Yueshi's words, a vein bulged in the head of the one that seemed to be the leader of the group.

"Brat, do you want me to teach you a lesson?" Speaking coldly the man stepped forward, cracking his knuckles.

"What? Dogs are allowed to teach humans now?" However, Yueshi was not bothered by the clear threat on his words.

The people had already formed a circle around them, murmuring and whispering. However, no one planned to get involved, rather than that, they took the stance of watching a good show. For those people, Yueshi and the others were just strangers, so why would they intervene?

Suddenly, from amidst the crowd, a big figure walked out. It was Gao Xiongli, the man that had invited Yueshi earlier, only to be refused. Yueshi glanced at him before glaring at the opposite group again, not bothering with the man.

To his surprise, however, those people immediately turned toward the tall and imposing young man and bowed. "Greetings, leader!" Shouting, they put one fist against their palm and took a deferential stance in front of him.

'Haha, it seems that we are fated to clash!' Thinking about his earlier interaction with the man, Yueshi smirked. It was as if some almighty force was planning for that to happen.

"Rong Yueshi, are you really going to go against the Heavens Will Association?" The earlier refusal had already annoyed him, yet, just as he arrived at their stand, he found the boy clashing against his men.

"What Heavens Will?" Yueshi looked at him dumbly. For a second, Gao Xiongli looked at him with a doubtful face. His following words, however, made his mountain-like frame tremble in rage. "I thought it was Mutts Association." Laughing, Yueshi looked into his eyes.

Their gazes interlocked and sparks seemed to fly between them, both angered by the other's attitude and none of them willing to back down.

"Do you think you can cultivate peacefully after going against Heavens Will?" Gao Xiongli spoke coldly. "No association will accept you after your actions today!" At his words, several people in the audience nodded in agreement.

"If they are afraid of a bunch of puppies, then I don't need them and they are not worthy of me." Yueshi did not back down and stared back at him. "Only the best of the best can accommodate me, only the best of the best can fight by my side and only the best of the best can move my heart!"

His words echoed far and wide, concise and confident, they washed over people like waves. It was as if a fight with the Heavens Will Association was not enough and he wanted, instead, to fight against the whole outer court.

At the same time, the meaning of his words was clear to Gao Xiongli – in Yueshi's eyes, the Heavens' Will was lacking, and that was why he refused them! Such affront from a newcomer was a first, as only the top associations would dare to offend the Heavens' Will!

"Good, good, good!" Suddenly, a clapping sound echoed as someone in the audience laughed boisterously, seeming extremely pleased with Yueshi's actions.

As the people turned to see who it was, they saw a handsome, white-robed youth. His pupils were bloody red, and just from him standing there Yueshi felt suppressed. At the same time, the audience exploded into whispers, while Gao Xiongli gawked.

"You said no one would accept him after today?" The youth looked toward Gao Xiongli with a funny expression. "I, as the head of the Starlight Association, am willing to accommodate you in our humble alliance. I hope junior brother is willing to recognize us!" In an easy-going tone, he smiled toward Yueshi.

At his words, the crowd immediately burst into excited cries and screams. The Starlight Association was the top association in the outer court, and it wasn't just recruiting Yueshi, but was also willing to offend the second-ranked association just for him!

"Bai Yuanzhi... and here I was, thinking I would be able to invite him first." Suddenly, a pleasant voice sounded as a woman walked out of the crowd.

"Junior brother, the Rising Phoenix Association would also like to work with you. So why don't we find a place where we can chat?"

Immediately, the crowd was left with jaws agape. First, it was Bai Yuanzhi inviting him to the Starlight Association. Now, he was being invited to the Rising Phoenix Association, the third-ranked association.

People couldn't understand what was so attractive about Yueshi that two big shots wanted him, and could only stare at the person in question with deep envy and jealousy.

Gao Xiongli could only stare in silence. Both people were association heads and were not people he could offend. Yet, just the thought of letting Yueshi go like that made his stomach churn.

"We'd also like to invite little sister Xuehua, and little sister Yuan Yue. After all, our Rising Phoenix Association is always open to beautiful and talented women." The lady spoke again, smiling.

"Hey, I was going to invite them first. How can you do that, Sister Fenghuang?" Despite his words, Bai Yuanzhi seemed to not mind it in the least.

Yueshi, the reason why things had turned like this, could only stand still and stare dumbly at the older disciples. He had never expected those two would show up to invite him out of nowhere, and as a consequence, even his anger dismissed a bit because of the confusion.

"It seems the dog stopped barking", after sending a last glance toward Gao Xiongli, he looked toward the other two. "Senior Brother, Senior Sister, I am honored by your invitations and would like to hear more about it." Seeing the two looking at him, Yueshi put on a polite smile.

Then, under the watchful eyes of the crowd, and the frigid gaze of Gao Xiongli, the group left. Xuehua, Yueshi, and Yuan Yue supported the other three, not bothering anymore with the people from the Heavens Will Association.

However, the matters of today would be remembered by both sides, and conflicts were bound to arise between them in the future.

--- - -

Lying on his bed, Yueshi was lost in thoughts. After he left with his two seniors, Wu Feng and the other excused themselves and left. It was clear as day that they did not want to bother Yueshi and the others and weigh them down.

