Arc I: Chapter 26, The Religion of the Apostle
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A modest white church, that fittingly belonged to the other white buildings. Nothing odd, especially considering the entire city of white. An unearthly, unnatural, yet holy pure white. Me and the black cloaked man entered silently.

It... was entirely empty...? It felt eerie, even for me. "You... aren't luring me to do something to me, right...?" I decided to ask whilst I held the thought to Dissipate in my head. Dark Magic shouldn't be able to be canceled out, and my meeting with the Apostle allowed me to break through any obstructions to my Dissipation.

I looked around... There were countless white wooden benches lined up facing the front. In front of me held a massive stained glass art piece and above me was a pure-white mirror. The surrounding walls were the standard Holy Kingdom white. Though the massive stained glass art piece in front... It held some sort of odd feeling, like engrained Magic. I could feel nothing but attraction to that painting. It was a simple elegant design of unknown nature, but it felt oddly familiar. 

... He silently went forward, he kept walking to a podium with a delicate pure-white book... "From this location, stood the two Apostles of this world, from here the world was changed into a world for humanity." The stained glass art piece started glowing--? "Using Fragments of Dark from the other worlds, this world was crafted to become the perfect world, where only humanity lived at the top." 

Fragments of Dark... Something instinctively urged me to look up... There, into the clear mirror, I saw it... A girl glad in a black dress.

"There, the Apostle created the Grievous Lady, a being to defend this world and humanity from conflict. A being gifted with the power of Fragments of Dark, yet... Even with the threat of others gone, humanity grew into conflict." Threat of others... Massive--, No, I knew the words and what they were, somehow... Dragons, elves, and such. "Without a common outside enemy, conflict was the natural path. With the intense conflict, soon this world became the dumping grounds for the nearby worlds to dump their Fragments of Dark, and this world slowly descended to conflict everywhere." 

War... On the mirror above, all I saw was a battlefield filled with fire, bodies, and metal... 

"Even as the Otherworldly Invasion took hold, kingdoms and empires still fought each other." I took a glance at him... He looked down onto the podium--, almost like he regretted something. "Here, the method of peace the Apostle chose - the Angels of Color -, were opposed by the Anti-Apostle Group in the shadows, and there the Successors were created... of course their purpose is long lost, they simply exist as elements of pure-power, but they outmatch the Angels of Color, so conflict continued." 

... I silently knew this was the end of the story... It was shorter than expected. Much shorter; I held expectations for some important events, but no event of note was told... was this really all?

"The truth of the religion is much shorter than the religion's stories. All these tales of legendary stories, heroic tales of the Apostles fight, all myths and legends for a religion for people to believe." He preached--... No, an idea came to mind, if he said all these tales were lies, that could only mean one thing...

"You--... are an Apostle, right?" I asked, thinking about everything... He always said, 'they', suggesting more than one. If he wasn't, perhaps he was something like a close-servant. I found it odd at first at his extensive knowledge, and the way he spoke suggested he was present during such events. Not to mention the intense connection to him the entire time I was with him.

"..." Silence, I readied for a Dissipation in any case... I didn't feel as though he was going to turn hostile on me, but I kept my measures in case. "... Keep to your current task and goals, I will disappear from you from now on; though make sure to return to me again." Huh...? Return to him again even though he said he was going to disappear? 

... That man, he disappeared into nothingness... Similar to my Dissipation, he faded into countless Fragments of Dark. It was both comforting and disturbing that my ability was special ability, but not a unique ability only I held. I couldn't help but shiver thinking of a possibility of fighting an Apostle, or for that matter, a higher figure or being...

"... Alone here... My goal, a Crimson Dark Fragment..." That was all I needed, for... whatever that Apostle wanted.

1