Chapter 29: Harsh Truth
322 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up." A familiar voice of a man said. "This is the second time you came here. You shouldn't make this a habit."

I cannot see anything, but clearly, I am in a different place. Neither the cold winds of the north nor the dry air inside the cave is touching my body. "Where am I?" I asked.

"At the lich council silly," The voice of a girl said, "Don't you been here before?"

Oh, that dreamy place where I can talk with old victims or sell my soul to save my ass.

"Yes, I remembered, but I do not remember your voice. Who are you?" I asked the girl.

She chuckled but didn't answer my question.

"Being mentally unstable is something every lich posses, isn't it?"

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking out loud," I answered her. "Now, tell me what is going on. I am already used to this bullshit."

"Okay!" She happily replied. "But let me open your eyes first."

I heard a clapping sound, and my eyes opened.

The girl I just talked to was standing in front of me.

She looks like an ordinary human at first, but when you look a little closer.
She's not a human. She has claws instead of fingers, wings, and multicolored hair.

"First thing you see is the most beautiful thing in this place," She said with a cheerful voice. "I, Leia the Half Breed, greet you to this land."

She raised both of her hands into the air, and a blue flame burst from her back. That's a warm welcoming, unlike the last time.

"Wait a bit, Leia, let our friend understand the situation he is in" A giant (Almost five meters long) with a gentle voice appeared from nowhere and pulled Leia away.

Different kinds of entities began to show up and circle me. From their eyes, I can see they are examining me.

"Sooooo, what you say. We try to make this place pretty as we can, and I want to hear about your comment too because you know. Long as you don't kill the gods, you will be stuck here just like us."

I won't even ask about the last sentence, but yeah, this place is pretty nice.

Lots of trees, fresh air, the place has no bugs or annoying noises. It looks like a tea garden of a royal.

Smooth stones and soft grass is covering the ground. There are no sharp objects around here, so it is easy to walk with bare feet. Grass doesn't even itch you.

A river with a decorated stone bridge is in sight, and different types of flowers are growing on the veins that cover the bridge. It looks like it is from a fairy tale.

And looking at the all humanoid monsters around me, it feels like Alice in wonderland, especially that particular tea party scene, but yeah.

"What you say, what you say?" Leia began to move around me. She is excited as a puppy waiting to go outside.

"Please," A tall humanoid lizard began talking. "just answer her, and she will shut up." From his voice, I can say he is bored of Leia.

"Pretty nice place, not like the first one I saw, but how did you keep here so nice?"

"Because we are not that trying too hard to be edgy like certain people from the 'Lich council' Well, there is only one place for death Liches to go, but because we are little different from them, we separated this place."

She pointed to enormous fortresses that I can swear that wasn't there a second ago.

"So, am I dead?" I asked.

"No, you are not. At least for now." The gentle giant answered my question.

Lizard began to talk. "But, you can in any minute." The silver knight waiting next to your fainted body is still trying to decide if he should kill you or not.

"I can't blame him. You used a curse in front of him, but you were a good guy, so he is thinking."

"How do you know I am a good guy?" I asked the lizard. I want to know what they know.

"Welll," Leia began to talk. "We can see everything happening to you. Of course, we don't watch when you are taking a bath or so!"

"Well, I will be uncomfortable the rest of my life, but back to the topic. You guys just said my body has fainted, then how are you guys able to see what is happening?"

"We see you in a third-person viewpoint. That's how we managed to see you when you were unconscious." The gentle giant answered.

So, I might learn certain things if they see everything that happened while I am unconscious.

"So, can I learn what happened while I fainted? I think I deserved that after learning my whole private life is under surveillance." I cross my arms.

"First, unknown things killed the people waiting outside, and the knights are dead, the dungeon collapsed, a strange woman wearing priestess dress appeared and teleported heroes away, that Silver knight is thinking."

Leia summed up everything.

I don't care about the details, but why heroes just teleported away confuses me. I should learn more about it.

"So, if it is everything. Can I get up from this dreamy place?" I asked the other liches waiting there.

"No, not before we say something important." All of them said this at the same time.

Giant moved forward. "Boy, you may don't understand the situation, but the mistake made while sending you here gave us the liches a huge chance."

"We all are humans from earth, but do you ever think why we don't look like one?" Lizard continued.

"They put us inside the body of creatures they choose as evils. That's why this big guy is a giant, that's why I am a half-dragon breed, and that's why he is a lizard man." Leia added.

Another lich moved forward. "We know a goddess gave you a kind offer but don't believe in them. As a lich, you are already immortal, and she only wants you to gain power in this world. That's what every one of them wants."

"I got your point. I have a greater chance to do what you couldn't manage to, but tell me, how can I do that? You see how powerless I am right now. I couldn't manage to kill three of the bosses I should kill. I was just lucky or got help."

No one talked.

"See, I don't understand certain things. People want my help regardless of my current state of power. I am not a demi-god. I am only a soldier who's out of his planet, who doesn't know anything about this fantasy world! I am only a man with a past that haunts him."

They are not talking, once again.

"My guide is not working properly. I don't have insane powers. Give a platoon of soldiers I might win a battle, give me enough materials, I might build a weapon, that's all. I am not a unifier, neither a savior."

"We understand your position, but I want you to know one thing. Creatures of this world are suffering under the rules of two races, humans and high elves. Dwarves who are once their allies are only slaves, and all the other creatures are only an experience point for their precious heroes." Leia began to talk.

"We all are only children taken away from their homes to become monsters of these stories, we all tried to resist them, but they corrupted our minds already a time ago."

She was almost crying. "I was so happy that I finally found myself in the fantasy world I always dream about living in one day, but when I was only thirteen years old when they threw me into here and forced me to act as an evil being. Do you think I had a chance, or do you think we had a chance!" She began to cry.

The lizard patted her back and took her somewhere away.

The gentle giant was looking sad. "As you see, we all are sharing the same fate as you, but unlike us, you are sent here as an adult. And not only a simple adult, keep that between us, but we can watch your memories, and Mister Wolf, I am surprised that Gods took the risk of calling you here."

"And they pay for that." I smiled. "You know what, I didn't have a plan for what I was going to do in this place for quite a long time. But if there is even a slight chance of hurting them, I will do it."

The gentle giant smiled as well. "Very well."

He clapped his hands, and I opened my eyes back into the ordinary world (or my new regular world.) I know.

Arthur was sitting on a stone, waiting for me to wake up, but when he sensed that I got up, he directly moved next to me and pointed his sword towards my neck.

"Please, tell me. What are you? Normally I should sense you from hundred meters away, but why didn't I manage to see anything, or why you didn't stab us from the back at all these chances you got. I have lots of questions for you. I might be doing something wrong by sparing your life this long, but at least answer me."

Do I have another chance other than telling the truth?

"I am only telling you the truths, so prepare yourself."

11