Afterward, the five of them spent a long time chatting.

Yueshi found out that Bai Yuanzhi was prideful to the bones; he was confident in himself and was also the strongest outer court disciple. However, he was as playful as he was prideful, and because of that, chatting with him was easy and enjoyable.

His other senior, Yu Fenghuang, was charming, mesmerizing, and extremely eloquent. She always knew what to say to make people comfortable, moreover, she seemed to be a good person. Above all, she did not praise people just for the sake of doing it, and when she did, she was being honest.

There were also the benefits they offered if he joined them.

The Starlight Association was offering a monthly wage of three thousand contribution points, plus a weapon of choice and a manual from the second floor once he joined them. Just as the Heavens' Will had offered, he would also receive a bonus to his wage depending on his development and how much he helped the association.

Moreover, the association frequently organized sparring sessions where the seniors would give pointers to their juniors, and even the top members of the association would participate – including Bai Yuanzhi.

Because of that, they scored a few points with Yueshi; unfortunately, they also paid a lot of attention to hierarchy. The association was divided into ten teams, and once he entered he would be part of one of them and would need to follow orders.

Bai Yuanzhi also told him that not everyone was as nice and easygoing as him. Which was counterproductive, but made Yueshi's opinion of him raise by a few points.

However, thinking about all the benefits and how they were much friendlier in their approach than the Heavens' Will, Yueshi was not really against joining them.

The Rising Phoenix Association also offered similar benefits, though their monthly payment was just two thousand, and instead of a weapon of choice and a manual from the second floor, they would pay for a manual from the third floor for him – what picked his interest.

They also offered greater freedom, since the members would form teams on their own when they had tasks, deciding a leader for the team only when they left for a mission.

Yu Fenghuang only took the position of commander when it was necessary and in large-scale missions.

However, despite all the benefits and their friendly attitude, Yueshi was still not sure. He felt both associations were great, but he did not feel too keen on joining any of them. It was as if something inside of him was telling him he did not belong there.

'Well, at worst I will just form an association on my own', joking, he closed his eyes. He had great ambitions and there were many things he wanted to do in the future, so forming an association was not that bad of an idea.

'I will talk with the others later.' he wanted to know what the others were thinking, particularly so his sister.

If the group from the Flying Snow Dojo was willing to accompany him, he would be more than willing to form a group with them.

Some people would think of that as stupidity, but, just like the elder had said in just a few days ago: his path was his to walk, and his choices may not be the most practical; but, with friends, he would be alone in his walk, but not lonely.

A place where he could make such bounds… that was the association he wanted to belong to.

Was it because back then he only had his mother? Yueshi was not sure. But the bounds he formed with Xuehua, Yuan Yue, Wu Feng, and the other disciples of the Flying Snow Dojo were something he treasured.

Closing his eyes, Yueshi decided to rest. He hadn't trained today, but, for some reason, he felt more tired than usual.

--- - -

During breakfast, Yueshi was surprised once more by Yuan Yue's presence. It seemed that, after yesterday's events, she had slept over at Xuehua's place once again.

Yueshi could only shake his head, thinking that maybe, soon, the two girls would be living together – what was not that bad if he thought about it.

"What are your thoughts about the two associations?" After they ate, he asked them.

"Both are good, but…" Yuan Yue was the first to open her mouth, however, she hesitated a bit. "Well, if the others can't join, I am not going to join too." It was clear that she was talking about the other disciples from the dojo.

Yueshi nodded at her answer, thinking it fit her personality.

Yuan Yue was playful most of the time, but when it came to people she was close to, she was extremely protective of them. Moreover, she had known the other disciples for years, and their friendship had been forged to be more resistant than steel.

"I don't think I will fit in." Xuehua's answer was simple and direct, however, Yueshi could more or less understand.

The path he walked was one of a tyrant wanting to stand above the heavens – he was prideful and ambitious. Xuehua's path was a slow winding one – she was peaceful and calm and walked her path without worrying about its destination.

To her, the walk was more important, and experiencing the wonders of the road without limiting her destiny was far more pleasurable than planning and hurrying ahead.

Most geniuses had great plans for the future and wanted to topple all the others, proving themselves to be the best. Both associations were full of such people, so Xuehua felt it was not the right place for her.

Above all, she wasn't that concerned about joining an association.

Smiling, Yueshi finally told them his plans. "Well, I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to create our own, little place."

Both girls took a while to understand what he meant, before exchanging glances and smiling. Right, if other associations did not fit them, they could just make one! If they controlled it, they could shape it as they wanted.

"I guess both seniors will be dumbfounded." Yuan Yue laughed in glee, to which Yueshi answered with another laugh.

"Not only them. After all the commotion yesterday, everyone will be surprised." He could even imagine their reactions after hearing the three rejected two of the top three associations.

"You two…" Xuehua could only shake her head, gently smiling.

The two seemed so gleeful at the chaos their actions would make that she didn't even know what to say. Not that it mattered, really; she felt that, if they stood together, they would be able to deal with any consequences.

Yo! Here we are again! Hope you have enjoyed and please support the story if you can '3'~♥

I was going to make this note bigger and talk about a few things, but I am in a hurry right now ('cuz I was so imersed in writting that I almost forgot to post)... That said, see you tomorrow for more! Bye!

21