Chapter Thirty : The Miko Who Fought That Guy Again, I Mean Seriously, When Will He Quit? Part One
278 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Nyaaa! I've decided to release this week's chapter a little earlier than usual! The final chapter is quite large, so I also thought that it would work well split into two releases.  A note, there are still two chapters remaining, one is the conclusion, and finally a bonus chapter I wrote concerning what happened to a certain absent girl. <3

Chapter Thirty : The Miko Who Fought That Guy Again, I Mean Seriously, When Will He Quit? Part One

The four wave the platform slowly moves away from the place of Kami high in the skies of the youkai world. Madoka walks to the rail and winces, seeing how high up she truly is. I didn’t have much opportunity to see just how high up I climbed… did I really climb that building?

She stares at the building as they move away with increasing speed, and sees the face of Kami as she watches them go. Madoka gasps when she sees kanji and kana appear around the building, a last message wishing the four well in their battle. Madoka giggles as she reads it and Aoi puts a gentle hand on her shoulder, squeezing it.

“‘Do your best and come back to me safely!’” Madoka smiles. “It’s as though we were students heading to school.” she giggles.

Aoi hugs Madoka tightly. “Maybe she’s a little like a mother in that way?” she suggests.

“What kind of a mother would do ecchi things to a daughter?” Madoka asks with a bright blush.

Are you referring to the kiss in that bathroom, or is seeing her in the nude that has you high strung? Kanna asks with her own giggle.

“Well, I mean…” Madoka trails off, blushing. “I don’t want to think about…”

“You’re too pure and shy, Madoka!” Kiyomi breaks in and hugs the two again with too much enthusiasm. Madoka totters on the edge of the platform.

“Idiot! Don’t kill Madoka! If you screwed this up, Kami would kill you a thousand times.” Kozuke frowns, walking over to the three, he yanks them back to safety as they windmill.

“I don’t think she’d do that. She’s too gentle. Her sweet nature has not diminished much since she was enshrined.” Kiyomi laughs. “She’s a saint. She’d never really hurt any of us.”

“She is a kami,” Kozuke admonishes Kiyomi. “It’s the way of kami and she takes her job very seriously. Even if it means being a demon sometimes, it’s in the nature of kami to be that way.”

“I still don’t think she would. She always treated me with loathing and disparaging looks when I would draw close to her, but I still don’t think she would hurt me,” Kiyomi responds.

“Well, why don’t you test it when we return? I’d enjoy seeing what would happen to you. Just don’t fail tonight in our battle,” Kozuke states with a raised expression as though dropping a glaive.

“Really…” Kiyomi laughs. “I’ll take you up on that, though mostly I’m more interested in Madoka-chan.” She renews her tight glomp of Madoka and Aoi.

“You’re way too touchy, Kitsune,” Aoi criticizes Kiyomi quietly. “If you annoy Madoka-chan, I’ll duel you myself.”

“Oooh, interesting… I look forward to that!” Kiyomi grins with a smug expression. Aoi stiffens as Kiyomi seizes her breasts through her kimono. She gasps and glares at Kiyomi.

“Stop that or I’ll…” Aoi snaps.

“What, a fight before we reach the scene of the fight with Yoshimaru?” Kozuke scowls, seizing Kiyomi by her scruff and pulling her away.

“Don’t be so serious! Really, Madoka-chan… can you tell me why you’re so shy? Lesser girls would have long since fallen before my blandishments,” Kiyomi asks as Kozuke firmly holds her.

“Um…” Madoka blushes as she stares down at the ground while the platform accelerates up to impossible levels of speed through the skies.

“What? You aren’t seriously thinking about going for that obnoxious kitsune are you, Madoka-chan?” Aoi pouts, her hands on her hips.

“N-no… not really… I’m just thinking and wondering about it myself.” Madoka leans towards Aoi’s ear and whispers into it.

“I mean it’s not like she’s not attractive… she’s incredibly attractive… but I’m not looking for that right now in my life,” Madoka murmurs softly.

“Not looking for love? Why? Everyone needs love! The Madoka I know in my heart wouldn’t hold back when it comes to love, but not with her goshujinsama!” Aoi blushes, pleading.

“Who? Kami-sama? Isn’t that kind of inappropriate? If I’m supposed to be her miko. Why did she bathe with me like that?” Madoka asks with a flaming face.

You like Kami? Ippei asks in her mind.

“N-not like that… it’s not like I asked for it. It was her whim…” Madoka chews her lip.

“You’ll have to work harder if you want to compete, Aoi-chan!” Kanna laughs.

