Chapter IV: The Tradition
80 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part I

The maid and butler went inside the kitchen and prepared the food.

"A Trial?" I asked.

"It's more like a grand quest" the little girl (hunter) replied.

“For every three years, my noble lineage holds this secret tradition. The youngest of the noble house and the youngest in the noble lineage undertake this trial.” the girl walks from the windows and coming near to a picture frame of a tree.

The little girl (hunter) continues to speak “The child recruits adventurers to join the trial” she looked from the top of the family tree painted in the picture frame. “The child may also form the group with their relatives.” She walks up to the shelves.

“The youngest must take on three noble demons and claim victory. This ancient tradition has been made by the first generation.” She put her hand over a book and ran her hand across the bookshelf, ”For the purpose of strengthening the foundations of the noble lineage and also their connections to other noble families.”

She turned around, her back facing the picture frame and with glistening eyes of inspiration. She asked me a question.

“Will you join me in this trial?”

“I refuse” I instantly refused and got up from the sofa.

“Seal” with her command the crow transformed into chains and restrained my whole body except for the right hand that I always use when writing. I tried resisting with all my might to no avail.

(“Judging from the fact that my hand is unsealed I think I know where this is going”)

She forced my free hand to write on a parchment.

I was forced to sign the application paper without my consent.

“I just need to send these to the Association and we’re off adventuring into the dungeons.” She said nonchalantly never minding my own answer of denial.

"Hmm he hil"(Damn little girl!!) I said in my constricted state flailing on the ground.

 

{Association’s registration form}

 

 

~ O ~

Association

Name: Vampire

Family/House Name: Aurnat

Species: Vampire

My name is  Vampire   , a    Vampire     from the house/family of          Aurnat            . Register as a worker in the Association. I abide by the natural law, spiritual law, physical law and the nonaggression treaties upheld by the citizens of the continent with the Association guild as my witness. Any work or task I partake in will only be my responsibility. I am responsible for my actions within and outside the guild. The Association guild will not take liabilities or be obliged to my well-being.

 

 

Signature: _______

 

~ O ~

 

 

{Welcome to the guild. Have a happy adventure}

 

 

 

Part II

The light shine upon the royal garden, the blooming daisies and the white chamomiles adorn the garden among other flowers on the sides. The maid watered the flowers from a distance using magic.

The butler is busy chopping up ingredients in the kitchen.  Preparing the food and decorating it extravagantly.

The maid finished watering the plants and went inside the palace. The maid’s mother doesn’t work here, her mother is serving the lord located in another palace.

The maid laid down a large white cloth on the long dining table, she carried the table ware and plates on the desk and arranged them in an orderly manner. I noticed that there are 4 sets of plate placed on the table.

There was also the butler coming in the dining table, pushing the food cart. The food, each covered by silver bowls and placed in silver plates, I could smell the scent inside the covered dishes.

It smells delicious, enough for me to drool but I stopped myself from dropping saliva so as to not break my image in front of the maid.

My familiar helped in setting up the chairs on the long dining table. He can move around since his appearance right now is just a harmless stuff toy. (A teddy bear in a human’s eyes)

The atmosphere is grand as how should a proper noble household be.

The maid and butler finishes up their prep work on the dining table and the little girl (hunter) enters the room. The butler got close to the little girl (hunter) to put a cloth on her lap but the crow sensed his malicious aura and pecked on him before he got close to the young lady of the house (hunter).

The maid carefully placed the cloth on her lap and loosely tied a towel on the little girl (hunter)’s neck to protect her attire from food stains. Then, the butler and the maid sat down along with me, I was sitting there with myself in the company of the ropes binding me in my chair.

I can’t move my arms, can’t move my legs, it’s also tied. I can only get to the plate in front of me if I tried hard enough in bending forward. The butler is beside me, he kept his attention to the little girl (hunter) and ignoring the crow perching on top of his head.

(“I should be released since I have already signed the contract why go the trouble of binding me again.”)

This thought came to me. It could be the bad writing of the author getting to him. I ignored these thoughts, it’s a good thing the familiar is able to move, he could assist me with eating the food.

The maid smiled in my direction, I also did the same, I smiled back to her and I sensed an aura of a father with an uncanny face facing my direction but I ignored it. I turned my attention towards the unveiling of the dishes for dinner.

(“In summary, what we are eating are salmon, lobster, chicken meat, onion, lettuce, cabbage, garlic, vegetables in oyster sauce, bread (the tasty one), mushroom with corn and tomatoes. Describing each food would take long. ”)

We began to eat the dishes presented in the table, my familiar helped me in eating the food in my plate, chicken meat with a side of vegetables, I know that I’m a vampire by nature but the smell and fragrance of the food tickles my taste buds. As soon as the first spoonful is fed to me, I flew up to heaven, but don’t go there yet my soul.

I cannot believe that food such as these existed, Even though he is ignoring my presence he does his job well in this house, I can learn cooking from him. After I finished my meal, the stuff toy bear (my familiar), eats gems on top of the table.

He nibbles on the shiny stones like how a cute animal would, the maid gazed at him, loving the eye candy on the table.

But when he’s unsealed, he can finish the bucket of gems instantly. His eyes glimmer at each bite of the gem. Those are some fine gems. I should probably explain how familiar works but maybe next time, I’m done eating.

The maid and butler started to clean the table, once finished, the little girl (hunter) left and the butler dragged my chair into a room just three rooms apart from the little girl (hunter) ‘s room. His room is right beside me, judging from the movement of his footsteps.

I’m interested in the gentle maid even though her father’s presence is surrounding her, I’m not interested in the little girl. I hate her but that feeling disappeared. It’s strange that her parents aren’t with her. Where are they?

However, I’m concerned on one thing, why haven’t they released me yet. I can’t sleep in this restrained state.

The glowing moonlight shines upon my window, the ray of light passing the window glass and hitting on me hinting a good night’s sleep. The moonlight scenery doesn’t help.

I had a good rest.

 

 

 

 

Part III

The next day came, from last night’s dinner I notice how the little girl (hunter) treats her servant like family. I read from a novel that nobles are haughty, undisciplined, possessive and at times cruel to the ones lower in status.

But there are also novels that paint nobility in a good light. Affairs happen around, gossips and rumors spread in the palace.

What is there to talk about other than criticizing the lives of other people?

Wars between neighboring and far countries could even be sparked by nobles’ misunderstanding and leading into strife on the whole continent.

I was in deep thought while sitting on the bed, when the butler came in and disarmed my clothes in an instant. The clothes I wear become separated from my body in milliseconds, the butler managed to put another set of attire on me, a butler’s attire.

I was shocked at the sudden entrance and change of clothes, but my delayed reaction never caught the eyes of the butler because he has long exited the room. I scream a little “ah”, realizing the change in my clothing and I noticed my handsome appearance before the mirror except the default bed hair upon waking up.

The gentle maid entered the room.

“The Miss requests for your presence.” The maid said with her beaming smile.

(“Truly a goddess”) I cry internal tears upon witnessing her existence.

I quickly got up and followed the maid like a dog wagging his tail for its owner. But the master of the house is nowhere to be found on the room the maid led me to.

“Miss Maid, the little girl (hunter) isn’t here yet.” I said to the gentle maid.

The maid replied “She was here recently, wait here. I’ll find her.” And the maid went outside the room before I could tell her to keep me company.

In this room, I found it strange that there are no furniture and decorations excluding the window curtains, the floor, a table and a pair of chair.

(“What am I supposed to do here?”)

0