33. Soaring Dragon (V)
729 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Saber and Heart as One! One blade cuts through ten thousand domains!" A powerful aura was released from his body as he swung his saber, the blade flashing in a cold and brutal light. The air trembled and screeched, and even the qi in the atmosphere was split apart by this single move!

Instinctively, Yueshi knew that this was the end of his struggles. He was too weak to confront such an opponent right now. Wang Xiaofei was in the same realm as him, but both in martial arts comprehension and fighting experience he was leagues above him.

The blade cut through his neck as if cutting through tofu. There was not even a single ounce of resistance and even blood took a while to splash out. Before he could even process it, Yueshi saw the whole world turn black, darkness descending once more.

“Disciple Rong Yueshi has lost. Do you want to challenge Wang Xiaofei again, or do you want to find a new opponent?”

Hearing the spirit’s voice Yueshi sighed. However, he felt that he had touched upon something during the previous battle.

Knowing that fighting against that young man would help in his training, Yueshi immediately chose to challenge him again, which led him to have another eighty points deducted from his total amount.

He was almost broken by now.

--- - -

While Yueshi was focused on his training, in the outside world the two girls - Xuehua and Yuan Yue - were entertaining a few unexpected guests.

Honestly, the two did not even know how things had reached the point where they were at now.

Sitting side by side, the two observed the people sitting around the table in Xuehua’s house.

Directly across from them there was an aloof beauty with clear and fierce eyes. It was none other than Ling Tian Tian, with whom Yueshi had spared and exchanged pointers during the outer disciple examination.

To her side, there was a pale-skinned youth, apparently lost into his thoughts. The two could not help but note that he looked extremely sick – not only was his black hair a complete mess, but his skin tone was unnatural.

This was an acquaintance of Yuan Yue, in more ways than one. He was a member of the Xiao Family from Flying Snow City, and apparently, the poison that had afflicted Yuan Yue was related to him and his master. According to Yuan Yue, his name was Xiao Yao.

Sitting on one side of the table were another two girls of uncanny resemblance – the Qing twins, Yuyi and Yueli. One was smiling cheerfully and the other leering at everyone as if analyzing them. Moreover, to the side of the younger twin, there was an average-looking, bulky male – the winner of the second round of the examination, Mu Baiyun.

There were also two unknown people sitting at the other side of the table.

“So, you are saying you want to join the Soaring Dragon Association?” Yuan Yue asked with a doubtful voice. She had heard it from them already, but she could not understand their choice.

However, seeing then all nod, she had to accept it – the world had gone crazy!

As much as she disliked Ling Tian Tian, she was sure the other had been invited by the best associations, yet, she was here, wanting to join their newly founded Soaring Dragon Association, and the same went for the others, even if they were not as talented.

Well, chances were that the oddball, Xiao Yao, had received even more proposals. As much as he lacked in the combat department, he was still a poison master and apprentice alchemist, although his achievements in the first eclipsed his achievement in the latter.

There was no doubt that the big associations had a hold of that information already, so he’d be valued wherever he went.

Yet... ah, dam it, the world had truly gone crazy.

"Can you at least tell us why do you want to join our association?" Still doubtful, and with less enthusiasm than usual, Yuan Yue spoke while Xuehua observed everything.

"Because I want." The first to speak was Ling Tian Tian, her reply short, overbearing, and rude. Well, that was just like her.

"The other associations can offer me great support in my studies, but they can't offer me anything my master cannot give me." Then, it was Xiao Yao's turn to speak. "I know you all from Flying Snow City, moreover, I am sure of your character and that you all will not wring me dry for the benefit of the association." His words were logical and easier to accept, making Yuan Yue nod in understanding.

Alchemy masters were respected figures since they could concoct all types of pills, and poison masters were also looked at with awe. However, a newcomer was still a newcomer, and many still looked down on non-combatants.

"For me, it's all about the room for growth." Mu Baiyun spoke softly. "The other associations have been standing tall for a long time, and have already exhausted their potential." He then glanced at Ling Tian Tian.

"At first, I was not going to join. But with the Rong siblings, plus Ling Tian Tian, I am sure that this association can overcome the top ten and stand at the top." Many would laugh at his words; however, having witnessed the battle in the examination, he had confidence in what he said.

Yuan Yue merely nodded before gazing at the two twins.

"Well, we are interested in Brother Yueshi." The younger one spoke while smiling mischievously. "Don't you agree that he looked gorgeously manly when confronting those guys from the Heavens' Will?" Placing her palms against her cheeks, the young girl leaned against the table, appearing to be daydreaming.

Her twin sister could only shake her head, before speaking. "We can see from the way that you defended those guys that you are good people. And while resources are important, people whom you can trust and rely on are far more relevant." Apparently, that was the biggest motive.

Yuan Yue could only shake her head at the younger sibling, before nodding toward the older one. Lastly, the two strangers spoke up.

"I am Bei Lao, and this lass here is Jiang Yao, and we are here to represent our few friends." One of them, a friendly-looking young man, spoke. "We have been impressed by Brother Yueshi's actions and fearlessness, and would like to join you." He then hesitated for a moment…

However, before he could speak, his partner interrupted. "Our talent is merely so-so, so there aren't a lot of associations willing to accept us, while those that are don't have a good reputation." Her voice was soft and carried a bit of self-derision. "Knowing that the people from the Soaring Dragon Association have good hearts, and aren't going to mistreat us, we decided to try our luck."

