Arc I: Chapter 33, The Northern Country’s Outskirts
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It became quite evident that I left Astera, as the endless beautiful, warm green field filled with flowers turned to a cold harsh green land. All there was was grass with sparse trees, but the chill was quite apparent.

"I... must be near." Denmorr was the the closest city in Kalian to Astera. And, with Kalian, the country was noted for being cold during the autumn and winter seasons, this country remained a steadfast bastion of uninteresting lands. 

My thin black dress would be worthless against the cold... yet... the chill felt oddly reminiscent... Whatever the feeling inside me was, I didn't feel cold, so I felt thankful for this body and the lost memories it held. 

"... No point thinking..." I went forward.

 

----- 

 

Dusk arrived as I continued my travel. The howls of... animals echoed through the darkness. My vision didn't let me down as nothing caught my eye in this dark wonderland of cold. I--... guess I was similar to an animal who excelled at night performances.

Not that there was anything for my abilities to do... I wouldn't be hunting - I didn't ever swear to touch meat my Fragments would kill -, and I lacked outdoor skills, so my night abilities were nothing more than something I had for night combat... not that I desired fighting.

"... Killing..." As soon as I discovered what I was, it made me start to dread that. I knew I would need to keep doing that - fighting, killing -, though... I knew what I was would always lead to killing. I kept my sword close, but knowing that killing was the simplest solution was disheartening. 

I had a little bit more time to keep traveling before I should return.

"Still... a weeks trip in three days..." I muttered as I Dissipated once more. 

I took to my travels again and once again ended in an endless stream of thoughts... 

 

 

 

----- ----- -----

 

 

 

I met with a large-sized town, Denmorr. Though many called it a city as Denmorr resembled a small city. It held no walls, only strong-wooden fences. A simple entrance gate after going around the perimeter of the fence appeared on a road. It seemed as though the business of convoys going through here was less busy--, obviously as I reached here just with the last few lights of the sun. 

"Er--, good evening." I greeted the gate guard to the town. I didn't know how they would feel seeing a lone girl in a black dress come at night, but hopefully they would let me in.

"Ah..." The guard looked at me... Observing him, the armor he wore had a wolf insignia crossed with a pike and wind. The Kalian Coat of Arms insignia. He held a short spear alongside a large, yet light looking shield. "I apologize, entry is closed, please come back next morning." The guard stated.

Well--... Sigh, well, time to dish out my money and commit bribery. "Er, it is an important business--, I need to visit my family for something urgent." I blatantly came up with a lie, but I was sure I sounded sincere enough...? Hopefully 3 gold coins was enough.

"..." The glint in the guards eyes lit, "You may enter, quickly." How easy to tempt the mind of people...

"Thank you for your understanding." I said as I went inside the small gate...

... I could have very easily snuck in, but I didn't want to be a criminal or wanted in any country...

With my entry concluded my night. I did everything I needed to do. I took a few turns to find a secluded place to Dissipate.

0