32. Soaring Dragon (IV)
767 11 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in his own room inside a mansion, Bai Yuanzhi was drinking wine in the company of a few girls. Some massaged his shoulders, others his legs and feet. There was also one sitting on his lap as they kissed slowly.

“Master, there is news from the Rong siblings and Yuan Yue.” Suddenly, a maid entered the room.

“Hm. Go on and tell me.” He asked after interrupting the slow, passionate kiss.

"They thanked you for your offer, but said they did not want to join the Starlight Association." Hearing her words he nodded, thinking they must have joined the Raising Phoenix Association then. "Young master, they decided to create their own association, and promised to pay you back in the future for your help." Such words left him gawking for a while.

“Interesting, truly interesting”, laughing, Yuanzhi told the maid she could leave. He was not sure of what led to such a choice, but he truly wanted to see it – would his junior disciples soar in the sky or have their wings clipped instead?«

Yu Fenghuang had a similar reaction after hearing such news. Encircled by her fellow association members, she smiled thinking that those three were really a bunch of troublemakers. They knew that chaos would issue from the choice they made today, and yet, they still decided to go with it.

The Heavens' Will Association would surely act against them since they would not be joining any strong association, and they were absolutely aware of that.

'Well, I hope we can work together in the future.' Since there was nothing more she could do, Fenghuang could only wish them the best.

Just like the two big shots reacted with shock and surprise, so did the rest of the world.

Yueshi’s decision soon became a hot topic amongst disciples and many were curious about what they were planning and thinking – saying it was impossible to compete against the Heavens Will

The bunch from the Flying Snow Dojo, however, was not concerned with that. First, they trusted Yueshi, and two, they had already offended the Heavens' Will anyway and would have to eventually face off against them.

Why not just challenge them straight on, then?

Like that, after settling what had to be settled with the outer court's elders, they successfully formed their association.

The Soaring Dragon Association.

Yueshi had to admit that the name was not the best, but Yuan Yue and his sister insisted on him being the one naming it.

Obviously, with the association’s creation, there were a few things they had to do – like making plans for the future and recruiting new members. Their troubles were only starting, and a storm was also approaching.

However, despite all the challenges the group, was truly happy, chatting and eating together while laughing boisterously.

“Brother Yueshi, I’ve to say that you are the most amazing guy I have ever met”, with his face red from drinking wine, Wu Feng lifted his cup. “I must toast you, and I promise I will follow you to the ends of the Earth. The debt I owe you cannot be easily paid back, so I hope this humble life of mine is enough for it!”

Usually, Wu Feng was not this talkative, however, under the effect of the alcohol he became quite a good speaker. At his words, the other disciples also nodded, making their intentions clear.

“We cultivate so that we can change our fates, so how can we be afraid of a little Heavens Will Association?” Another guy spoke up. “I am not talented, and by far I am not handsome… but if Brother Yueshi has any use for me, please say it and I will accomplish!”

“Right! We are lacking quite a bit in many areas, but we at least have guts!” Laughing boisterously, another member shouted.

Yueshi looked while wearing a genuinely happy grin “Haha, there is no need to think this much about it. We are siblings from now on, and we shall support each other no matter what happens”, also lifting his cup he continued, “Because only people like you are worthy to meet!”

The atmosphere was happy and harmonious as everyone made vows of brotherhood. Although they were intoxicated by the alcohol,  their words came from the heart. Thankfully, the girls remained a bit more reserved.

Well, most of them.

"Right, right! If anyone dares to mess with you all, I shall punch them for you!" In the middle of the men, Yuan Yue spoke aloud, her face flushed into a deep shade of red.

Xuehua watched the scene with a warm smile, drinking her oolong tea. The path of cultivation was not an easy one, and there were many hurdles to face… but moments like this one made it worth it and everything else.

They did not care if this was the calm before the storm, because they knew, for sure, that whatever may happen in the future, they will not regret their choices today!

Unfortunately for Yueshi and the others, despite having formed an association, there weren't many things for them to do as one.

They knew that all associations received a certain amount of contribution points every month from the sect as patronage – the amount varying depending on their strength as an association.

However, as a bunch of newcomers, it was hard for them to increase the Soaring Dragon Association's rank, after all, this could only be done by taking tasks and participating in certain events hosted by the sect.

If the members completed a lot of tasks their rank would increase, however, as newcomers, they were focused - and did good on doing so - on increasing their strength right now, that being so, they could not waste their time on that.

With that said, today Yueshi had finally decided to visit the Thousand Deities Refining Pagoda and test how great it was.

After standing in front of it for a while, he forced its enormous iron doors open and finally entered the strange training ground.

He couldn’t see anything inside, as if the entire world was made out of darkness; at the same time, he also felt that he had walked into a completely different space.

“Disciple Rong Yueshi, please chose your enemy.” Suddenly an androgynous voice sounded out.

‘Is this the pagoda’s spirit?’ Some treasures developed sentience because of several motives.

The Thousand Deities Refining Pagoda had been left behind by the sect's ancestor and founder and had been obtained by him in an ancestral ruin. With how ancient it was, it wasn't surprising it had a spirit.

“Third stage of the Body Refinement Realm and the second realm of martial arts.” His words echoed in the void.

The Thousand Deities Refining Pagoda could create the image of cultivators that had fought inside of it in the past, allowing the new generation to face old to a certain degree.

Moreover, with it having been made in ancient times, the number of fighters it could recreate was unimaginable.

From the first stage to the tenth stage of the Body Refinement Realm, and from the first realm of martial arts to the third or even fourth, it had registered many fighters with all sorts of abilities and strengths.

