2 – Exploration
81 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yawn.

 

I have awakened! Ready to face the day!

 

I look around me again, noticing that the snake’s body is gone. Did I sleep for that long? Wow, I must have been really tired, the ability really must have taken a lot on me? Talking about abilities... I need to test them all, and become stronger? I don’t have a goal right now.. no, I need to search for that person, but that is a long term one... I need a short term goal.

 

I jump through the place I’m in, pondering about what I should do. Explore this forest, perhaps? Learning about this system.. and becoming stronger? I think that's all I have for now... Ok!

 

No more standing around, time to explore! 

 

...Where will I go though? Hmm, I’ll just pick a direction then. Left.. right.. ahead or behind... Right, it is.

 

I start to hop in that direction, admiring the scenery as I pass. 

 

It's beautiful in a way, an endless ocean of green, noises, both of the wind and animals near me. Hopping more, I start to hear noises of falling water, or running water, which probably means that there is a waterfall near me or a river. Which is a good sign, as I still don’t know if I need water or food, seeing that I have this [Lesser Elemental] ability. Oddly, I think I know what it means; Elemental are often portrayed as beings made of a type of energy. So, I might or might not need to eat or drink water, but I do know that I need to sleep. It's something. 

 

Nearing the noise, I find a waterfall, with a deep and wide lake being where it falls. 

 

It's quite noisy, with some animals drinking from the lake, ominous shapes swimming in the center of the body of water.

 

I observe the surroundings, trying to see if there is a safe enough spot to try to drink water. I find it, almost at the edge of it.

 

It seems ok, calm, even. No animals in sight, even fish avoid that corner! I instantly get suspicious and try to look for another place. I need to be cautious.

 

I look around for some time finding another spot, previously occupied by a strange bull-like beast. 

 

Yes! Finally found it! I approach the spot near the lake and stop at the edge of it. I see my reflection in the water, a rather normal chick, similar to a chicken, to me more specific, if you didn’t count my fiery feathers and reddish-orange eyes. 

 

I low myself to take a sip of water, still alert to anything that might happen when I’m not paying attention. 

 

The water... I can drink it, but I don’t seem to need it? Something related to the [Lesser Elemental] ability, maybe? It must be the same with food too, now that I think about it. 

 

Ok, water and food are not needed, but sleep or rest is. Not bad, I think? Some say that food, water and sleep are the things most essential for a being. I only need one, I lucked it out?  

 

I quickly get away from the lake, still wary and alert for everything that could happen, when I see it. A huge beast, resembling a lion, the ground trembles as it walks, due to its colossal size. Its presence was suffocating, evoking a primal fear from deep inside me, making me tremble, shake, and sweat... The pressure was gone after some moments, a soothing warmth taking over it.

 

I need to run away. I don’t even know what it can do! What if it decided that it will kill everything near it! I need to run!

 

I run away from the beast, trying to be as quiet as possible.

...

 

I stop after some time, time that I simply couldn’t count. I try to calm myself, the warmth making its presence present again. I sigh. I’m safe now, I think.

 

I observe my surroundings. Around me are trees and grass, usual stuff in a forest, but, there is a line here, where it all stops growing. Looking beyond the marking makes me gasp. Ruins are there, very, very old, Moss covering stone monuments and pillars. In the center of it are stairs to the underground, which I instantly get suspicious of. It doesn’t seem wise to explore it, at least not now.

 

I decide to eventually revisit the place another time, and start hopping again. Explore more! Now, where to go… I don’t have any direction in mind... I look at the sky. How many hours are the days here? I’m sure that the day feels longer than it should be.

 

I stay looking at the sky, at the sun that lay there.. or should I say, suns? There are 2 suns! I didn’t notice it! It truly seems that I’m not from this world, system aside. Nothing in my memories says that there were 2 suns from where I was from. 

 

Oh? I can see the moon.. moons? The night is approaching, it seems... 

 

I take my gaze off the skies, looking for somewhere to rest. 

 

I could lay on another tree, but I simply don’t know what could happen... I was lucky last time, looking at it. Nothing approached me while I was sleeping, which is strange... Something should have come near me, a forest usually has a food chain, and I’m probably at the end of it, as I’m still a newborn… I should make something about that, actually... 

