Chapter 19 (Special): Life of Robert Weaver (Robert Pov) Part 1/2
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is going to be a two part special with the next one coming out the day after this one comes. Since it is too long to be put into one chapter

Robert Weaver was born to a poor Boston family  in which both his parents were factory workers. Besides them he had no other family as his mother as both of her parents died shortly before he was born and his father’s parents kicked him out and disowned when he had Robert out of wedlock. They stopped contacting him and moved away shortly afterwards though that was for unrelated reasons. Due to how he was born, his parents raised him without much affection and when he got a bit older they started  treating him more like a servant than an actual son.

 

This lasted until he was 8 when his parents one day brought him to an office building in a suburb north of Boston. He didn’t know what the town was called because he was soon in the building that he was brought to nearly all day and he rarely left it. 

 

However he soon learned that wherever he was, a cult as he realized that the person running it named Salvador was manipulating not only his parents but also the other people who lived there. He then soon realized just how dangerous the situation he was in when he witnessed them kidnaping a 20 year old. He saw several men drag an unconscious woman into the basement where he had no clue on what they would do to her? He ran away when he saw it before anyone could spot him.

He then contemplated trying to free the woman but he soon shaked the idea as he was terrified with what the cult might due to him if he acts out since he saw one of his acquaintances of him who tried to run away being beaten by Salvador in front of all the children as a warning to try and Scare them. Though Salvador had to admit that it did indeed terrify him enough to not risk drawing his anger. Though he knew that he would not participate in the madness that was going on. 

 

This resulted in Salvador manipulating his parents to distance themselves from him even more and they soon started to abuse him when he made the smallest mistake.

Thankfully he soon met 3 other boys that were about his age that shared in some of the problems that he faced and they soon became the closest of friends that treated each other like brothers instead of just friends. 

 

Due to that he was able to hold on for the next couple of years and stay strong. However one day he and the others were hurried out of the building and rushed away without explanation. He would soon learn that it was because they found out that the police were planning to search the building and in order to Escape their crimes they fled, leaving only a couple cultists behind. 

The group then stayed in several other  buildings for several months until settling in a farmhouse that needed some major work which happened over the next couple months until it was fully livable. Well as livable as a building can be with 40 people living in it and only having 2 public bathrooms.


This lasted for around 3 years until one fateful day would change Robert’s life forever. 

 

It was a normal August day and Robert was woken up early and was talking to Conner when he started to hear something approaching.

 

 What is that noise, is that the wind? Well since Conner doesn’t hear anything it might be nothing? Though I guess that it doesn’t hurt to ask.

 

“ Hey Connor, do you hear a strange noise coming from outside the house?” Robert said, breaking the conversation floor and receiving a pause from Conner as he listens for a bit before turning his head towards the window.

 

“ Yeah, I do something here. .” He tries to say but is interrupted by loud sirens that answer Robert's question.

 

 The two of them then look out of the window and see 5-6 police cars roll into the yard with their sirens blaring,  which stopped when the cars finally parked. Then around a dozen or so police officers with guns stepped out of their vehicles and crouched on the opposite sides of their cars.

Meanwhile Robert immediately woke his two other friends and told them what they saw. Though he isn’t able to get much out before one of the cultists rushes in and barks “ Everyone get the fuck up now.” With a scream that is trying to hide the fact that he is panicking and not sure he should do.

 

With that scream everyone else jolts awake looking around to see what is going on. Meanwhile Robert is trying to process what is going on.    

 

 What is going on? Why are the police here? Is it because the adults have started to commit crimes again. Did they want to arrest the people for the last crime? Is that why we fled several years ago, because of the cops?

Robert didn’t have much time to think as Conner tapped his shoulder to tell him to pay attention because he then saw 2 people with 2 small boxes come in and after dropping in it. Robert saw several old rifles and the other had several revolvers that looked quite old! Robert’s face immediately lost color as he realized what the cult was going to force the teens and possibly even the children to do.

 

They want us to fight the cops! Why! Why would they have us do something like this! They could kill us! I could die! My 3 best friends could die! What should I do?

 

“You 6  come pick up weapons now!” Screamed by the first person to come in, once again breaking Robert's line of thought. The 6 people that man was talking about were him and his 3 best friends and 2 other teens that were about his age, that fully embraced what was being taught and as such was treated better than the rest of them and used to keep the rest of the teens and children in check.

Upon hearing their names, they immediately grabbed two guns and started to load it from ammo in another box that was just brought in. While Robert and his friends hesitated before being screamed at again, before they finally went and picked up guns and loaded them. Though they all would do anything possible to prevent them from having to fire them. So they then went to the corner of the room and waited. Soon several more cultists went in the room with rifles. 


