Arc I: Chapter 34, The Mercenary Leader
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coming back here the following morning, I walked back from the secluded corner I Dissipated from. Looking around--, no, comparing any city or town to Jewels or Astoria would be unfair. This town remained quiet with peddlers and caravans of cargo carriages moving both directions, in and out. 

I had no leads or connections to find just who I needed, so I wandered around and asked the locals of Denmorr. I asked where Mercenaries gathered, and places to rest. I also took the time to check out how the stores of this frontier town. It was pretty obvious this town was more of a living place for those who lived here, and also a passage for people and goods rather than a place goods were sold; so nothing caught my eye.

"Still... where could this First Class Mercenary group be, and why does it have to be it?" First Class Mercenary Groups were rare, and more often than not employed as soldiers or country mercenaries. So they were next to impossible to find, normally.

Well... er--... Sigh, time to keep up my search through the inns, taverns, and places throughout Denmorr. Safety here at Kalian would not be like Astera, but--, well, anyone who dares threaten me would face a wall of Fragments before touching me... So I could be reckless in where I wander and who I ask... Even if doing so would make me get weird glares.

 

----- 

 

"Gyah--!" I cried in frustration alone in a secluded corner away from people here. "It's... impossible..." I had no connections to serve as ways of finding anyone. 

"What is impossible...?" Someone--? "Wait wait, I'm not a harasser, give me mercy." I still kept my distance and wariness even with his words. My Fragments clearly worried him with the aggressive angle the Fragments took, facing towards him. "I--... Are you that girl who was asking around for a Mercenary Group?" Everywhere I go, the locals seems to know everything that happens, I will probably be known as either the Mysterious Girl in Black or Girl in Gold soon...

"Yes--, and...?" I muttered, still wary of the man.

"Follow me, I'll explain things later." The man said... I had no choice and no leads, so this was the best that I had. 

If he did plan anything bad, I could escape or annihilate whoever stood in my way... So, it was a win in my part.

As I followed behind him in the paths and roads of this town, I didn't see anything odd from him or others. I kept a close eye on him whilst also keeping my mind open for quick reactions... Eventually we reached a high-end looking inn. He opened and held the door for me, so I entered the inn. 

Looking around, it looked similar to Jewels de Lapins, but... err--, bigger. It did look a little cluttered, compared to Jewels de Lapin's simplistic feel, but it was unique... 

"Come sit, I'll discuss with you regarding... matters..." He said as he sat to the closest seat. I sat opposite of him, with all my natural etiquettes.

"I am Shinjii Tenshi, pleased to meet you." I greeted with my name... He remained calm and collected, a big difference to how he was at first.

"Than I suppose I should introduce myself, Aether. Unfortunately I am a commoner, though a wealthy one at that." Huh--... 

Kalian and their hatred of Nobles, or royalty... The recent story - compared to the ancient stories of Astera - of the creation of the country of Kalian was basically the overthrow of the Royalty and Noble class by the commoners, creating the Republic of Kalian. Also creating the general dislike of Nobles and those with family names.

"Anyways, I will try to not judge you by your Noble origins, you wish to meet with a First Class Mercenary Group?" He asked.

I nodded... "Yes--, I am... You could say someone sent by the a commissioner to escort this First Class Mercenary Group and the commissioner themselves to their destination." I decided to be honest, this information would give be valuable leverage information--probably,..

"Ah, then you must be that Wind Magici--... though I do not feel your Magic Potential... You didn't buy your way to this commission, right...?" The first thing this guy, Aether, said to me before anything else was him doubting me... I shot him a glare--, "Okay okay--! Nevermind, though I am sure my party would like to see your combat skills before anything else." 

Combat skills--, haha~... "That's--, fine... Show me somewhere and someone, and I will prove your doubts..." '... and take those words of disrespect against me out your mouth'.

"Did... you say something?" Well, let no one ever hear those words I uttered... I denied anything. "Then meet back here next morning." Aether said, ending our basic meeting. I was sure we would discuss more tomorrow.

0