Aoi’s eyes widen and she pouts with her own flaming expression. “In any case, it’s doomed. We’re dead anyhow. What’s the point?” Eiji suggests. “I’d press my own suit, but I know it would be tragically ended within minutes.”

“Idiot!” Kanna’s voice pouts. “But it is a moot point, right?”

Yes… I guess so… Eiji responds as Aoi stares off into the distance with gritted teeth.

“There are more important things in my life. Surviving and putting an end to this so I can live happily for the rest of my…” Madoka trails off and looks in the direction of Aoi with a sad expression, as if realizing it might be inconsiderate to say it.

“We’ll be nearing the leyline soon,” Kozuke says. “You should shelve this discussion for now. No one needs to have doubts and regrets holding them back in battle.”

“A leyline?” Madoka asks. “Are we going to get super charged?”

“It doesn’t work like that, Madoka. You can’t take the leyline with you. But Yoshimaru wants to fight in Shibuya. You know it is the site of a minor leyline in the real world. Did you know that humans naturally congregate around leylines? They energize everyone. In Shibuya it’s the spirit of shopping that is probably most fueled,” Kiyomi states quietly. “It’s a reason why I love shopping in Shibuya. Not only are there many amazing malls, the leyline is invigorating when I’m shopping all day for fashion.” She giggles.

“I’m not surprised that you shop all day.” Madoka rolls her eyes.

As they speak, a surge of energy flashes in the sky nearby and a portal opens. Madoka stares at it with wide eyes. The portal is made of light and shadows. They’re laced firmly together, dancing with each other, and as she looks on, the platform surges through.

“Hold on tightly. It can be a little rough,” Kozuke admonishes everyone.

The platform starts shaking as it reaches the event horizon of the hole ripped open in the sky before them. Madoka yelps and dashes towards the umbrella in the center of the platform and hunkers low. Aoi throws her arms tightly around Madoka and Kiyomi watches with an amused expression.

“Here we go!” Kozuke yells.

The platform shakes and everything seems to twist and bend. For a moment, all aboard the platform look as attractive as Picasso portrait versions of themselves. I don’t feel any different except a little weird… but maybe I look as twisted as them. It’s as though several unknown dimensions are suddenly perceptible in the passage, angles and sides which go unseen. Madoka closes her eyes and suppresses a surge of bile. The sensations build and the platform tosses as it seems to move in many directions at once. Madoka’s stomach feels like it’s floated off. “Please e-end this!” Madoka yelps.

All at once, the sensation vanishes and Madoka gasps.

“We’re here. This leyline is connected with Shibuya directly,” Kozuke murmurs, and Madoka keeps her eyes screwed tightly as she masters herself.

“Are you alright, Madoka?” Aoi asks somewhat weakly.

Kiyomi laughs. “What a ride that is… I don’t go that way often. It’s not a gentle way. The passages through the shrines are far more pleasant, but it’s like the ultimate youkai world roller coaster ride.”

”WELCOME, MY GUESTS! TO MY BATTLE ARENA! MAKE SURE YOU PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE SHIBUYA BIG SCREEN BEFORE YOU PERSIST IN YOUR FOLLY!” Yoshimaru’s voice cackles loudly. Madoka opens her eyes and sees dark energy crackling all around the air. The pressure of that energy is ridiculously strong.

Madoka comes to her feet and Aoi with her, and they watch as the platform lowers through the shadows. The towers of tall skyscrapers loom around. Many of their windows are illuminated and the buildings themselves are beautiful at night. Where it was day in the youkai world, it is without a doubt night in the real world.

The platform descends gradually, and as Madoka moves to the edge, she sees the Shibuya scramble square come into sight. She remembers the shopping trip with her mother not long before; her eyes well with tears and her heart quails. As the platform descends, the big screen in the square comes into view and Madoka gasps when she sees a familiar scene on it. It’s the scene of a hospital room.

“FATHER!!!” Madoka screams, recognizing that it’s her father’s room. Her father seems to be connected to even more life-extending equipment. “What is your aim in showing me this, Yoshimaru? I know it’s your fault that he’s in the hospital! Did you think this would weaken my resolution? Think again, you evil bastard!” Madoka screams.

No response comes, but on the screen a new figure walks into sight. A familiar face. “Hiiiii Madoka!” the dark follower grins as she seats herself at the feet of Nobuo. She crosses her legs attractively, and the smile is dark and taunting.

“How could you leave your poor injured father unguarded? I mean truly… how unconscientious can you be?” she laughs.

Madoka gasps. “Y-you! Wh-why are you there?” Madoka gapes.

“Send me after her, Madoka-chan. No, send us all. We owe her a serious smackdowning,” Aoi growls.

