Chapter V: The Beginner Dungeon
52 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART I

 

I took the chance to relax tired legs, the constraints were a bit painful last night. I sit comfortably and enjoying the scenery by the window.

The door opened with the little girl (hunter) and another man wearing a distinct robe. I recognized the patterns on the robe.

(“A mage from the tower”) I thought, I noticed the unique patterns on his clothes. I notice the official badge as well which means he could be a personnel from the Association guild to evaluate my registration. But soon as I was eager for the evaluation to come to me and find out my true abilities as a vampire the robed man left me with the little girl (hunter).

The little girl (hunter) throws a card in my direction from where I’m sitting. I caught it right before it fell to the floor.

“Let’s go to a dungeon.” and with her declaration we were heading off to a place of monster encounters.

 

In the palace, we were walking out form the room. I remember the 4 patterns in the man wearing a distinct robe, buttons in the shape of a flower, spells written at the outline of the sleeves, faded spell on the lower part of the robe and a gem necklace with a rune letter on the center of it aside from the two accompanying orbs beside the gem.

These features were told in a novel, I can’t remember the name of that novel and from the number of books I have read over the years of my vampire life, there are books that I will forget sooner or later. Finding it among the deep sea of novels might be hard to accomplish, it would be fine for me as I have all the time as a vampire but in my position as a contracted being, I’m afraid that I’ll be limited in my actions.

I better curry favor with the little girl (hunter) if I need to survive from this contract.         

 

“The mage’s tower” that’s what they call it. The tower was described as a basement of sorts with magicians, alchemists and sorcerers gather to discover and study the application of magic and elements. It was included in the information about the robe’s pattern history.  I also am an avid fan of magic, that’s why I’ve been delving on occult books and that’s when I got my familiar.

 

And also we have been walking out from the palace and straight to the heart of the forest, keeping myself to my thoughts sure made time pass by instantly. We’re advancing too far into the dungeon, what about the equipment, money in case a travelling merchant passes by, weapons to use in battle, extra clothing when our clothes get torn and money, wait we already covered that. I shouted all the absurdity in my mind as we went inside the dungeon.

(“We’ll come out alive after this, right?”)

We went inside the dungeon along with the maid and butler following in the distance unknown to me and the little girl (hunter).

                               

 

 

 

PART II

 

“Beginner Dungeon”.

[A place where young adventurers enter.]

[Low level monsters appear here and there, everywhere.]

[You are at the entrance, they appear.]

[At the turn of the corner, they come out to get you.]

[Every moment’s past, they’ll get your ass.]

 

The magic automated voice played a tone as each wooden slide by the side presenting the image of dungeons with colorful and painted illustrations.

Monsters, be as wild as they can be, this is a rather ridiculous introduction to a beginner dungeon.

That’s right, I have been with the butler, maid and the little girl (hunter) on a cart tour called “Beginner Dungeon”. What are these guys? Kids?.  The butler and maid were soon agitated by the silent atmosphere between us when we enter the dungeon and came along with reasons unknown. That’s brings us to a point where we are.

I notice that there are a lot less people entering this dungeon and most of them are kids, quiet ones to be exact. The automated voice played without delay as the carts pass.

 

[Good luck and set off on a wonderful adventure with friends]

And with that last message from the automated voice the cart halted at the exit tunnel leading outside.

The little girl went out of the cart and told me. “So, you know where we are headed now? This is the tutorial”

I paused and gathered my breath “This isn’t tutorial, this is more life preschool tutorial!”

“I appreciate that the beautiful maid-an greeted our presence during this tour but even still this is ridi-”

I was sealed by the little girl (hunter) so stop me from overreacting.

                                                  

 

 

 

PART III

 

[a few moments ago]

The same guy that wore the patterned robe is on the desk working on the papers. Papers are stacked on top of his desk proves the various applications and contracts for business and other matters concerning the Association.

Let’s call him elemental master for now.

One of the servants knocked upon his humble workplace stacked with work. He went up from the desk to greet the servant with dreary eyes

“Lord, that maid is here” the servant told the elemental master.

With an alert response he left out of the workplace to meet the maid.

Seconds past and he forgot that he doesn’t know where she is. This must be what sleep deprivation does to the body and he returned to the servant’s presence.

“Where is she?”

The maid waited in the private room and the room opened with the elemental master hugging the maid. They look like a father and daughter from an outside perspective.

 

If it wasn’t for the gentle maid’s dad the elemental master wouldn’t have achieved the position in the Association guild. Elemental master was once a teenage boy yearning for great adventures and encounters.

He struggles on his path as an adventurer, it was hard at the beginning but on a dreadful night where the teenage boy is cornered by a pack of wolves, he knew that his path is a dangerous one to take. His life is now in the hands of the goddess of death.

Just as the pack of wolves sneered their fangs at the young lad. The gentle maid’s dad entered the fray and defeated the wolves, He took the young boy as his disciple and learned a lot from him in the short span of 3 years.

 

The elemental master is grateful for the gentle maid’s dad. It was what inspired him to do better in life.

The maid and the elemental master discussed about an Adventurer Card for a contracted familiar.

“But I need to be in the presence of the adventurer to evaluate his power.”

The maid disagreed, “They must not know of his existence. and if they did, they might hinder us in carrying out the tradition.”

“I’m sorry but I cannot abide by your request, I must see him personally.”

The elemental master called for a carriage from the servants outside the private room.

The twin-tailed servant received the command and got the carriage and a fine horse just right outside the guild. The elemental master wore a coachman’s robe and told the maid to go inside the carriage.

With a clicking noise head by the horse, the carriage begun to walk towards the little girl (hunter)’s residence.

 

In the living room, “You should consider going ack to the family side”

“I’m sure th--”

 

 

0