 

I look at the ‘level’ part of my status

 

-

Level: 5

-

 

If I recall correctly, I was level 1 before killing that snake... I got lots of experience, it seems? Killing things..seems to be the way forward. I’ll search for shelter later, night isn’t fully here yet.

 

I hop again, looking for something to kill. The thought is odd. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to be this used to killing… oh well, a thought for another time.

 

Quietly, I advance on the unaware victim. It’s a small white rabbit, with a dangerous-looking horn on its head. It is eating quietly, seemingly alert to all small changes in its environment.

 

I’m close to it, however. I still don’t know how I did it, talking honestly. I mean, I understand how. It was because of my [Stealth] skill that I succeeded on the first try, even having not checked my status, I know that I got the skill, by seeing what effects it has. My glowing feathers aren’t what you could call stealthy, so whenever I got close to some animal, they would notice me and flee. With the skill, though, I could make my feathers fainter, my movements more subtle, my presence scarcer. It was a godsend for me. 

 

I move close and closer to the rabbit, and when I judge the distance is enough, I [Charge] at it, Igniting my body in the process with [Of Flame and Embers]. 

 

I slam at it, throwing it far away from its current position, my embers setting some parts of its fur alight.

 

Ok! The first attack was mine, now.. what are you going to do?

 

I observe the rabbit, as It struggled to gain its bearings. It looks at me, and immediately charges, its horn coming straight at myself. Fast! I move to dodge, but it was not enough, the horn scratches me, as the rabbit flies towards a tree. I just stand there, surprised. 

 

That was fast! way too fast. I almost couldn’t dodge! This rabbit is obviously higher leveled than me, isn’t it?! I observe the rabbit again... It is stuck on the tree! I quickly charge at it again, willing my flames to burn hotter, and slam at the rabbit again.

 

The tree breaks, and burns, the rabbit squeaking in pain. Ha! Do you like that! I stop my charge and look at the rabbit. It is dead, with its entire body charred.

 

Let's see... I should have a notification... here!

 

-

Level Increase 5 -> 6

 

[Stealth I] Learned

[Charge III] Upgraded

[Bash II] Upgraded

[Dodge II] Upgraded

 

Stat points: +1 

-

 

I leveled up once.. and some skills went up as well. Gained [Stealth] as well as a stat point... Nice! 

 

I should get some more skills.. let’s see if [Memories] can help me with some ideas… Mana..? Training... Soul... Fire… Manipulation...Water.. sensing… So many Ideas.. I’ll try them all soon, but first, a shelter. 

 

I look at the burnt tree. It got destroyed in a way that it seems that it fell, but is still standing for some reason, even if it is bent at a strange angle.

 

I think I’ll take shelter there... I look at the sky. It is starting to get dark, after what feels like days. I hop over to the burnt tree, and simply lean on it, trying to get comfortable. 

 

Nested inside of it, I think about what I can do now. 

 

Train skills.. and gain some. I’ll try that. 

 

[Memories], help me here.. Meditation? For.. manipulation of energy? Oh, I see! I need to meditate, to sense the ‘energy’, or ‘mana’ to start? 

 

I calm my breath, and focus solely on it, emptying my mind. I just get used to this state at first.. it is quite calming, not compared to[Phoenix Heart], but similar to it? Maybe. After some time, I decide to focus not only on my breath but also on me, my being, my soul, my flame.

 

I can sense something there, overflowing out of me, a warm feeling, like the embers of a campfire… Fire mana, I realize. So much of it is flowing from me, that I simply can’t get a grip on it, it's like going against a river by yourself. 

 

I try to do whatever I think at this moment, trying to stop the flow, divert it, letting it flow faster, but nothing works. I sigh and leave that state. 

 

My mind is tired now… yawn, I look at the sky again. It’s already night, eh? This is the first time I’m seeing it... It is breathtaking. 3 moons hanging in the sky, one of pale blue, another yellow, and the last, pure white. The stars shine brightly at this time, painting the sky in different colours. 

 

I stare with wonder at this sight. 

 

The stars.. such beauty...

 

I yawn again. Right, I’m tired.

 

I take my eyes out of the sky, as I come a bit closer to the center of the tree, and rest my body and mind. I yawn again, sleep drawing me to the land of dreams.

5