Chapter 2: Reborn?
78 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I don't have any plans on when their will be uploads, but I will try to get a backlog and my ideal situation is 1 or 2 chapters a day. But it will most likely be 1 1500-2500 word chapter a day as an ideal schedule.  Thought that is ideal, my realistic one is 1 every other day. 

 

After losing consciousness the next thing that Samantha felt was an extremely weird one, one that she couldn’t process what had happened, until she realized that she was no longer a woman that was approaching middle age. But instead she was a new born baby. This was shocking even to Samantha, who’s career revolved around things that would be called extremely shocking by most people as she fought unnatural things, like monsters, demons and evil cults that worshiped strange gods in shocking and often gruesome. All of which Samantha had come to think were normal to her. But being reborn after reading a strange book was something that had never happened to her and was something that she never thought could happen. That realization immediately brought her into thought about what just occurred. 

 

 Was it the book that caused this, no it couldn’t have been since I don’t think the cultists would have been able to properly translate it. Maybe it was the cultists themselves as I remember hearing about a spell that the cultists had been using to protect their property. Oh shit that was why I was told to wait to look at it, until the research department had a look at it. I am such an idiot, if only I had listened to the instructions. Though the only person I have to blame is myself. Before I think of anything else I should take a look around. 

 

 While Samantha was deep in thought the doctor that was examining Samantha’s new body to make sure that she was healthy before handing Samantha to her mother. Who was a young looking woman who was in her early 20s. She has light shoulder length blond hair and sharp blue eyes. She could be considered to be extremely gorgeous even without much effort. After she was handed the baby, the doctor went outside to tell the father. While the nurse that was with the doctor stayed by the woman's bed to take care of any needs that she might have. 

 

After a minute a man who was about the same age if not one or two years older at the most entered the room with a joyous expression on his face as he almost ran towards the side of the bed, but he resisted the urge and walked at a brisk pace towards the bed. The man had short but neat brown hair and had green eyes that were as green as an emerald. When he reached the bed half hugged his wife who was holding the baby in her arms.

 

“The doctor said that it’s a little girl.” he asked  , in an excited voice which showed how still in the initial phase of excitement after the baby was born.

 

“Yes, we have a little girl now”. The woman replied happily, not because that she preferred having either a girl since to her it didn’t matter. 

 

“That’s great, now we have to make the most important decision of the day” The man said proudly. “Do you have any ideas or do we have to spend some time brainstorming on a name? 


“Actually I have been thinking of a name, and I think I want it to be Lucia, how does that sound?.” The woman said as if she had already decided on the name for a while.


“That’s a wonderful name. I really like the name and think that it would be wonderful for our little girl.” The man replied with a chuckle.”

 

After that the two of them just stood there and hugged for a bit before the man stood up and left the room to let his wife rest. At the same time, one of the maids that came in shortly after the man entered the room and went to the worm to pick  up Samantha and took her to a crib that was nearby to allow both the new mother and baby to sleep. 


But before the woman could fall asleep the doctor came in and talked for a few minutes to the woman before congratulating her and leaving the residence. The woman then took some much needed rest.

Several days later Samantha, now Lucia, took into account what she had learned over the past several days as well as some basic conjecture on the facts.

 

Well it seems that I have been reborn in the past from the looks of it, though not by much since there is some sort of electricity present. So that means that I haven’t gone that far back in time, from the primitiveness of the lamps, I guess that I have gone back into the late 19th century or maybe even the very early 20th century. Though it is good enough for now, since if I know the ballpark time period, I can start to formulate my plans. So let me go over the information that I have now.  Which is sadly not that much, but one important piece of information that I have learned are my parents' names, which are Karl and Veronica Belladros. I have also learned that they don’t appear to be your every day joe-shmoo. Since the woman besides my mother there wasn't a nurse but a maid that works for my parents. Though I will have to look at that in the future; among many other things but I seem to have nothing but time to speculate but no information to speculate with. 

 

 If one were to look at Lucia they would see a almost new born baby with a face  of something that is deep in thought but at the same time, kind of emotionless but not entirely. Though if Lucia were to have that face when she was Samantha, and her subordinates saw her have that face while sitting at her desk. They would have thought that she made a discovery of a lifetime; one that could win her a Nobel peace prize or that she was starting to go through a midlife crisis. That was how emotionless she looked all day 24/7, was a face then never changed, never smiled, never frowned, never ever showing one hint of what she was thinking of. In some ways, she had perfected the poker face and forgot how to do anything but a poker face. 

 

Though that was bound to start to change, as Lucia had begun a new life in that she had already made one of her goals was to show emotions better than she had been in her past life. Though it isn’t just something that she wanted to do. It was something that she determined that she needed to do, because while it was one thing for her fellow employees of the Agency, who deeply respected her ability, accomplishments and had jobs that exposed them to a lot of eccentric people to which she would sometimes be jumped in with them, even though one could argue that being emotionless is the exact opposite of being eccentric. Though above all of the other reasons, the main reason that it was ok was that some of them had been with her for decades and had gotten used to her personality.

 

But that isn’t the case here for several reasons, one is that it is that while it may be ok a woman in her 40s who spent a decade fighting terrifying creatures from another world as well as crazy cultists who perform shocking rituals to express barley any emotions. It is another for a child to do so, since there isn’t any reason that they would have. It will secondly make it harder to interact with normal people if they can’t tell what Lucia was thinking.

 

So Lucia thought that it would be a good goal to set to improve herself and one small step towards overcoming her inability to not express emotions but also to help her to be able to interact with her new family. Thus she decided that while she was unsure exactly what she would plan for the future, she knew three things for certain. The first was that she would make the best of this life, second she would continue her passion for exploring the unknown and solving crime and lastly she wanted to make use of modern knowledge and make a shit load of money. Though the last one might be unnecessary, since her family seems to be well off to say the least. 

So with her goals set Lucia braced herself for her second life and could only wonder what she would do.

That is chapter 2, this is still not the writing style that future chapters are going to be, but it is a lot closer. Though I hope that I don't get in the situation where part of the chapter I used Man an women  for Lucia's parents to describe them. Since I couldn't find a way that they could have their names introduced with out write giving it away. Though  I kind of did just that with Lucia's Monologue

Besides that the slandered, comment and share if you want, as well as give feedback.

4