75. The Spread of Their Wings (III)
280 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since they were born Yueli and Yuyi had been supporting each other through thick and thin, and they could understand the other one with perfect accuracy.

Their thoughts were of no secret to the other, and a single glance was enough for them to comprehend what was going through the other’s mind.

In a few words, they were in a realm of perfect synchrony.

Standing in front of the two members of the Heavens Will Association, the girls seemed to be one in body and soul.

From their positioning to their breathing rhythm, and even the rate of their heartbeats, they were in complete harmony with one another.

Start!” Just as the judge gave the signal to start, Yueli disappeared from everyone’s vision, leaving only a blurry image behind.

Meanwhile, her sister marched forward with great speed, her sword generating sparks as its point ground against the floor, leading to a scraping sound.

The two members of the Heavens' Will exchanged glances; they were not as close as the twins, but they had fought many times together and against each other.

Thanks to that, they had a fairly good understanding of each other’s combat power and techniques.

As one of them retreated a few steps, the other jumped forward.

His sword was larger than the average, and after swirling it in the air for a moment, he stabbed it toward the stone pavement. With a ‘puchi’ sound, the sword pierced through the bricks with ease, surprising the crowd.

Everyone knew how hard the materials used to build the arena were, so they guessed he had activated some sort of array inscribed in his sword.

Heavens Upholding Pillar!” His voice echoed far as he cycled his internal qi, a ghostly image appearing behind his back.

As the ethereal, white image of a giant pillar appeared, a glass-like screen manifested itself around him and his partner.

This was one of the many defensive techniques on the second floor of the Cultivation Tower.

However, their plans had not ended.

From behind him, his partner took out a bow that had been strapped to his back and nocked an arrow – an instant later; the arrow flew while tearing the air on its way.

As it moved forward, it acquired a soft, bright glow, before resembling a silvery comet parting the sky in two!

Instead of the arrow crashing against the screen, it passed through it with ease as if it was not there.

Usually, when using this sort of barrier-like defensive technique, one would not be able to attack from the inside; it was only thanks to its user great control over the technique that it was made possible.

As the arrow flew by, one could see that a small hole had opened on the protective screen before closing once more.

Yuyi did not seem worried, however; meanwhile, Yueli was still nowhere to be seen.

No matter how much the two of them tried to find her, they failed on doing so. Cursing, they decided to just focus on the one rushing toward them like an idiot.

The archer continued to release arrows, some of them bursting forward like meteors while others flying in curves and taking unpredictable routes.

All the while, Yuyi continued to run toward them, as if she had not even seen the myriad arrows aiming to pierce her body and tear her flesh.

The arrows were released in such a way that they all reached her at the same moment, coming in from all directions.

However, just as they got close to her…

"Sword and Blade Scripture: Thousand Revolutions!" Her tender and high-pitched voice sounded with a playful tone.

At that moment, even Yueshi was mesmerized.

A soft, azure glow was emitted by Yuyi’s sword, which was too big for her size.

At the following moment, it was as if a dome of sword energy had covered her while rotating like a whirlwind, protecting her from all sides and completely slashing the arrows apart in thousands of pieces.

One could just faintly see Yuyi’s image inside the azure dome, and it was as if she was dancing around, her sword flashing with such speed and unpredictability that was hard to follow.

Her move had a certain sense of beauty and elegance to it, yet it also brought a cold feeling to one’s heart. They could only imagine what would happen to their bodies if they were hit by this high-speed sword dance.

The archer was so surprised that he was left gawking and he stopped moving for a moment. It was only after the rotating azure dome had disappeared that he came back to himself, nocking another arrow on the bowstring.

In an instant, he had already released it, and in another moment, it had already arrived on Yuyi's face – only to be slashed apart in a fast movement.

The arrows infused with qi and released through the use of cultivation techniques had not worked against her, how could those weak attacks work, then?

Still, they were fairly confident.

First, the ‘Heavens Upholding Pillar’ was a fairly strong move and its defensive power was amazing. As long as one had qi to supply it, then it could last for an extremely long time and restore itself in moments.

