Chapter 35: Second Siege part2
235 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your captain can handle a brute. Order your man to keep pushing. Our main objective should be opening the main gate from inside." I ordered a volunteer knight with a badge on his shoulder.

After Arthur and his man managed to climb to the fortress walls, we began capturing the top of the walls.

 We are trying to open the main gates. So my swarm of undead soldiers could stomp the enemy with their overwhelming numbers.

To do that, we must control the room with a mechanism to open the main gate.

"Keep pushing," I shout from the back. "Show these bastards what happens to them when they try to hold you back!"

"Huzzah!" Our knights shouted it together and began pushing the enemy even harder.

Spears of enemy light infantry could not penetrate our knight's plated armors and considering almost every knight on our side has powerful shields. It is just a matter of time for us to reach the main gates opening mechanism.

Still, the enemy shows some resistance.

Not every enemy has a spear in their hands. Some brave idiots are trying to kill our knights with blunt weapons or try to pull them in with billhooks.

I rather sacrifice my undead soldiers than a human knight, so even at that rare moments, an undead knight jumps in front of the human knight and sacrifices himself.

Thanks to these small sacrifices by the undead, our knights slowly but steadily pushing the enemy.

Sadly, I am not inside that formation, and the best I can do is throw some ice and shout for emotional support.

"Let's see what my main forces are doing." I looked down to the castle walls.

My undead soldiers are trying to penetrate the castle walls, but their numbers are going down. I need to do something.

"YOU!" I screamed to a random skeleton on the ground.

 It is trying to block enemy arrows with its shield.

 "Go bring your giant friends and explosives." 

Skeleton tried to nod his head as a yes while still hiding behind his shield.

 "And be fast! Go!" I shouted one more time, and the skeleton began running towards the siege camp.

"Now, what Arthur is doing." I looked towards the flat and empty space in the middle of the fortress, where Arthur and the fortresses leader are fighting.

Everything seems normal there, Moge the Destroyer, or whatever the hell his name is constantly swinging his flail around, trying to hit Arthur with it.

"Your bloodlust is nothing against my iron skin." He shouts.

Arthur didn't even respond. Of course, I am not counting dashing towards his head with a sword as a response.

"Taste my iron furry!" He swung the giant piece of metal tied to iron chains towards Arthur.

My shining friend dodged the heavy object with ease. Of course, he will. Arthur is faster than anyone I know, but what impresses me most is the damage fail did to the ground. It opened a space big enough to plant a tree.

I doubt even my giant skeletons could survive an attack like that, but since sir shining is fast enough to dodge the attacks, I do not need to worry about him.

"Keep dodging his attacks, and remember if it hits you, it will turn you into paste!"

But my words of courage almost caused Arthur to get tackled by Moge.

"Sir, you want to look your back too!" A volunteer knight shouted to me.

I turned my head back and saw why he shouted. "I don't know how did you see that, but thanks." 

A group of fifty enemy light infantrymen is coming to circle our knights.

I am not going to try to hold them all by myself. "Knights who are not in the frontline, come here." I alerted my undead knights.

Only twelve of them managed to leave the shield wall and join me on the back. "Not much of you guys, but enough for me."

I pointed the enemy with my hand. "Charge, and leave none of them alive." I let my undead knights pass me and be the first ones to attack the enemy.

These knights are the ones I raised in the last fortress, so they are still part human are this makes them stronger than skeleton troops.

Also, their armor makes them hard to kill because their two weak points, brains, and hearths are safe from most attacks.

That's why they are the perfect walking shields, but twelve of them won't be enough to stop the enemy.

That's where I come in hand. While the enemy is circling and killing my poor knights, I can cut them one by one. At least in the plan.

"Let's do this," My sword began glowing red once more. "It will hurt later, but it is worth it." I dashed to the closest enemy.

The enemy opened his mouth. "When did-" My sword pierced his neck and created a hole that I could see behind.

"Let the fun begin." I activated two more crimson blades and dashed to the closest enemy. Time slowed again.

"Golden opportunity." I looked around while thrusting my sword inside the unlucky bastard's mouth.

I have four targets I could choose to attack before time began moving at its regular speed.

Two light infantrymen are standing on my left, one has a short sword, and the other has a mace, but none was wearing a helmet.

