Chapter 3: Belladras family
68 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It has been almost 1 year since Lucia was born into this world. During that time she found a lot about her family surprisingly and even more interesting was that she had an older brother that was 2 years older than her.

Other than her siblings Lucia had found out a lot about the world that she had been born into and it seemed more like she couldn’t decide if she went back in time or went into an alternate world that was extremely similar to her original world.  Though her ability to find out information about her family has resulted in quite poor but expected results.

 

Lucia would later find out that she was born in 1898 in Boston, Massachusetts to a wealthy business family that has been well known in the pseudo aristocracy( as they had wealth that dated back to before they immigrated to the new world) since they seem to taut from that they descended from English Nobility. Since apparently the Belladras ancestor that settled came to the New World in the late 17th century was a son of some wealthy English Earl and decided to go to the New World for business opportunities. To which he was successful and then after that his descendants were able to expand his influence and business to a lot of areas in the New England area and politics. As of now the Business that Karl owned was quite varied with him owning a  large bank chain, having a large stake in Boston harbor but besides that it seemed that the Belladras fortune came through manufacturing, in which Karl owned numerous factories. Though he had only received them several years after his graduation from Harvard, as his father wanted to enter politics and decided to give the business to his son early. 

 

Though at this time Lucia only thought that her family was wealthy but not much more than that. One thing that surprised her since she would assume that they would visit as soon as they heard that the baby was born. But she reasoned that there was a good reason why since her parents should be on good terms with the rest of their families. Since the maids looked like there were a lot of people being invited to her first birthday party and on a quick glance she saw the last name of Belladras quite a few of them. Though she didn’t see too many of them since she was whisked away when a maid noticed her.   

 

Speaking of her first birthday party that was in around a month and it seemed to be when they would be introduced to the rest of her family. Lucia had heard her father talk about it being a family tradition. It also seemed that it would double as a social gathering of the hottie tooty social gathering of the New England Elite. As Lucia could only guess what important people would be there. While the servants of the mansion worked like mad men to make sure everything was ready in time.                                 

 


One month went by quite slowly since Lucia was bored to death, since there was nothing to do since she was only a baby. Though she did what she could and that resulted in her being called a genius by her parents and the personal maids that took care of her when her mother was busy or away.

 

On the day of the party Lucia was dressed up in a fancy, silk dress and brought to one of the larger rooms of the mansion where the party had just started. Lucia sat in one of the front areas that were away from the crowd so that it wasn’t too loud. 


There Lucia's father was there to introduce his relatives to his daughter.

 

There are so many people around, there must be at least two hundred people here tonight and they are probably the wealthy elite of Boston. 

 

The first person who came to us was a middle aged man that looked somewhat like an older version of Karl, which led to Lucia correctly guessing that he was her Grandfather. As he approached he first had his eyes on Lucia, but as he got closer to us his eyes went up to Karl. 

 

“ It’s good to see you again, I really wanted to come earlier but I was so busy with work that this is the earliest I could come” Lucia’s grandfather said apologetically.

 

“No, I know how busy you are so I am just happy that you could come today” Karly warmly replied.

 

“Thanks for being so understanding Karl.” Karl’s grandfather replied before turning his attention to me. “Now is this my adorable granddaughter” He said even as if to say out loud that he was Lucia's grandfather.

During this exchange Lucia was mainly focused on her  grandfather, but something in the discussion caught her eye.

 

Wait why isn’t my father the owner of the business now? But grandfather said that he was busy working. So where does he work and why would he pass his business down if he could still work? At least I found out why he didn’t visit sooner but this just created more questions that I want answered. 

 

Though Lucia’s mind was filled with questions, they were soon answered as one of the people in the crowd came over after he saw that Lucia’s grandfather was finished talking, so as to not interrupt.

 

“ Hello Governor Stanford, it’s good to see you again . . .” Stanford and the man then walked away after Standard finished giving goodbye to Karl. Meanwhile Lucia received another surprise about the world and her family. 

 

Wait, I am the Granddaughter of the Governor. I don’t even want to imagine what other important positions my family occupies. Though I guess I will keep being surprised by my family in how powerful they are in New England politics.

 

After that more and more of Lucia’s relatives greeted her and after that was done. Lucia was brought back to the room to not only allow her to rest, but to also allow her parents to properly enjoy the party and keep up their networks.

 

This isn't how I though this chapter would turn out, since I wanted to sort of show how powerful Lucia's family is so what started out as a paragraph on Karl turned into a chapter on it and her first birthday which introduced her grandfather. Who probably won't be mentioned again. Though I think that while the chapter is a bit unnecessary, it gives more detail to the Belladras families place in society in the world. So I think that this short chapter was ok. 

It is also the last one like this and I will try to make more happen in the future chapters.   

4