Arc I: Chapter 22, Decisions and Goals
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

... my head hurt at the thought... I could simply reap the power of Kou, Aikito, or Asashio and be done, or--... No, I am no what I inherited, just because I am a so called Grievous Lady. I will not do something so terrible...

... I still felt concern by what the Apostle said, 'a normal-happy life... maybe.' Just what did the 'maybe' part mean? And, for me to die, why would the truth matter if I did?

Still though... I could just do nothing like the Apostle said... and live a decent life with the wealth from the Shinjii family. 

"... Wait--, where is Pristina?" I took a glance--, where...? Am I...?

... I had nothing with me in this massive castle, Pristina was gone, so all I could do was wander...

I wandered the endless halls; some guards that looked like Holy Knights glanced at me before politely greeting me...? Was the dress of Pristina--, no, the Golden Angel's Dress the reason? I mean; I... looked childish with this dress, much different from my black dress.

I decided to speak out to a passing knight. "Greetings; is it possible if you could lead me to the Holy Magician's room? I need to meet with Asashio." I gave a polite greeting with my request. I looked at the knight who stopped in front of me--,

"The Holy Magician? Of course, follow us--... Angel." A pause from the knight as... he probably saw my hair mismatching with the golden dress. "I do not remember seeing you before Angel, what color would you be Angel?" The Holy Knight asked.

... color...? Well, obviously I was not the Golden Angel... No, maybe I should just use my title.

"Ah, I don't have a color; I am the Grievous Lady." I decided that to the Holy Kingdom soldiers and knights, they won't question or pursue much further. 

"Ah, the Grievous Lady... Of course, it is rare that a Grievous Lady would come to the Holy Kingdom of Astera, along with the other Color Angels, but take my welcome to the Holy Castle Astera." The knight said as the visor he wore flipped open. "I go by Holy Guard Knight Captain Julian Wells of the 2nd. Holy Guard Knights, so our knowledge of the castle is simply a requirement." Ah, I see... I followed the Holy Guard Knight until we came to the... Halls of Angels.

Everything was getting more familiar. "Thank you Holy Guard Knight Julian. I should be able to navigate from here, you--..." Ah, I almost gave out a command... It felt so natural to me, yet... "Apologizes, you may leave sir." I expressed my farewells with him as I left.

Of course from the Halls of Angels, I had an idea where to go; it was just a straight path forward. 

At the end I saw two familiar doors. A large door with various characters, | Magic Amplification | and various Magic related enhancements. On the other door--, well, I guess more an empty arch, the golden light that indicated that a door was there was gone. Perhaps Pristina had some special key that opened or closed the door; though that made me question if her room was even in the castle, or in this world... Ugh, the world I know is so complicated!
... Well, I... decided I shouldn't interfere with their meeting of the Holy Magician. I had no Magic, so I had nothing to learn or do. Plus--... "The Truth; me a Grievous Lady, what...?" What even is everything? I spoke to myself in an attempt to make sense to everything...

"... at the very least I have a name for my shards - Dark Fragments, or Fragments -, and I have an idea where they come from." Killing people... Or at least currently that is how I get them. If I didn't have this seal, who knows just how powerful I could be? I also wondered, he mentioned a Dark Crimson Fragment, and that to get it I needed to absorb the Fragment of a person with strong... life? Magic? Whatever it was, I needed just one. 

I mean--... The eerie thought of me killing one of the three arose before, and now... If I really wanted to, I could... Yet, there was a slight bit of hope that... that I could live this life normally, happily, as a normal person. Even if I live as the Grievous Lady, surely, once upon a time, even the most miserable person lived a happy life?... right...?

I took it to myself to think about, not me, but the me now, me as the Grievous Lady. What was my goal or plan from here on?... my simple answer was to live a happy life, but... Clearly I was sure I would have to fight, fight countless times again. 

Also... surely... Surely there were more to the truth than I think there is. 

... I decided on one thing, I would do all I could to have Kou be happy while trying to seek this Dark Crimson Fragment. Though I steeled myself...

"I have to last, I have to stay me, if not..." If not... who knows what could happen...

1