(This all happened in the duration of 2-3 minute)

 

As soon as Robert got back to the corner he heard a Cop that possibly had a megaphone yelled “We have the house surrounded, please surrender peacefully.” That however was met with a gunshot from inside the building. That sparked a series of gunshots in retaliation from the police and Robert quickly pulled all 3 of his friends away from the window.

 

The cultist that first woke them up was now bringing the children and some of the teens out of the room, presumably to the basement.

 

Robert and his 3 friends then huddled in the corner while the 2 of the cultists in the room took up defensive positions to look out the window or so it appeared to Robert. 

 

While the shooting was going on Robert heard the cries and moans of several people up stairs who got hit by bullets, which made Robert fully realize something.

 

People are dying, this is serious! What is going to happen to us? I can’t think of that I have to focus on calming down my friends.

 

 Robert noticed that Connor and Adam are visibly shaking in terror, while holding their guns. That is understandable since they are 16 and 15 respectively. So Robert takes the guns out of their hands and whispers to them as he hugs them to comfort them. “Everything is ok, you don’t have to be scared. I won’t let anything happen to you two ok.” Peer also nods his head in agreement. 

 

They then end the hug as Robert puts them into the corners. While realizing that the gunshots have stopped. Robert then debates peeking out the window but decides against it. As he deems it too risky, so he returns to the corner with his rifle in his hands, not putting it down. To avoid being yelled at by the other cultists in the room.

The eerie quite lasts for several moments until a shotgun blast from the farthest window destroys the window and tears the 2 teen cultists to shreds as the shotgun shells do utter overkill to the two unsuspecting cultists. Who had no clue of their sudden deaths.

The last cultist in the room rushed forward in rage to confront the shoot, but he quickly fell down with blood gushing out of his head. 

 

Seeing the guts of the 2 formly living teens splattered over the ground, Robert immediately turns the two around, so they wouldn’t see such a terrible scene. That no one should ever have to witness, let alone teenagers. While hiding the screen, Robert is processing what he just saw.

 

 They are dead, I freaking saw them die. I saw their guts on the ground! How am I ever supposed to get that out of my mind! Will they kill me and my friends? No, not if I drop my gun when they come in and don’t resist. 

As Robert hides his two younger friends he tells his 3 friends to not resist and that it is best if they don’t try to fight and just give up. Since Robert has a faint hope that the police would actually help them escape what would be described as absolute hell. If not for his 3 best friends who have allowed him to make it this far and still resist the cult that is trying to indoctrinate them into their brain damaging beliefs.

 

As he reminds them that he hears what he thinks is the front door being kicked in and another shot rings out followed by a low cry. Then what appears to be two people running towards what Robert guesses would be the stairs. Are quickly followed by a different type of gunfire that Robert hasn’t heard yet. That leaves Roberts ears to slightly ring from the loud noise. 

 

A minute later the door to the dorm bangs open with a woman with medium length blond hair that seems to be only a couple years older than rushes in shouting “ Police, put your hands up.” Followed by a man who is in his mid 20s.

 

Though Robert doesn’t have enough time to take in their appearances as he and Peer drop their guns and put their hands in the air along with Adam and Connor.  While Robert quickly shouts for them to not shoot. 

 

The woman then nods and then slightly drops her gun which makes Robert start to sigh but is unable to fully as he isn’t safe yet. The woman who he now notices has no visible voice, starts to talk in a somewhat monotone voice that is devoid of any character or emotion which really surprises Robert but not any more than what she said.

 

“Ok, since you already have dropped your weapons, come over here slowly with your hands in the air. Since you're so young I can only assume that your parents brought you into this correct?”

 

Why would she say that, will she help us? I can’t say yet, maybe she will continue speaking but for now I should just confirm what she says, since it is true and  I would rather live with different parents and just my 3 other friends. But will they not give me back to my parents? 

 

 No matter how skeptical he was about the woman, he decided to try and trust her, so he nodded his head which the others quickly did as well.

 

The woman then dropped her gun completely, though the man didn’t though he changed his aim from us to the door.

 

The women then responded to the responses given by Robert and his friends. 

 

“If that is the case then you have nothing to worry about, you can come and talk to the police since your minors and were brought into the cult because you followed your parents. So you don’t have to worry about getting in trouble from the police nor your parents.”

 

Then adding  “Once this is over I will talk to you about what will happen next so just follow me as I will bring you out to the police outside.”

 

Robert could help but be hopeful when he heard this so he decided to trust her for the time being and maybe they can escape this prison of a building and live a better life. One that was more like before his parents joined the cult. One that he wasn’t stuck in the building most of the day or closely monitored with everything that he did. 

 

So Robert and the 4 of them were brought outside of the building to where the cops where who didn’t look at them with any hostility. Though he couldn’t tell what it was entirely. He and his friends were then brought to an older police man and the women then had spent some time talking to the police before being brought behind the building. 

 

They spent the rest of the raid while with the police before being sent to a nice hotel, one that was nicer in any place than they had ever seen before.

1