Chapter 41: Lich King is Here!
233 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is morning, at least according to my biological clock, and we survived our first day inside the ancient Dwarven city.

It made me think something. The forest I survived was already full of dangers waiting in every corner, but I never felt that free in my life.

If I can get my hands on some good gear and somehow remove the collar from my neck, I can easily survive in here.

I got up from the ground and turned towards the group of prisoners. "People, I know it will be sudden, but I think about it, and I say I rather die trying to survive here than being a slave!"

All of them turned their heads towards me. Their faces were saying, are you a mad man? But, I know the thing to break their fear of this place.

"Everyone! I know I sound a bit crazy right now, but look, we killed a monster just yesterday and ate proper food after a long time. I know the risk of dying is much more down here, but can you call having no freedom living?"

I got up from the ground and opened my arms.

"Look at us! We are already dead! What do you think will happen after we finish our quest. Do you think they will let us live?"

Everyone began seriously thinking about it.

I grabbed my collar and began shaking it. "I have nothing. You have nothing. What will you do when you come back to the labor camp. Even if they gave you your freedom, what will you do? You dwarf, do you have somewhere to go? Or you two! Did they leave anything for you to live a normal life again?"

Now, with one more speech, I can finally break the fear placed inside their head.

I began shaking my collar more violently. "Talking about me, I lost my powers. I lost my weapons, and I lost my arm. I have no family or a place to go. I lost every troop I had, and I got betrayed while trying to protect the throne!" Collars broke and flew from my neck.

Everyone gasped, and I waited for my death. As everyone said, collars will kill their wearer when removed forcefully.

I waited with them as well, but nothing happened, so I began laughing while using every power I had.

"Ha! You stupid dogs! Removing collars causes death, my ass! They scared you so much, none of didn't even try. Remove your collars, all you scared dogs. Today is the day we get our freedom back."

They began trying to remove their collars.

But meanwhile, I used any spell I had. The different colored bars, the voice constantly warning me about the loss of my limb.

It has been only a month, but I can't describe how much I missed all of these things.

A new screen opened in front of me.

New quest: Find the tomb of the first Dwarven king.

Reward: Increase in every stat you have.

I closed the screen, and a new one opened.

A feat achieved: Survive the certain death!

Given reward: Increased physical attributes, more control over undead, low-level fire spells are open.

Spark: Shoot a ball of fire that explodes on impact.

Cost:20 mana.

Burnscreen: A skill that increases the user's fire resistance when activated.

Cost: 50 mana per four minutes.

Fire spear: With a high mana cost and five seconds of concentration, the user creates an explosive fire spear with high damage output.

Cost: 800 mana.

I closed the new screen.

Now, I am sure that I can survive. The only thing I need to get my hands on right now is a proper weapon, and who knows, I might even start a revolution.

I turned towards the four other men still trying to remove their collars. "What did took so long for you guys to remove your collars."

"Talk for yourself, you beast!" Brick talked. "How fucking strong you are?" He is still trying to remove his collar.

"Well, let me try it." I moved next to the Bricks and grabbed his collar, but he stopped me.

"I know removing the collar won't kill you, but I don't have any magic skills, and I don't think my neck will be sturdy as yours. Let's keep it, for now, okay?"

Everyone joined Bricks. No one wants to hurt their neck. "Okay, but if you ever want to remove your collar later, I won't be removing it."

Every single one of them nodded. "Good. Now, everyone, go eat something, and we will be searching for weapons today."

We finished packing up our equipment and ate some of the food given to us by wardens. It tasted even worse after eating the Mud walker meat.

Everyone, except me, grouped outside the building we slept. I am searching for something that can break or penetrate the armor of the Mud Walkers, but I am not lucky today.

"Alert!" Voice said. "Several enemies are approaching."

I climbed to the house's roof and looked around. Three Mud Walkers we're coming towards us. Thankfully my group is aware of that and ready for battle.

"Erwin, I don't know if you found anything useful upstairs, but we need help right now!" It was Bricks who shouted for help.

"I can see the creatures coming, don't you worry."

I moved to the first floor and jumped out of one of the windows, as the house wasn't that high, so I landed smoothly on the ground.

"I will try something. Will you guys stay still for a second?" I moved towards the Mud Walkers.

I am trying to challenge the alpha Mud walker amongst the three. It is the ugly one in the middle.

"I challenge the strongest of you," I shouted. I doubt creatures understood anything from my words, but the big bug in the middle took my shout as a challenge, and screeched with all its power, and began charging towards me.

"Let's see how strong these new spells are." I closed my hand and began focusing.

The mana flowed through my body and reached my hand. I felt some heat on my hand. A fire is slowly growing and transforming into a spear.

But, I hope that spear forms in close time because the creature is running towards me, and if the spear does not finish in time, I will be dead.

The creature almost closed the distance between us. I must do something fast.

Big Mud Walker opened his mouth and began screeching as it almost reached me.

"Idiot." I smiled.

Fire spear is ready to shoot.

I stretched my arm and threw the spear towards the creature's mouth.

Spear exploded inside the creature's mouth, destroyed its head, and the impact knocked the creature's body away from me.

"That was easier than I thought." I moved towards the headless body of the big bug lying on the ground. "What you say, Bricks? can we eat its chest meat?"

Everyone was in shock, including the other Mud Walkers.

But Bricks was the first one to recover from the shock. "Yes, I believe the answer is yes, but I still need to inspect it properly."

"Good," I said. "Now, coming to you two." I began creating another fire spear.

The last fire spear consumed half of my mana.

I need to scare them away because I don't think I can land another lucky shot inside the mouth.

I want to collect the meat of the creature lying on the ground with peace.

Mud walkers screeched one more time, but as the spear on my hand grew, they first stepped away then began running.

"And never come back," I shouted and threw the spear after them. "So, is anyone okay?" I asked the members of my group.

"We are okay," Grumps talked while moving towards me. He grabbed my hand and began inspecting. "These are not hands of a wizard, but that raw magic power. Can you tell us what you are?"

"I said what I am, just a necromancer, Bricks, we are passing meat of this one. I found a better use for it." I raised the Mud Walker with a necromancy spell.

Thankfully, a single creature didn't require much mana from me.

Now, I am all out of mana. Still, the powerful companion we gained is more than worthy enough, even though it is headless. But all the skeletons I encountered before also had no eyes either, so I assume undead sees the world with something else.

But, something ticked into my head. My acts don't matter in this world. I am stuck inside here, and even after my death. There is no guaranteed peaceful afterlife for me.

So, I have nothing to lose, so why shouldn't I try to change something?

"And before I forgot, let me say this for one time. I am the Lich King Erwin. I am the one chosen by the Goddes of Mercy. I am the Lich with no curse, and I will be the man who will conquer the North!"

I activated the ability I got from the giant wolf.

"Now, are you with me or not." I climbed the top of the Mud Walker I only raised from death and looked towards the four other prisoners.

"I know, brothers. I might sound ridiculous, or my words could be hard to believe, but yes. I am the next Lich King, while there aren't many who know this secret, but all of the north will learn when I conquer this fortress and free everyone inside."

9