That means ice projectile to the throat could kill one, and I could take the other guy out simply by using my sword.

But, to the right, a man is grabbing javelins from a quiver on his back. If he doesn't target me, there is no need to kill him right now.

For last, there is an infantryman with slightly better armor and a longsword on his hand. I believe he is the captain of the enemy group.

Killing him should decrease enemies morales, but will they even notice I killed their captain in the chaos of war.

I chose the ranged infantry.

I dashed towards the javelin thrower. Time was still slow, but it could turn normal at any second.

Man's face turned from a war cry to a mix of surprise and terror. "How did you- When did you come next to-

"Why all of you guys are talking too much." I stabbed him from the chest.

"I hope your blood is easy to remove." I pulled out my sword from his chest and left the man alone in his final seconds.

I still have seconds before all enemy troops notice me, so let's use this time to my best.

"You three will do good." I horizontally slashed my sword towards the three light infantrymen standing side by side.

A beam of energy flew and shook them as it hit the enemy.

I dashed towards the closest enemy and stabbed him from the chest before he managed to block my attack. "Try to act faster next time." 

I continued my attack by thrusting my sword under the next guy's jaw. It cut through his mouth and almost reached the brain.

Still, it was enough to kill him.

"Bastard!" The last guy screamed and slashed his ax towards me. "I will kill you!"

"What, a slow attack. It doesn't carry any strength in it." I blocked his attack with my sword. "My friend, you need to do better than that if you want to kill someone. Here let me show you how you do it."

I swung my sword with incredible speed and almost hurt my arm while doing it, but I slashed my sword towards the connection point between two bones on his arm and cut it clean off from his body.

Both half of his arm and the ax he was holding began flying into the air. I grabbed the ax from the flying hand.

"See." I quickly slashed the ax towards his head. He wasn't wearing a helmet, so I split his head into two with his ax.

"Now, see who is the next. I looked at a spearman. Only a few meters away from me. "Good."

Spearman is almost crying. "Stay away! Stay fucking away!" He has no will to fight, I can say that, but who wouldn't. First undead began to siege the fortress you live in, then a random guy butchers three of your friends in seconds.

His legs are trembling, I can see drips of sweat on his body, and I can see he is not holding his spear tight enough.

"If you ever take one more step, I will kill you!" He tried to act like he wasn't scared.

"I want to see you trying that." I began moving towards him.

"You wanted this." He screamed and began thrusting his spear forward. He is acting like a child with a stick trying to keep wild dogs away from himself.

I moved a bit to the left to dodge his attack, and before he even stretched his arms for another attack, I dashed towards him and grabbed his spear.

"I mark your death." I thrust my sword into his chest and killed him.

"Who wants to be next." I snapped my fingers, and a piece of ice began floating over my fingers.

"Disgusting undead." I heard a voice. "Didn't you already take enough lives, but no, you creatures are never satisfied with the blood you spilled but don't worry, I will stop you." A man in cleric rob showed himself.

Even though he looks like he is only wearing a cleric rob, I can see armor plates behind it.

But armor is not the only thing that worries me, the guy is a giant, not a real one, but he is at least two meters long and probably weighs more than 120 kilograms.

"In the name of the goddess of sun and light. Iather."

"What an ugly name for a creature that calls itself god." I teased the cleric.

 "I, the holy servant of Iather, shall bring the unquestionable punishment of her down to you." He pulled out a maul with engravings and gilds on it from his back.

"Do your best, but to your knowledge, I am not scared of you or your stupid little goddess," I shout back to him.

"Clean your mouth before even using the word god, undead scum!" Cleric shouted with anger.

Now, I angered him.

He raised his maul to air and hit the ground with it. "You will like that." A holy light began appearing from the cleric's weapon.

Holy light is hurting my undead minions, but the best it can do to me is dazzle my eyes.

"Is this the best you can do?" I began taunting him. "If your best is that, then you are not even worth the time I will spend to kill you!" I create another ice projectile and shoot it to the cleric who is still standing.

Ice projectile exploded right next to his face and damaged his eyesight.

Cleric stopped his light trick and dashed towards me with his maul at a speed that looks impossible for a man in his build.

"Damn you!" Cleric was angry. "If my holy light is not enough to kill you, I will finish your pathetic existence with my hands. See that as an honor!" He began swinging his maul towards me with great strength.

9