“No… I highly recommend that you don’t do that.” The dark follower smiles mockingly. “There’s a reason why I’m here, Madoka, and if you were to interfere, it would result in your father’s instant demise.” She draws her oversized blade strapped on over her shoulder. The ominous sound of her blade sliding free fills the square.

“The truth is that Kami has a bargain to offer you. He will heal your father as though nothing ever happened… and he will give you your mother back. He doesn’t care for the natural process, but if you help him attain his goal -- ultimate power -- he will reward you. It’s such a pity he hasn’t shown you such kindness so far. Perhaps Kami’s heart has softened towards you in congratulation for your determination… so why don’t you come over to our side? Become his and give him your all, and I guarantee your father’s life.”

Madoka yelps and grinds her teeth as the dark follower speaks.

“By the way, my name is Ashes, Madoka. You can call me Ashy or senpai when you come over to our side.” She smiles darkly. “Do you like my new name, Madoka? It was to commemorate the… no… don’t worry about it.” She laughs.

“Commemorate? What?” Madoka gasps aloud.

“You’re ever curious, aren’t you?” Ashes laughs. “By the way, if you press, it seems I’ll be a wall for you. Think of me as a barrier for you to overcome… not that you ever will. Kami gave me a far greater amount of power than your weak one has. Even when Kami blesses you, you still couldn’t defeat me.”

“What are you talking about? Tell me, you twisted freak!” Madoka yells.

Ashes waggles a finger at Madoka. “Oh. my poor little sister. Show your senpai some respect.” She laughs. “You truly want to know? Very well. It may douse whatever weak flame you’ve mustered. What act, you ask? Why… my name is Ashes… exactly what your mother was rendered to.” Ashes laughs aloud.

Madoka gasps and yelps, going to her knees. Kozuke and Kiyomi dash forward to her side.

“No, we’ll go after her. We can take her. I know you can destroy Yoshimaru, Madoka!” Kiyomi gasps.

“So don’t forget. If you come anywhere near this hospital, your father’s life will be instantly ended. Yes, he’s a hostage,” Ashes taunts.

“Why don’t you come here, Ashes? If you’re looking for a fight, I’ll… I’ll give it to you!” Madoka screams, tears streaming from her eyes.

Kiyomi sighs, and poses flamboyantly. Madoka stares at the screen. “Did you really think it would go so well for you, you silly edgelord?” Kiyomi asks. “I mean seriously… playing the villain part to the hilt. Do you think you’re something special? Ashes, huh? What a ludicrous name.” Kiyomi laughs aloud, unfolding her fan, and her laughter takes on the edge of her classic haughty tone.

“Wh-what?” Ashes blinks. “What are you talking about, you stupid bitch? You mock the holy name my Kami gifted me?” she snarls.

“Why, yes. I laugh at you. That pathetic nature of yours. Did you desperately wish to become a villain? Did you think you would look so very cool? You’re a clown, Ashy,” Kiyomi taunts. Madoka’s lips twitch in response.

“Are you sure you want to talk like that to me?” Ashes demands. “I think my mood is changing. I felt playful, but I think… I’m getting very serious.” Ashes turns towards Haruo and lifts her blade high.

“FOOL! STAY YOUR BLADE FOR THE NONCE!” Yoshimaru’s voice booms, and with an explosion of darkness, he appears atop the Shibuya big screen.

Ashes hesitates and stiffens her blade on the point of driving home.

“Why, thank you for that, Yoshi-chan,” Kiyomi says. “I appreciate your buying time for our side.” She laughs. Meanwhile Kozuke snarls, his form seething angrilly.

“WHAT ARE YOU REFERRING TO, FECKLESS KITSUNE?” Yoshimaru inquires.

“What am I referring to? Why, my hand moves…” Kiyomi states teasingly. “You said that, didn’t you? Well, mine just did…” She laughs aloud. “Fight to your content, Madoka-chan, and I will help you!” Kiyomi laughs, her haughty laughter going full throttle now. On the screen there’s a flash and more familiar faces appear in the room with Nobuo.

“Hello, Japan! Please welcome the stars of this programming! We’re very happy to meet you all! Please meet the Maid Force of Nekonyukya Cafe! Please cheer us on, everyone!” Arisu winks and makes a heart symbol with her fingers before the camera. Suddenly, Ko the slime girl splashes down from the ceiling where she must have hidden directly onto Ashes. Ashes yelps and screams loudly as she’s surrounded by Ko. Her kimono immediately starts to dissolve.

“Did you think I was just sitting back and watching you suffer, Madoka-chan? I was working hard to make sure he would never hurt you ever again!” Kiyomi laughs. “Am I a good girl? Will you reward me? At least a kiss would be nice!” She winks at Madoka.

