ol’ reliable
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I've been in this small town for about two days already, and I have decided to get a pack mule. It's a great cover for my abilities, in which i can bake anything from literally anywhere, and to hide my car. I have realized tat a motorized cart like mine might be out of place and I do not  believe I am that strong, so keeping it in the storage is the only way for now.

I have one weapon that can protect me, which is my Baguette Sword, A really, really, really dry old baguette that I would whack slaking off employees with, but once I utterly mutilated a robber with it no one slaked off again! This was a time before I started my traveling bakery, but it has been my trusty weapon ever since. I decided to appraise it, as it is my Ol' Reliable.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ol' Reliable (Baguette)

Classification: Weapon: Sword/Club (Food)

Info: A bread so dry and hard even mold can't effect it, over time it got increasingly inedible, but if one managed to take a bite it would taste like well, really crunchy bread, but the crunch would be your teeth.  Special Effect: Indestructible.

+2 to Strength and Endurance

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Well that's cool I have a set then, with Ol' Reliable's buddy wooden pot lid shield, I am invincible! Well enough joking around I will be leaving this town soon, I was going to leave regardless of if I had enough money or not, because it's easy to get sentimental if you stay in one place for too long. I have a decent amount of silver now, mainly due to the mayor, the rich looking dude from day one, would buy all of my sweets for his family, as well as letting me on some info of this village. 

So this place is frequently raided by wolves and goblins and every week the town has to hire either Magicians or Pugilists from the adventurers guild to deal with them. So I decided to leave with my mule a few days before the attack as I want to avoid the battle. If you think I should be some sort of hero, fuck no to that, to big of a responsibility for some baker like me. Even if I could drop my car on them, I am still not doing it. 

I also bought a stone slab so I can use my Bake skill on the road and I am going to try to make some crackers and chips. So after loading up my mule I decided to up and leave immediately. Thankfully I was able to get a map from the mayor, and off I go!

 

 

3 hours into my journey...

I was thinking about it, but can't my bake skill also be a fast acting curse? Because from testing it seems to act like sort of an oven heating up the air around the target until it hits the temperature I want. I haven't tested distance yet, but I'd rather not as I would hate to see the effects. Just the image of it is nauseating. 

On the bright side, I have successfully figured out my storage skill almost completely and made crackers! My storage skill has two uses; One; It can store objects, that one was expected. Two; it can either freeze time for the object or just hold it with time still flowing. Do you have any idea what that means?! I can make as many dough's as I want and I will always have ready dough on hand! this is incredible!

Plus these crackers are really good, I seasoned them with salt and a little Italian seasoning and it is super good. I made a decent amount for both me and some to sell later, because I was bored I just up and decided to appraise my crackers when I came upon something interesting. 

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Seasoned Crackers

Classification: (Mystic) Food

Info: A bunch of crackers that taste amazing, will also increase the consumers Agility by 3 when consumed. Wears off in 12 hours, can be stacked up to a increase of 10 in Agility. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Well it's no wonder why I didn't realize it, I am riding this mule not walking so I wouldn't notice the increase in speed, but after an ingenious idea I came up with to get to our location faster. I do the ol' carrot and stick maneuver, accept I let the mule eat some of the crackers to increase our speed a few times. I decide to check on the mule's stats to see how much faster we are going. 

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Old Mule - Unnamed - 

Classification: Animal

Info: A reliable mule used to be ridden on or to transport supplies.

Stats:

HP: 10/10

Strength - 18 (-10 due to weight)

Dexterity - 4

Endurance - 30

Agility - 20 (+10 due to Mystic Food)

Intelligence - 5

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wow! this makes it so that the mule goes twice as fast as before! We will reach town in a jiffy them! Off we go!

 

2 more hours later. 

So I am still bored, as much as i like baking it is hard to make stuff on the mule and I don't want to take to many breaks too, though when I do I always make some dough to rise and rest in my dimensional space, So I have a big stockpile. Now that I have plenty of different dough to choose from what should I make next?

There are so many things but I decided to go with making soft pretzels. I pull out a rested dough and begin to shape it into the shape I need. Then I pull a stove out of my storage space and begin to boil some baking soda water, boiling them for around half a minute before I place them on the stone slab. I had used my skill on the slab making it stay at the correct temperature to bake these pretzels which would take around 15 minute to cook. I felt my skill turn off and the pretzels were done! I decided to appraise my work. 

