Rewritten Chapter 10: Do dungeons have great loot? pt2
748 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I began pushing the spider-graved iron double door. Its heavy and rusted hinges don't help at all. But nothing I cannot do. As I opened the iron double door to the end, a passage to a big circular room appeared.

"More walking and less talking for me."

Spider webs and corpses decorating the passage, and the unbearable smell adds a flavor to all of that. "It is not a sign of good luck." I directed my polehammer forward and began moving towards the room.

After passing all the goblin corpses, and spider webs, I finally reached the circular room. When I landed my foot inside, a line of crystals suddenly began glowing. Sudden appearing lights dazzled my eyes for a second.

I got over the dazzling and finally had a clear view of the room. "Hill of goblin corpses, skeletons scattered around, and what the hell is that thing!"

That creature. It looks like a spider, but a giant and skeleton one. It has similar anatomy to a spider, eight legs, two fangs at front for biting. I also see two front legs with sharp-looking edges that I assume it uses for piercing things.

Except it has bones instead of flesh, this giant spider is only a nightmare for people with arachnophobia. For me, it is only a thing that could kill me if I act too careless, like a lot of things in this forest.

"Now, let's see who's the stronger friend. Human against the Spider, flesh against bone. Come to me with all your strength!" I hit the ground with my polehammer and made a challenging sound.

Spider accepted my challenge with a screech (I don't know how it made that sound, but a creature making sounds without vocal accords is the last thing I will be surprised in this world.) and leaped forwards in front of me. I strike my polehammer forward to its head.

It shook for a second, but my attack was not powerful enough to stun it. Skeletoın Spider got to itself, then charged forward and knocked me down.

Before it bit me with his fangs, I reached for my mace and slammed it towards the spider's face. "Get away from me! Your mass of calcium and spider web."

My attack stunned the Skeleton Spider, so I kept striking. With both of my hands, I landed hits after hits to its head.

Skeleton Spider is moving backward, trying to escape from my attacks, but I won't stop putting pressure.

I kept hitting and hitting. I won't let the Skeleton Spider go!

After some beating and constantly trying to push the spider back, it finally got to itself and charged forward. "Fuck!" I shout.

The monster screeched and leaped back.

"What will you try right now." I began moving away from it. "Shit." I pressed on something mushy, a goblin corpse.

It explains why the entrance was a bit open and all the goblin corpses inside.

While the goblin corpse took my attention, Skeleton Spider charged towards me with its front leg in the air, ready to strike.

I escaped the first attack, coming from its left leg, but the second attack almost hit my shoulder. "You are getting faster." I wish I did not anger this thing.

Spider kept leaping and striking forward. I managed to avoid some of the attacks and block the rest. "But you are not making anything easier, durable, fast, and deadly. Do I even have a chance?"

Spider leaped forward one more time. It tried to dash forward and bit me with its fangs. I barely dodged that. "You son of a," I rolled away on the ground, next to a goblin corpse.

I looked at the goblin's corpse. "Somehow, I got an idea." I grabbed the corpse and threw it towards the spider.

In the blink of an eye, the spider stabbed the corpse that was still in the air. Goblin corpse stuck on its front right legs tip. "Now we are talking." I grabbed another corpse and threw it towards the spider, it did the same, and now both front legs are unusable because of goblins stuck on them.

"I hope I won't regret this." I dropped my polehammer and began running towards the spider with all my speed. When I come to the bitting range, I jumped forward and landed on the Skeleton Spider's top.

The spider began jumping back to front, hitting its body to the walls, but I won't lose this rodeo. There are holes on the spider's back. I use these holes to keep myself at the top and not fall.

"It seems like I won this rodeo, my friend." I began hitting the spider's weak points with my mace.

Its legs connection points, a soft bone mass on its forehead. "It won't take too long." The sound of iron colliding with the bone is echoing inside the circular room. Spider screeches and my war cries are acting as the salt of this soup of chaotic sounds.

I began hitting towards one of the connection points of the spider's legs. "Don't worry. I began seeing some cracks." With one last powerful strike, I managed to break one of the spider's legs and caused it to trip.

Both spider and I rolled on the ground. "Shit." I began running towards the polehammer. I dropped to the ground. "I won't try my chances to ride this spider one more time."

The Skeleton Spider is currently trying to rescue its legs from the goblin corpses stuck on its legs. "Don't keep your eyes away from me." I charged towards the spider with my polehammer and landed a blow to its forehead.

Bones shattered around, and Skeleton Spider began screeching in a deafeningly loud sound. "I can feel the pain in your screams, but if you got a bit louder, I might even begin physically feeling it!"

I strike my polehammer one more time and finally crushed the Skeleton Spiders' head. Screams stopped, and the monster collapsed for good after one last desperate try to get up.

"Finally." I let my body fall. "I can rest for a bit."

Two screens appeared in front of me as I lay on the ground.

[Feat Achieved: Monster Rodeo.

Physical attributes slightly increased.]

I closed the first screen by swinging my hand. Now time to look at the second screen.

[Dungeon boss killed.

Physical attributes slightly increased.

The user's navigation ability slightly increased.

Basic translation passive ability gained.]

Good, especially the translation skill.

I heard a sound. "One of the walls, it is moving." A secret door appeared! I got up from the ground and began running towards the newly opened secret passage.

"Let's see what we have here." I began inspecting the small room at the end of the secret passage. "Some coins, rusted weapons (useless), and a wooden chest.

Voice began talking. "It is recommended to search for the chest's key for a greater loot." Well, that might be a good thing to finish my small adventure.

"But I don't want to." I began hitting the wooden top of the chest with my polehammer. "I can always use brute force against the wood." I landed one more hit, and a hole big enough for me to tear the rest of the chest with my hands appeared.

After I finished tearing most of the upper part of the chest, I finally got my hands on a pair of armored gloves with spider gravings on them. "I guess it suits the theme."

Gloves sizes were adjustable, so size didn't cause a problem. "Do they have an ability, or do they only look cool?"

A screen appeared.

[New equipment gained! Spider gauntlets.

Rarity: Rare.

Ability: Increases user's grip strength by ten times.]

"I want to test that." I pulled some nuts out of my pack. "I needed something else to crush their shells. Now, what I can do with these gloves." I began pressuring a single walnut with my left hand.

I heard a crack sound the second after it. "Impressive."

22