Chapter 7: Heroes
1.1k 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am Erwin, an retired military officer who found himself in a snowy forest habituated by fantasy creatures, and today is a great day for me. After a long journey, I managed to get my hands on important material. It was worth all the trouble and the dangers I took.

And that valuable material is clay I found on running water. With that, I can finally make more kitchen tools for new recipes. My uncle always said a person's insanity is equal to the quality of food it eats.

****** Today is not the Erwins story, but a young boy from Japan. Who found himself in the same world as Erwin.

"My name is Achi Taginori, and I want to be the strongest hero this world has ever seen!" A young boy started his speech behind a platform. "Friends, no, fellow heroes chosen from other parallel worlds, do your best!"

A big crowd of people began cheering as the boy finished his words.

My name is Achi Taginori, and I was a fifteen years old highschool student from Japan. After a plane crash, I died, but thankfully kind Gods had a different plan for me.

I was a weeb and fan of particularly the isekai genre back when I was in Japan. And I am happy I found myself in this world. That was my biggest wish, to become a hero that can save everyone.

And that's not the best thing. I am with hundreds of different people who came from various parallel worlds. They have similar dreams and interests as me.

God gave all of us gifts as well, from knowledge about the classes to a system to help us the heroes on our quests, and finally, for the best, a weapon blessed by Gods.

The great Emperor celebrated our coming with a party, and we moved to the different parts of the world as groups to train and became strong enough to defeat threats to this world.

We choose different parts of the Empire to train, but after some arguments about who will be going to the barracks near the Elven lands, increased the tension. Emperor randomly assigned to everyone. I got the northern parts of the Empire.

And now I am currently on the north, attending a celebration party organized by a powerful general for our come.

Tomorrow we will be moving to a dungeon for some training. Sadly, the level-up system works differently in this world, and we can only increase our strength by completing quests or achieving feats, but that cannot stop me! I will become the strongest.

******** One day after at the training dungeon.

I slashed my sword towards the skeleton standing in front of me. The blade hit the skeleton's bones but bounced back. "How can a skeleton be durable as this."

"As you see, slashing weapons don't do much damage against a human's skeletal structure. That's why you always carry another weapon for any situation until you learn weapon technics."

The guy talked to right now is our mentor, who is responsible for our training. His name is Takaha, and he is one of the strongest guards in the castle. I hope I can surpass him one day.

"Little help will be good, Takaha sensei." I blocked the attack of a skeleton with my sword.

"I can give you a training program. So you can improve your physic, remember Achi, a weapon is strong as the person who uses them." He is a good mentor, but I still don't understand why I should train like regular people. I can gain strength by completing quests.

"Achi, be careful!"A girl hit the skeleton that was preparing to attack me on the back, knocked it away. "Be careful! It is my third time saying you all this world is not a game!"

"Thanks, Victoria. I will try to!" Victoria is a priestess and an otherworlder like us. She is one year older than me, but she is far more mature than any other hero in our group.

Our group is full of exciting people. We have a lot of class diversity, magicians, assassins, samurais, etc. And everyone is doing their best in the dungeon. But we are still starters, so we are having a hard time as well.

A kid with the katana screamed and dashed towards a monster. "Feel the strength of the darkness surrounding me!" He slashed his katana towards the skeleton, but the blade bounced back from the bone. "How?" He began walking towards the back, but the monster caught the boy and raised his sword to land a slash.

The boy with the katana stopped moving against the skeleton. He almost cried as the skeleton's sword almost landed on him. Thankfully there were people assigned to protect us.

"Be a more careful young hero." A fully armored Knight intervened with the situation. "Or you might get hurt." He bashed his tower shield towards the skeleton, knocked the monster away, then smashed its head into pieces with one strong swing of his war hammer.

Our mentor, Takaha sensei, pulled the boy with the katana away and whistled. "Everyone, that's enough for today. Knights seal the door and escort heroes outside."

Another knight killed the skeleton I was currently fighting and began escorting me out of the dungeon. I wanted to fight a bit more, but we are still weak.

****** Back at the snowy forest, back to our main character.

"This clay pot, that's the best thing I crafted." I raised the clay pot, or the weird thing looking like a pot, to the air. "And this stew is the best thing I ate in this fucking forest!"

After some experiments, I managed to make a clay pot for cooking. Now, I can make soups and other foods prepared on clay pots as well. My options for the food I can cook increased by a lot.

And good things don't stop coming to me today. A stupid group of skeletons decided to attack me, which I killed all of them with ease, but that's not the good part. One of them was carrying a powerful weapon, a polehammer.

Something can stab, penetrate, and crush. Not only that, with its long reach, it is the perfect weapon for me. I am glad there are creatures weak as skeletons exist in this world.

Dear reader. What do you think about the rewritten chapters, compared to the old ones.
  • Meh. Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Old ones were better. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer the new ones. Votes: 10 43.5%
  • You want to say something else, please comment! Votes: 4 17.4%
Total voters: 23
25