"Your opponent has been chosen - Northern Wang's Third Prince, Wang Xiaofei. For the third stage of the Body Refinement Realm, thirty contribution points will be charged; for the second realm of martial arts, fifty contribution points will be charged." The same voice sounded again.

Yueshi merely nodded and, a moment later, he felt a strange power envelop him. His wristband shook for a moment before turning back to normal, and Yueshi knew that the pagoda’s spirit had registered everything on it.

Then, the world around him changed. Cracked earth seemed to form under his feet and he could see bodies of soldiers laying everywhere in what seemed like a battlefield.

Two banners were hoisted high a dozen or so meters away from him – one was a bright red flag with the image of a lion roaring, and the other was deep blue, with the image of a three-headed wolf.

He did not have the time to pay too much attention to that, though. Most of his attention was soon drawn in by the appearance of someone walking from the middle of the endless bodies.

The person was dressed in elegant and comfortable red robes with details in gold, had a handsome appearance, and dirty-blond hair that looked like a mane.

He knew this was his opponent, the so-called Northern Wang's Third Prince, Wang Xiaofei. Taking his time, he observed his sparring partner, noticing he was carrying a saber in his hand and that he did not look much older than him.

Yueshi was sure this young man had been a genius of his era, but as time passed, he disappeared in the rivers of time together with his homeland and heroic deeds.

It made him wonder about the inevitability of death for a moment. But soon, he shook his head and forgot that. He did not have time to waste on such thoughts.

Just as he stepped forward, Wang Xiaofei’s incarnation also moved.

The difference between their strengths was made clear in their first exchange.

Yueshi was fast, however, compared with his opponent, he was lacking quite a bit. The other teenager’s footwork was steady but light, and he did not make any unnecessary movements; as he charged toward Yueshi, he seemed to be flying, advancing at an insane speed.

Once the distance between them had been shortened, Yueshi’s spear thrust forward spinning as it advanced – the centrifugal force increasing its penetrating power and speed. However, as if slapping a fly away, Wang Xiaofei moved his wrist, his saber slashing out in a smooth movement.

The blade made an arch in the air as it hit the spearhead and deflected it away; then, with light steps, the youth closed in before Yueshi could react.

Like a flowing river, his movements were harmonious and well connected, leaving one to stare agape at his grace.

His blade slashed forth toward Yueshi’s neck, a cold light trailing behind the powerful saber. Without a choice, Yueshi forcefully swiped out his spear. His movement lacked power because it was made in a hurry, and because of that, without even stopping his slash, Wang Xiaofei merely lowered his stance.

A clear and crisp sound echoed in Yueshi’s ears as his spear’s shaft came into contact with the saber’s sheat.

Clenching his teeth, Yueshi tried to jump back to gain distance and prepare another strike, however, there was no way his opponent would leave him alone.

“Ten thousand blades blossom.” However, despite his dodging maneuver, Xiaofei’s blade still reached him. Yueshi saw with his own eyes the slashing motion make an impossible transitioning and become a thrust before piercing his shoulder.

Holding back a grunt of pain, he jumped backward again, knowing that any mistake could lead to his defeat and demise. Even if it was not a permanent death, he was not willing to be defeated just like that.

“Man and spear as one! One point of extremity carves an everlasting path to heavens!” Having gained enough distance, he immediately thrust forth with his spear.

Wang Xiaofei frowned for a moment, feeling as if the world around him had become smaller. It was as if he was standing on a small road and could not move anywhere but ahead.

This was the result of Yueshi's continuous training; he was not able to reach the next realm in his martial arts, but his comprehension of the spear had increased several fold after fighting and exchanging thoughts with Tian Tian.

“Man and Saber as One! Ten thousand slashes unseam the fabric of reality!” However, despite his movements being restricted, the young man did not stay quiet

His saber slashed toward Yueshi once more, and, in front of Yueshi eyes, the blade divided itself – like a tree that blossomed with many flowers, a single saber turned into uncountable attacks.

Yueshi’s spear attack was powerful and domineering, while Xiaofei’s slash was fast and brutal. In a mere instant, thousands of slashes seemed to be sent out, and, despite the great momentum of Yueshi's spear, it was eventually stopped in its track.

However, Xiaofei was not done yet.

Do you ever look back to something you wrote, and feel like you could have done way better than you actually did? I do. Honestly, I always feel that there is something chaotic about how I wrote most of what I have stocked. I still enjoy it, though, and love the story dearly. Me aside, I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter and if you can, please support the story be reviewing or adding it your reading list. Any support is welcome.

On a side note: if anyone is wondering when there will be smut once again, I believe it is in 10 or so chapters. That said, I am planning to write another extra soon, so, please comment what sort of smut you'd like to read? Because extras are not canon, feel free to be as kinky as you want~ (no NTR, though). Walkies? Cuddles? Exhbitionism? Name it!

That aside, let's talk about martial arts. I don't fucking remember what I was thinking when I opted for such a path, really. I do remember that I was inspired by both LoRG and Lord Xue Ying, and that is why I chose a spear instead of any other weapon. And being honest, 300.000 words in, I am having a headache coming up with new moves '3'.

Last but not least, do anyone remember that I promised to read and answer the comments? Sorry, I couldn't do it. Still zero confidence. BUT, I will be reading and answering them, starting today, everyday. I will not look at past chapters for now, though. I will not let them accumulate anymore, so, when I post the next chapter, I will come look at this chapter's comments - and so on and so forth.

Well, let's wrap this up! Bye and see you tomorrow for more! '3'~♥

20