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Soft Pretzel with Salt

Classification: (Mystic) Food

Info: Some Slightly salted pretzels that are extraordinarily soft and chewy, Increases Dexterity by 4 for 12 hours, can be stacked to 10.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

I don't even care that my Dexterity is going up these are the best pretzels I have made by far, I wonder what makes them Mystical?

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mystic: Given when something has been imbued with Spiritual Points, stat booster. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

What are the other two then?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Enchant: Grants Spell boosts

Super: Grants Skill boosts

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Ah I see, so my Spiritual Points get imbued into my food, making it mystic and then it grants stat boosts. I guess Enchant is when you imbue something with Mana Points, and Super when you imbue something with Aura Points. Well thats nice, I guess I can raise my prices, but it is getting dark so I better set up camp for me and Jeremy. Yep I just named my mule. 

 

In the middle of the night...

I wake up to the sound of wolves howling in the distance, as well as some clanking noises I hear a distance away. Climbing out of my tent I check my surroundings to see a fight in the process. It seems an adventurers caravan is fighting a pack of wolves and unluckily for me some of them are retreating in my direction. Maybe If I keep quiet they won't see me.

Nope, they noticed me and are circling my small camp, pulling out Ol' Reliable I wield her with two hands whacking any wolves that come close. I don't whack very hard as I am trying to get the wolves away from me, and I am not trying to kill them. Sadly, my whacks seem to make the wolves attack and I have to do something drastic to scare them off. 

I use my Skill Bash Lv.1 on a wolf with my Baguette (Club?), and immediately their heads cave in. It's super gross but squinting my eyes I continue to use the Bash skill on the wolves until I hear and see no movement. When I finally build up the courage to open my eyes all the way I am surrounded by the sight of like 20 wolves in a circle around me as with smushed something or other, mostly heads. 

Being the optimist I am I think of all the meat I suddenly have, I can make meat pies and sandwiches and... bluergh.. I think I vomited in my mouth a little. It's hard to think about food when you are surrounded by dead animals. The adventurers caravan starts coming in my direction. 

"Did you do this all by yourself?"

"Yeah..." I squeak

"Wow, I'm impressed really we thought we were far away from you but sorry that the wolves still came in your direction. It seems you took care of them quite alright yourself though."

"Oh, uh, thanks."

"So what's your class? Must be Berserker or something to cause this much damage. Though your kinda small"

"...baker..." I whisper

"Wait what?" the man's face kinda does a weird gasp but also trying to keep his calm demeanor. 

"I'm a baker."

"How did you...?"

"I'm pretty strong for a baker."

"What level are you?I can understand if you are high leveled."

I didn't know how high high-leveled would be so I just told him my real level that was displayed by my status, because I had leveled up a few times. 

"I'm Level 4."

His face did another gasp but this time his mouth stayed open.

"How old are you, did you get your class reset or something?"

"Hey it's rude to ask for my age."

"Oh yeah, sorry, but why are you so low leveled?"

I decided to make up a pretty good excuse for these kinds of scenarios, time for it to come in handy.

"Well technically I was a noble that was kinda imprisoned in my castle because of my Class. I managed to escape and decided to make my class work as a traveling baker."

"Oh, well that's kinda sad, is anyone looking for you then?" 

"I hope not. I never want to go there ever again."

"I see, I see, bad memories huh, well anyway thanks for taking care of these many wolves! Here," He game me a small bag and once I opened it it had 5 gold coins in it. "and if you like we can take care of these wolf corpses for you."

"Oh can I have the meat then? I'll let you guys have everything else."

"That's fine, and thanks again, you really did help by taking out the escaping wolves, if they had gotten away they could have alerted the Wolf King. Although our group is strong it is not enough to take on the Wolf King. Oh and have this too," He hands me a small card. "That's our card the Silver Walkers, an C ranked Group, if you ever need help you can use it to file a request for us personally."

"Oh, thanks then, Well I better get some rest then."

"Have a good night then Miss?"

"Miss Alex, and you should have a good night too."

He tipped his hat and walked away, man what is it with these guys all having top hats? first the mayor now this guy? Maybe I am just... lucky? Who cares, I should just get some sleep.

 

 

2