Chapter VI: The little girl’s circumstance
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter VI: The little girl’s circumstance

 

PART I

 

“I’m not going back to them.” the elemental master got cut off mid-sentence. The little girl is showing displeasure in her beautiful face.

The maid recalled the little girl’s childhood during the maid’s time as a maid-in-training.

 

 

 

{The master’s childhood days}

 

When she was a child, her brothers and cousins treat her in contempt and always clinging to her because of her small and cute stature.

(Fawning at a child event.)

She found this annoying and bothersome. Even on the time of eating, she had to endure the stares of the relatives. Unnerving and hard to eat, she puts on a fake smile just out of the advice of her own mother.

(Looking at a cute daughter eating + staring 10x)

She found all this matter irritable and on one time of being fawned over, she accidentally broke a vase while wiggling out of the hands of her dear sister. She received a stern scolding and that made her traumatized, no one has ever done that to her. She hardly spoke to anyone after that tragic event. And denies audience with other people, not to her brother, sisters and even up to the point of hiding from them. Every single time.

 

{End of The master’s childhood days}

 

 

 

[To present where she is having a meeting with the Elemental Master]

She always avoids them and never made eye contact. She was doing fine by herself in the earlier years but as time went on. The disconnection from the main family side could make her participation in the tradition impossible to achieve. That’s why the little girl asked from her own grandparents to take a being that can act as an aide in executing the tradition.

Servants of the household can participate in the tradition but I, as a maid. are very weak. I can only rely on my father’s aura to defend and attack. My father’s help can only be triggered at limited intervals. I have no idea how many seconds it will take or  the duration of the interval.

 

If my father’s soul stay longer than the time allotted, my body will forcefully eject my own soul.  I am willing to participate in the tradition but she denied my request due to the risks. And the butler…can’t be trusted if left along with the master.

On one occasion, I left him to take care of the house and on one night the cutler snuck in and made the master wear cute clothes in her sleep, taking magic pictures. I instantly went behind him and chopped him unconscious, dragging him outside the room and deleting the contents of the magic camera. And from that day on, I always have to be near the master in case something happens.

 

The maid gazed over at the butler cleaning on a corner of a room. The butler looked back as well with a popping question mark above his head not knowing why the maid is staring.

 

 

 

 

PART II

 

The elemental master understood her intentions and didn’t ask anymore. He pulled a blank card from his sleeve and unplugged the badge from his 4 patterned robe. The badge acts a portable stamp when the user applies mana on the handle. The little girl gave unto him the registration paper of the vampire.

 The elemental master shot a worrying look at the paper before using the badge to press the blank card upon the registration paper. The paper disappeared into the blank card, the ink and paper texture imprinted on the blank card completely leaving no trace of the registration paper and a stamp of the association is left at the back of the card.

The elemental plugged back the badge and handed the new card to the little girl.

“If you ever need help, just know that we will help out.”  the elemental master said as they go on their separate ways in front of the room where the vampire’s in.

 

[Back to present]

 

“Where are you now?” the big sister wondered about on his own thoughts looking at the traces of her little sister’s scent. She was in front of a cave where the beginner dungeon is located not far from where she stands, crossing out the possibility of her little sister being in the dungeon as it is only made for preschool kids.

It seems long ago when that tragic event happened, perhaps 10 years have passed since then. The other relatives deemed the event as only a little girl’s phase. Making them forget the existence of the little girl perhaps too much. Because when she asked around the relatives, cousins and brothers, they forget the existence of the little sister.

 

Even to the point of choosing the youngest to participate in the tradition was laid onto another family branch in the Aurnat famiglia. She only knows the existence of the little girl due to the tragic event planted in his memories. She can never forgive herself for that day.

Even with help of her beastman slave, the little girl’s scent cannot be traced. They left the area and made their way home.

 

 

The butler whiffed the bottle containing the little girl’s scent as they walk . (<- the reason why the scent can’t be traced)

The maid wondered what the butler is sniffing about, since she is curious “What is that?”

“It’s nothing” The butler said as she keeps the bottle.

 

 

 

 

PART III

 

Guides, an existence needed by every adventurer apart from the adventurer card issued by a guild. It’s not as if there is just one guild on this country after all…there are others that are not explored yet. Back on the guides part of the story. They are external beings that can list out the status effects of the player. They vary by species and are pets.

One of the well known guides in this country is the fairies. With their magical molecules they can make status boxes appear in mid-air and only show it to the player who is in a contract with the fairy guide. The status appear within seconds after the contracted player says “Status”. There are other species that exist as guides but not favorable in their appearance.

The fairies are well known because of their small compact size, versatile in battle, avoiding strikes and fit enough on a small pocket. The little girl’s entourage is on their way to buy a guide at a certain part of the marketplace, the slave market. Just below the slums, at the deep ends of the alleyway, we’re nobodies are sold to the rich for purposes unknown.

 

The space he had was only little to squirm around, he hugged his knees. Entrapped on a cage along with other pets on a carriage on route towards the slave market. He was deemed unworthy and unwanted from the imp village. Treated like a person not worth of an attention he went out of the imp village and into the heart of the forest. If they don’t need a person such as him, then it would be better to just leave the place where he does not belong.

But this made him a target of a bandit group that happens to hunt inside the forest. The bandits spotted him and captured him on sight, sleep magic is convenient when you encounter monsters. The bandits decided to sell him out on a slave market.

 

He looked at his normal clothing, a short and a shirt, now dirty not being the dame clean clothing from the day he ran from the village. The slave traders always reuse the cages used in their business. Healing magic can also apply to items which made the slave traders to not even bother cleaning said cages.

The imp tilted to the side looking out into where the carriage is headed, the towers of the city can be spotted from his position. The carriage rattled on as the bandits oversee the situation of the sold imp.

 

“Is it alright to let him go?” the bandit with a headband inquired the man with horns.

The man with horns responded to the inquiry “Yes, It better to be a slave than be a nomad like us.”

“…” the bandit with a headband went silent and got back to where the other bandits are. The man with horns soon followed, leaving a rustling sound of the leaves on each tree branch stepped on.

 

 

The little girl’s entourage are at the entrance of the slave market.

“Password please” a guy from the other side demanded.

“…” the entourage and the sealed vampire are stuck at the entrance. I mean hidden entrance of the slave market.

The maid looked for money inside her apron, “We don’t have much” she pulled out a pouch of money ”but here”. Presenting it upon the guy on the other side of the entrance.

“…” the  guy was baffled at the amount of money but steeled his will upon the temptation of money. “Miss, we don’t do that here”

“Oh” the maid pulled another pouch from the butler’s pocket “You could’ve ask for more”

The guy on the other side immediately said “We don’s take bribes. Never mind, just enter.” and with that the little girl’s entourage had entered the slave market.

Phew that took me till midnight rushing on writing isn't a good thing. I had plans on future storylines but for the connection those parts will be loose, have a good day and god bless

  • a message from a last minute publisher of the chapter
0