Chapter 24: Surprise Ally And Incoming Danger
456 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stop acting like you don't know. I am just surprised to see someone from our world."

Well, she already knows, and I don't have much choice, and the best one seems to be to answer her.

"I have my reasons, but what do you mean by our world? I am pretty sure all these people looked liked ordinary humans.

"Alternative universes. They exist. I will give some examples. Achi comes from a world where japan never nuked, the guy with katana comes from a world where world war three never happened, etc."

So, the situation is more complicated than I think it is. Gods are not only abducting people from the world but worlds in different universes.

"I understand that, even though I don't want to, but what is so important about us sharing a common world."

She giggled. "Others may not now, but I know the evil we sent to defeat also sent to this world just like us."

Did my mask get down this fast?

"Thank you for confirming my theory, but I don't care about revealing your secrets. I cannot do that to my national hero, can't I?"

She got up from her chair and took a military stance. "It is an honor to see you in person once again, honorable Wolf."

"Please sit down and don't create any problems. I am not a hero like you guys. Remember your theory."

Victoria smiled and sat back. "Sorry, but I only wanted to thank you, I missed my chance last time."

What last time?

"You might not remember my face, but do you remember the raid? Right? After all, it was you, mister Wolf, who saved my life on that terrorist attack."

"So, you were there that day. I don't like talking about that raid. Even though the media said it was a success, many kids died that day, and I didn't manage to save them."

The attack she is talking about is famous and well known in our country. It triggered the biggest offensive our country ever took in the war.

A terrorist group supported by our enemy took a whole school as hostages, demanding the release of some of their captured military officers.

Victoria patted my shoulder. "We can talk later, especially after the meal."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There wasn't much of a problem in the meal other than some hubbub created by kids.

Small talks happened, people exchanged stories, and I left the building thirty minutes after the meal finished.

It was late at night, but the tavern was still open.

People were singing songs, drinking beer, fighting, and fainting because of the alcohol.

There was joy in the air, a type of joy I desired for a long time. Sadly, I am too tired to join them.

When I opened the door of my room. Fluffy was sleeping in a corner.
There were some plates with leftovers over them next to him.

So, they feed animals that are a company with you too, and it appears that they served him well looking at the remainings.

I dropped my sword and jumped to the bed. It has been a long time since I slept on a bed.

I closed my eyes left my soul into the softness of the bed.

"Side effects of overusing abilities will occur in five seconds. One may feel muscle pain, hunger, tiresome, headache, etc."

And I was wondering why my dear friend (Voice) didn't say anything for the whole day.

It was waiting for my most relaxed time to spoil me.

Guess I will do what everyone else in my situation will do. Drink till I forget the pain in my back.

I moved to the first floor. "Olie, prepare me something strong!" I shouted my order as the crowd cheered me.

I guess it wasn't just for Ruckus.

*****

I woke up in the morning because Fluffy was hungry and wanted me to find him food.

I have a wolf who's almost big as me whimpering for food, and some people say there is nothing such as luck.

I washed my face and moved to the first floor. Olie was serving his first customers in the morning.

I sat at one of the tables, and Fluffy sat on the ground next to me.

A short time after, one of the waitresses came to take my order. "What can I give you sir," she smiled.

"A breakfast for one and a half and meat for the dog."

She happily nodded and patted Fluffy from his head before going to another table.

Five minutes later, a face I recognized from last day entered the tavern.
It was the priestess from before. She looked around until she found my table and began to move towards us.

"May I sit?" She asked.

"Take a chair. Now, what are you doing here."

She sat on the chair in front of me. "First, I want to ask some questions, and secondly, Achi got in a fight middle of the breakfast and caused us to get kicked from the restaurant we were supposed to eat food. I am both hungry for food and answers.

She raised her hand. "Breakfast for one!"

"Your companion, Achi, is there something wrong with that kid?"

She sighed. "I can understand you because that's a world you probably shouldn't be inside."

What does she mean? "The world I shouldn't be inside."

"I am only explaining this once, so listen to me carefully. The world we inside have some fantasy elements, as you know, and opening eyes in a world like this is the dream of lots of people."

"And?"

"So when gods choose people like us to be something we couldn't how hard we try, we become excited. Well, Achi got too excited, but don't get me wrong, he is a good guy and maybe too pure for the world. He also spends most of his time training."

She smiled. "Achi always tries to help when someone calls for it, and he always tries to challenge strong people."

To make conservation more friendly. "So, Achi is the boy you are interested in?" I teased her a bit.

She blushed but didn't change her tone. "No, Achi is more like a person you want to follow. He is a little childish but friendly and heroic."

Our servings arrived. The food given to me was pretty standard, but I can't say the same for Victoria's.

Her food looked more like something you give to a noble.

"Now, I'd like to ask my question. How did you manage to hide from our guides? Gods said we should be able to spot enemies in one look, but it doesn't work for you."

I took a bite from sausages served in my breakfast. I didn't have an answer to Victoria's question.

"I don't know, far as I know, I selected as next lich, but a problem caused me to not being a full lich, but someone with same abilities as a lich."

I couldn't explain that any worse than that.

"So, you also don't know anything about it. I still have some suspicions, but the story seems to be right."

Now it is time for me to ask the questions.

"But I have another question, why did gods choose random people and turn them into monsters. Why people other than heroes don't have a chance to change their fate, etc."

I finished chewing my food and gulped it.

"I may have an answer. Gods need someone to play enemy, but choosing the same teenager with dreams of living in a fantasy world was too boring for them, so they decided you will make a great villain for their game, a highly skilled and renowned veteran soldier."

Well, I don't know what to say.

"Then to my next question, are you evil?" Victoria's questions weren't ending.

"My situation is a little complicated, as my transfer was a little buggy, I didn't turn evil, but I still carry the curse. You can say I am what I want to be for now."

"What curse?" She asked.

"Curse of the Lich," I said with a quiet voice. "Gods wanted a Lich for their next villain. Well, they didn't get it tho."

Victoria was still confused ."Empire said they are currently in a war against demon kingdom because something is gathering them together."

I chuckled. "Then Gods already found a replacement."

"No, now thinking about the history lessons given us in this world, Liches are not a major threat, so they choose you to act as a spice in their next round!"

I sighed. "Then I am happy that Gods won't bother me."

I eat the last piece of my breakfast and put two silver coins on the table before getting up.

"Breakfasts from me, but remember, friend, I am not choosing to be evil, for now, if your little game of heroes and villains goes too far and affects me in any way. Do not expect me to help you."

"I understood that precisely, but I need to find answers too. I don't want to kill for a sadistic entity. That's why I wanted to make a deal with you.
I am a priestess chosen by Gods, and because of that, I cannot understand the somethings in this world, but as a lich, I believe you have a different perspective than us."

"You don't need to talk more, you want to exchange knowledge, so in that way, you may understand the good against the evil theme of this world. Did I understand it right?"

"You took the word out of my mouth. Also, I want you to join us in the dungeon raid. I don't know when it will happen, but I want you to join us." She offered a medallion to me.

"Demon attacks caused adventurers and mercenaries to migrate south, as there is a great chance to gain treasure there. Even the mentor attached to our party isn't with us." She is still holding the medallion.

As the rules of our country said, I should help her because we share the same nationality. When I think about it, pluses are superior to the minuses of joining the raid.

I grabbed the medallion from her hand. "I want you to remember one thing. If anyone learns about the truth, I won't hesitate to kill all of you."

"Fair enough." She nodded.

12