Chapter 9: First Case Part 4/4
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is a shorter 1200 word chapter as well as the last part of the first case. The next chapter will be the first intermission chapter which is more of a narrative chapter that talks more about the broad strokes that happens between each case. Rather than going in detail for each thing that happens.

Lucia was walking up the stairs she shouldered her shotgun around her back and then walked outside, meeting 3 police cars with around a dozen police officers armed with rifles and shotguns either looking at the corpses of the summoned horrors or tending to the driver and Thomas. 

 

As soon as one of the officers noticed her they asked to hold on to her gun for the moment as they went to get their sergeant.

 

A minute later the police sergeant came walking towards Lucia with the officer that was holding on to her shotgun. The Sergeant looked to be a former military with a buzzcut and prim and proper uniform that seemed to have been meticulously taken care of, even more so than the average officer. He then took a quick glance at Lucia and the blood splatter that got on her outfit.

 

“You had quite the animal encounter Ms. Lucia. I sure do wonder why 3 boars got into that building. Sure they might not look like your average boars, but you can trust me when I say that they are a boar.” He said entirely serious to which Lucia had already gotten his point of saying that they were going to brush this incident under the rug and just label it as a “Hostile animal encounter” 

 

I guess that I found another way to get these types of jobs in the future.

 

Lucia then nodded before replying “Yes your quite right officer, these were quite the scary animals to deal with, since if you look over there you would see how badly they scared my fiancé and my driver. Either way if you ever need help with “Hostile animals” you can just come to this building once it is and come talk to me. I will be more than willing to help.” 

 

The Sergeant then looked over to the car where he saw paramedics leading an anxiety ridden Thomas into an Ambulance, before scoffing and turning back to Lucia. “I didn’t think that a hostile animal could reduce someone to that state.” He said with some disdain before continuing with. "Though if there is another such incident, I won’t hesitate to contact you, since it would be easier to keep such affairs under wraps if someone other than the police did them. 

 

 I guess that this isn’t just the Sergeant talking but probably the police chief since they were the ones that refused to handle this case in the first place. Though it is definitely better to get more organizations like the mayor's office of the police force to get me jobs. So when it comes to reliable job providers I have that covered. The only thing that I lack is reliable workers who won’t be mentally destroyed and reduced to an unconscious body or a mumbling mess from the first little monster they see. 

 

 Lucia then realizing that she hadn’t asked for the sergeants name yet said. ”Yes I guess that you are correct, I personally don’t think that they are that scary. Though I haven’t caught your name, sergeant?”

“ Mathew”, the sergeant said, responding quickly.

 

Lucia then nodded before asking “ Sergeant if there isn’t anything else that you need, I think that I should go with my fiance to the hospital. My name is Lucia Belladras, and I think you know where you can find my if you need anything in the future.”

 

Sergeant Mathew then nodded before saying “ Have a good day Miss Lucia, though I am afraid that you can’t bring the shotgun to the hospital so I will have one of my men bring it to your house, is that acceptable.”

“Yes it is acceptable and thank you for your consideration Sergeant Matthew.” Lucia replied as she was walking towards the ambulance that was about to leave.

 

Lucia and Sergeant Mathew then wished each other a good day before going their separate ways.

 


Several hours later in the hospital Thomas was in a hospital unconscious in a private suite,  after being sedated to calm him down. During that time Lucia had called the mayor to fill in the details and ask for the deed to be transferred to her name. As well as call a construction company that her brother had founded several months ago to start planning the remodeling of the office building. 

 

After finishing all her calls she waited in Thomas’s room for the sedatives to wear off and for him to wake up. While doing  that she spent her time reflecting.

 

“Did I do too much, is he going to hate me. Uhh I  may be good with getting what I want from people and manipulating them, or even manage my relations with my subordinates. But I guess I'm not the best at managing my relations with my peers. Since I never really had any, most of the people who interacted with me were my subordinates and I had very few people who were at the same level I was and we didn’t really interact very often. But if I want to stay in this relationship with Thomas I probably if he decides with me and doesn’t break up with me for dragging him into this mess. 

 

 As Lucia was worrying and unconsciously mumbling her fears about her future with Thomas. He had woken up but had pretended to be unconscious for a moment when he heard Lucia muttering about him. He faintly smiled when he heard that she was worried about him.


“Sorry about worrying so badly, it isn’t your fault though I do think you do have quite a lot of questions that need answering. But you don’t have to worry, I won’t leave you.” Thomas said quietly.

 

Lucia then looked up slowly with tears sliding down her cheek as she shakily asked “ You're not mad at me? You're not going to leave me?”

“No I’m not mad nor am I going to leave you.” Thomas reaffirmed.

 

“Thank you” Lucia said crying uncontrollably as she was releasing her pent up worries in an act that she doesn’t even remember the last time she has done so. 


“You said that you have questions you wanted to ask me, you can ask me anything and I promise that I will answer it. ” Lucia said, determined to answer any questions that she might be asked. 

 

The two then provided to talk for several hours answering all of Thomas’s questions and revealing about her rebirth and her past life, as well as everything that surrounded the case today.

After listening to all that Thomas was somewhat surprised but accepted everything without question as he trusted Lucia deeply and said that she could tell him the rest after he got out of the hospital. 


With the heavy discussion over, it drifted to their marriage this summer and their future private detective business.

3