Second, they were sure that a move like the one before consumed a lot of energy and could not be used willy-nilly.

Obviously, they did not forget that there were two opponents.

The thing was, there was not a single trace of Yueli in the entire arena and it was as if she had vanished completely.

They couldn’t see nor hear her, not even sense her presence – so what could they do about it other than just pay attention and stay cautious?

Unimpeded, Yuyi soon arrived right in front of the shield, her sword slashing in a fast and blurry motion.

A cold glint could be seen as the blade of her weapon reflected the light, threatening to cut anything on its path.

However, instead of being afraid, the sword user merely grinned.

"Do you think such an attack is going to work?" Just as his voice echoed full of derision, sparks flew as Yuyi's sword scratched against the glass-like cover, only leaving behind a shallow cut.

You lost.” Yet, despite the result, the young girl grinned victoriously.

The two opponents immediately felt something was wrong; however, they had no time to react before a cold voice reached their ears.

Sword and Blade Scripture: Thousand Manifestations.” Their bodies shuddered as the apathetic voice reached their ears, a cold chill spreading through their spines.

They did not know how she reached there, but, appearing out of nowhere, Yueli now stood between the two partners.

Her blade glowed in a similar azure color as she moved it steadily and in a strange fashion and course.

Before the two could even put on any resistance, blade-like waves spread around her in all directions, tearing anything that stood in their way.

The pavement was left with all sorts of cuts here and there, while the two men had their clothes torn into shreds. That was not, however, the only damage.

On the crowd, Yueshi covered Yuan Yue’s and Xuehua’s eyes with mastery; meanwhile, in the arena, two worms were flying in the air.

The crowd stood dead silent, watching as the two things fell in the hands of a member from the Heavens Will Association.

No one paid attention to the many cuts and wounds all over the two bodies, only looking at a single spot.

Reality eventually dawned into them as they exploded in shouts and screams of all sorts, some cheering at the two girls while others cursed at them.

Yuyi and Yueli, however, paid them no attention.

Giving each other a high-five, the twins smiled brightly, their beauty on that moment silencing the entire crowd.

What broke the silence was the screams of pain and despair of the two young men, whose hopes of leaving behind descendants were gone for good.

It was truly a pitiful thing.

Honestly?

Even the judge was a bit surprised with how things developed.

However, although he felt bad for the two youngsters’ little brothers, he was not concerned with the losers.

Instead, his eyes brightened as he watched the twins commemorating their win.

As an elder from the sect, he knew much more than the disciples and he could recognize the movements used by Yueli to enter inside the protective barrier.

She blended in her sister’s shadow, and once both sides’ shadows came into contact she managed to infiltrate…’ Such technique, however, was too hard to learn and train.

Blending in her sister's shadow did not mean she became a shadow itself, and because of that, she had to move exactly like Yuyi to maintain the technique's effect.

It was only because they were in complete harmony that they were able to pull it off.

'There are also those sword moves…' He was not able to recognize them, so they should not belong to the sect, unlike the shadow merge.

After thinking for a moment, he shook his head. It wasn't as if the sect cared about one's background.

Those with talent would be nurtured and those without wouldn’t, no matter from where they came. Loyalty could be stimulated later down the road.

So it did not matter if they were from some powerful clan or one that had been extinct. What he cared about was their abilities, and those two girls had a rarely seen talent and synchrony between them.

I must inform the other elders and the sect leader later.’ Making a mental note, he looked toward Yueshi and the others. ‘Those little guys don’t cease to amaze.’

Yueshi and Tian Tian would have been sent directly to the inner court if there were no rules that forbade that. And Baiyun, having reached the first realm of martial arts, would also be a candidate for such treatment.

Seeing the other two girls, Xuehua and Yuan Yue, the judge wondered what kind of show they would present to them.

Will they be as amazing as their comrades?’ He could not help but feel a bit excited, as seeing genius display their talent was one of his hobbies.