Yuan Yue sighed and rubbed her eyes, this was a lot to cope with. First of all, there was that Ling Tian Tian, who never bothered with others before; she seemed sincere in wanting to join, and Yuan Yue felt the urge to just refuse her.

However, it was obvious that accepting her would help the association grow, so she could not decide it alone.

Suddenly, she felt a hand patting her head. Looking to the side, she saw Xuehua smiling, telling her that she did not have to worry too much – whatever her choice was, she would support her.

'And Shi'er too…' Yuan Yue could even read such a message in her clear and bright eyes.

'Well, I feel that it is not that strange that Yueshi likes his big sister so much.' Xuehua's actions seemed to calm her down and clear her mind.

“Very well, then. If you want to join our Soaring Dragon Association, we will accept you. However, do note that in this association, we are more than just partners or colleagues, but friends. If…” She directed her eyes at Ling Tian Tian, “anyone causes discord because of arrogance or pride, then that person will be immediately expelled. That goes for you all, and also for us!”

Hearing her words the others nodded, though Ling Tian Tian had a clear frown on her face. However, thinking about the motive that led her here, she held back her temper.

Little did people know that on such a typical day, the ascension of a new power in the outer court was starting.

--- - -

After a long time, Yueshi finally left the Thousand Deities Refining Pagoda, his expression was tired, but his eyes also glowed brightly at the same time.

He could completely understand why many disciples were willing to risk their lives for contribution points so that they could experience the marvelous battles inside the pagoda.

‘And this is merely one of the training grounds of the outer court!’ The inner court was even better, and there were also other training places to be used.

Thinking about his exchange with the Northern Wang’s Third Prince, Yueshi smiled gleefully. He was still a bit away from furthering his steps in the long road that was spear arts, nonetheless, the experiences of today would surely help him increase his battle power.

‘Maybe being beaten black and blue is the key element…’ Thinking about it, he had also learned a lot when his mentor, Mu Qiang, beat the hell out of him.

Thinking about the man, Yueshi was reminded of how impressive he was. After fighting the Third Prince, he now knew that Mu Qiang’s spear arts were at least at the third step. ‘No, chances are that he has walked even further than that.’

Unfortunately, he would not have the chance to meet the man for a while and since that was so, there was no use in thinking about the subject. Coming back to reality, he watched as other disciples entered the pagoda, its doors closing on their own after each of them set foot inside.

Since it was not yet night, Yueshi decided to train a bit more by the side of the river. That spot had become one of his favorite places in the entire outer court.

Arriving there, Yueshi breathed in heavily, smelling the scent of grass and flowers, feeling the soft caress of the breeze.

However, instead of activating the arrays on his spear, Yueshi sat below the tree with his legs crossed and eyes closed.

He had gained a lot of insights from the battles just now, and now it was time to devour them and learn.

How to better move his body, how to not waste movements, and so on… there were many things he did not know as he had never been taught or felt the need to learn, and now, having the knowledge and insights, it was time to find how to apply it in combat.

First, he would go through it on his mind once more, then, he would train his body so that it could move instinctively like that. Such a process, however, would take time. The habits he had acquired in the past could not easily be overwritten just because he wanted.

Meanwhile, back at Xuehua’s place.

After the guests ate their fill of Xuehua's food, praising it incessantly, the two girls saw them all out... Ling Tian Tian was as cold as always, and did not speak much; the others, however, were more friendly than her.

Just as they were bidding farewell, a deep voice echoed across the entire outer court, and like a powerful clap of thunder striking the earth, it made the world shake. Birds flew in the sky scared, and people covered their ears in pain.

“All disciples must immediately assemble at the Starry Sky Pavilion. Those that do not arrive in ten minutes will immediately be expelled from the sect!” As the cold voice boomed through the outer court, it left uncountable disciples shivering in fear.

Yuan Yue and the others exchanged glances, clearly confused. However, challenging such orders was not something they dared to do. Therefore, without wasting any more time, they moved out as a group.

When they were on their way, Bei Lao took out a black paper talisman from his robe and activated it. After muttering for a moment, he looked toward Yuan Yue. “I have told the others to meet us in front of the pavilion.”

Yuan Yue merely nodded before starting to wonder what the hell was going on.

However, her worries disappeared as fast as they came when she thought Yueshi would be there. She could just leave the problems to him – she was not the association head, and instead, she was 'just' vice leader, so she could rely on him as much as she wanted!

Well, that was the excuse she gave herself.

The fact was that, unconsciously, she was feeling that as long as Yueshi was there, then it was okay and he’d absolutely find a way – because as shameless as he was at times, he was still the most reliable person she knew.

I guess it is no mystery who will be in the next canon smut by now, right? '3'

That aside, one of the most awkward things to write is Yueshi and Xuehua's surname. Every time I write 'Rong' I feel that I am breaking the immersion and the flow of things. The fact I had a good reason to pick it doesn't change that, do it?

As a reminder, if you have any ideas about the next smut extra, please comment it below. I will be doing a poll soon to chose which one we will go with first~ and you can be as kinky as you wish in your interests, as long as there is no NTR involved!

And sorry for being late, something strange happened with the timezone thing and it became messier and messier when I tried to manually release the chapter '-'

Hope you have enjoyed, please leave a review if you can and see you tomorrow for more! Bye! '3'~♥

19