“You obnoxious kitsune!” Yoshimaru grates angrily. “No matter. You may have played me now, but the victory will still be mine. This was just a preliminary game.” Yoshimaru’s voice is no longer booming, and yet the way of his speech and his words speak louder than his augmented voice.

Madoka looks at Kiyomi with tears in her eyes and smiles warmly at her.

“I think it’s time we take the fight to Yoshimaru!” Aoi cheers loudly.

“Not quite, fools. You need to entertain my followers below first. Prove to me that you deserve to face me again.” He laughs aloud and disappears again in a burst of dark energy.

Meanwhile, on the screen, Ashes is completely naked, enveloped in the substance of Ko. She’s blushing from head to toes with her teeth gritted. “Do…”

“Don’t disgrace the wonderful beautiful body my Kami has granted me!” Ashes yells, and her body tenses despite the pleasure that has racked her body. “We meet again, slime!” Ashes growls. A surge of dark energy wreathes around her body and her body emits a burst of dark energy which blows off Ko powerfully. She splatters all over everything in the hospital room.

“He didn’t give me this power and body just to lose to a simple slime again!”

“Follow me and I will grant you your fondest wishes. I’m the newest Kami. Worship me and you’ll have everything. I know your heart, Takeo,” Yoshimaru whispers. “You won’t regret it.”

Takeo shivers as the hideous face of the oni zooms in towards him in his dreams. “You’re a demon!” He yells and bolts upright, sweating from head to toes. He jumps to his feet and runs to his apartment’s window. His heart hammers loudly. He wraps his arms around his enormous nude body, far more muscular than he would like. He looks out the window. “That demon speaks to my heart…” he sighs, gritting his teeth as he looks out the window towards a large mountain. It looms in the distance over the small city.

Takeo walks along a small street and smiles at passersby. They flinch when they see him. His heart withers in his heart. I’m a good person… why can’t they see the true me? His eyes moisten.

He dwarfs almost everyone. At 200 centimeter height, there aren’t many in Japan who can make him feel small like he wishes. Why couldn’t I have been born small like that person? He looks at a small, unassuming man. He offers a warm smile and the expression of the man as he passes looks pasty and weak.

“I-I wouldn’t hurt you! I’m friendly!” Takeo yells. “Just because I’m cursed with this body doesn’t mean I’m a threat!” he cries. The people in the street scurry away as though he’s brandishing a weapon.

“Why… why do they make me out to be a villain?” Takeo sniffles. “Just because I take up a little more space than they do… they think I’m a burden. I don’t want to be this big. I can’t help that i’m some kind of freakish mutant!”

He pads weakly onwards to work in low spirits.

On another day, Takeo walks past a cute boutique and he chews his lip as his eyes lock upon a delicate beautiful wedding dress. He reaches up to touch the window and gaze longingly at it.

The shopkeeper smiles at his customers. When he looks towards the window, spotting Takeo, his warm smile for his customers withers instantly into a blank expression.

Takeo sniffles and then seethes. Why does everyone act like this!? I’ll move to Europe where they’ll respect someone like me! Or maybe I’ll join a basketball team and force them to revere me! His teeth grind. “I don’t want that… I don’t like…” I don’t like playing sports… not really…

He slumps away tiredly.

“I’ll give you everything you ever wished for, your fondest dreams… behold the beautiful body I’ve prepared just for you! Your purity is amazing. You have so much potential. Become my follower and you won’t regret giving me your loyalty.” In his dreams he sees the face of Yoshimaru, but this time his heart beats rapidly and his body squirms as he experiences having the body of a ravishing smaller lovely woman. Takeo’s heart melts and his resistance fades over time.

I’ll follow you forever if you can make my dreams come true… I-I love you, my… K-Kami-sama…

Ashes screams loudly and energy explodes from her body. The room’s door slams open and the rest of the annoying maids troop into the room.

“Can we take this fight outside? It would be a shame if you made a mistake in a fit of anger,” Chie reasons with a furious Ashes, extending her lovely black wings as she takes a pose in her maid dress.

Arisu smiles reassuringly. “It would be for the best. You wouldn’t want to make a scene here,” the cheery catgirl reasons with her.

Kill him. I don’t need her father alive any more. At a crucial moment I will inform her that she’s an orphan officially, Yoshimaru whispers in Ashes ear.

Ashes hesitates and chews her lip as she snarls.

Nyaaaaa! <3 Thanks for reading! I'm sorry that this week won't complete the story. I thought it would be better than skipping a week until New Years, which is when No Face, No Life launches! I hope you'll all lend me your support! *purrs* Again, the link on the below image leads to the thread where I'm updating people on the status of the new novel! <3

9