- -

After the incident where the two fighters had their manhood cut off, the other members of the Heavens' Will were enraged and also afraid.

None of them dared to stand up and go fight the twins, seeing in their figures the image of devils instead of beautiful girls.

Seeing no one dared to fight them, Yuyi and Yueli were astounded and a tad disappointed.

But what could they do?

In the end, after Yuyi mocked the Heavens Will members, they decided to descend the stage. While they did so, many people sent them glances of fear, while others showed awe – not that they cared.

When they approached Yueshi and the others, Yuyi immediately ran up to them.

"Did you see it? I am amazing, right?" Patting her still developing chest, Yuyi bragged with a smug look.

With one hand on her chest and another on her waist, she looked like a cocky princess – in a cute way.

Yes, yes. Our little Yuyi is amazing.” Yueshi pated her head while praising.

Because of how she acted, he had unconsciously come to treat her like a little sister of the sorts.

Hehe~, then what about going on a date with me as a reward, brother Yu-e-shi~?” Hearing her words and seeing her mischievous expression, Yueshi froze on the spot.

Her grin was almost devilish as she hugged his arm before he even noticed, laughing with an 'ehehehe~'.

At her antics, he could only shake his head.

When it came to this little girl, he did not even know when she was joking and when she was not, as she loved to play pranks on others. He was like a small devil that could not sit still.

Her sister seemed to think the same, rolling her eyes at Yuyi. However, even if she seemed annoyed by the way Yuyi behaved, she could not conceal the softness in her eyes when she looked at her twin.

They were close, and Yueli truly loved her from the bottom of her heart, just like Yuyi loved her back.

Even Yuan Yue, the ‘official girlfriend’, could do nothing.

She knew Yuyi had no evil thoughts or second intentions, so she felt bad for even feeling jealous – though she still felt so.

Well, I will just make him compensate me later’, she softly blushed at the thought. As for how Yueshi would compensate her, let’s leave it to everyone’s imagination.

While the group was playing around and joking, the people from Heavens Will and the crowd watching were showing all sorts of emotions.

Yang Chengfei was still fairly okay, however, Gao Xiongli had veins popping all over his body in anger and rage.

He had always been someone with anger management issues, and the truth was that he took a few pills every day to deal with that.

However, seeing the others being defeated time and time again, something seemed to pop inside of him.

How the fuck did you bastards lose?” He did not even try to contain his voice as he spoke, drawing a lot of attention.

Those that had lost could only avert their eyes in shame.

Xiongli was just a tiny bit above the ladder; however, the Heavens Will Association paid a lot of attention to hierarchy.

Because of that, they could not even answer, or else trouble would come their way.

It just a bunch of snot brats and you can’t even win! You morons!” However, their silence only served to fuel his anger even more.

Just as he was going to kick at one of the people that lost, a cold voice echoed.

Enough!” Xiongli felt his entire body tremble and, gulping, he turned toward Chengfei. Seeing the sharp gaze directed at him, he stopped breathing for a moment. “Stop embarrassing the association with your drama.”

As if losing was already not enough, Gao Xiongli was acting like a loser - Chengfei really felt like slapping him since he was throwing the association name in the mud.

However, this was not the right place nor was it the right time to do so. His cold eyes then looked toward Yueshi and the others.

"Li Yun, you will be fighting next." At his command, a young man to his side nodded thoughtfully.

The Heavens' Will had brought ten ordinary members and another five elites, counting Chenfgei and Xiongli.

Li Yun was one of the five elites, albeit the weakest of them. Because of that, Chengfei was confident he could win against most of the other side members, and guessed only Yueshi and, maybe, Tian Tian would be able to fight against him.

Alas, he was mistaken there. He was still thinking of them as the newcomers he trampled during the beast horde event…

However, they had grown, and their growth was beyond his wildest imagination.

Please check my patreon at: here. You can read from 5 to 20 chapters ahead. That, and please check my other project - Reincarnated as a Side Character: Who the **** is an Extra. If you can, please support the story by reviewing, commenting and adding it to your reading list!

9