Chapter 22: Case 3 Part 1
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Around 2 months passed since the end of the last case and things have been busy with the establishment of the business management company and the first company that it will manage. Which is a gunsmithing company which has already started designing its first guns and have made considerable progress with the prototypes predicted to be finished by the end of the year.

Though Lucia has had the last two weeks relatively free so she and her people at her private detective company have been training. To improve their detective skills.

Today is the first of October and  is a rather warm and sunny autumn day. Though for Lucia it is a rather exciting day as she will be receiving a client who wishes her to investigate a rather mysterious artifact that he has brought back from a trip from Austria. It is a sculpture of a noble from the 15th century Josef Von Weingartner. Who was a Austrian count in the 17th century,

Though there wasn’t any other information other than that, Since the client didn’t want to talk much on the phone. Though from the way it seems something, most likely the sculpture or bust as it seems that it is only of the person's head, neck and  upper portion of his body. Though Lucia was quite intrigued with what could cause the client who’s name is Evan Sylvian to be on edge so much. Almost as if he feared for his safety and life. Which meant that there must be something related to the bust that he brought back to the country. 

Though Lucia also saw it as an opportunity to possibly snag a sculpture while she was at it as payment. Well that is if the client becomes too scared of it and suddenly desires the urge to get rid of it at the first chance he can get.

If he does it will most certainly be a fine first item of the artifact and book collection building which is currently empty and hollow with the only thing in there at the moment being empty shelves and display cases. Which makes it look like a museum that is about to open that spent all the money on the display cases and left none to actually buy any artifacts to display. Though Lucia hopes to remedy that as soon as possible. 

So if she can get this bust or some other object from the case, it would help a lot. 

So Lucia and her team got up a bit earlier and dressed in rather formal clothes to meet the client. Even though Lucia was the only one that would be talking to the client in her office. Every one still wanted to look rather snazzy today to impress the client and make a good first impression.

Evan arrived at the office at around 1 P.m and was swiftly brought to Lucia’s office on the first floor, where she was waiting with a notebook and a pencil ready to get down all the details of the case. 

When the secretary docked on the door to notify Lucia that Evan was here. Lucia responded with a “Let him in” before waiting for Evan to walk in the door to greet him. 

Evan was a middle aged man approaching 50 years of age, though he doesn’t necessarily show it and appears to be in decent health with him being in shape and apparent that he does something as he looks more like he  is in his late 30s to early 40s instead of his late 40s. Though that is just from how Lucia sees him. He has short brown hair and sharp blue eyes. Lastly he is wearing a sharp suit that fits him quite well and seems to have been custom made to fit him. 

When he walked on the door, Lucia stood up and waited for him to get nearer to the desk while greeting him.


“Hello, Evan come and have a seat.” Lucia said that while pointing to a nice leather seat that was in front of the desk.

Evan looked at it and then back up before responding. “ Yes, and thank you for agreeing to help me on the case. If you manage to solve it, I will finally be able end this tense couple of weeks.” He said that while shaking Lucia’s hand before sitting down.

Lucia then put the pad of paper in front of her before starting the lines of questioning with Evan.

“So I just want to clarify, what are you asking me what to do?” Lucia asked in a somewhat monotone voice.

“Well I want you to investigate the origins of a bust that I brought back on a business trip from Europe. As well as find out what is causing my house from exhibiting strange activities and feeling like it is haunted.” Evan said in an anxious tone.

At this description Lucia was slightly puzzled and needed more information about what he meant by ‘strange activities’ that were happening in his house. 

“Excuse me but can you elaborate on what has been happening in your house, if you don’t mind?” Lucia said calmly. 

“ Sure thing, well at times I feel like something is watching me in the house. Sometimes the house has fog in parts of it and I sometimes see what appears to be a ghost or some other creature in the house. There are also numerous other incidents that have happened. So is there anything else that you want to know?” Evan asked in a clearly nervous tone as if remembering what he had encountered has brought up past memories.

“No there isn’t any other information I need to know. Though we do have to discuss the payment.” Lucia said calmly though inside she was secretly waiting in anticipation with what Evan would offer her for a price.

So after some negotiations, the price would be around 20 dollars ( 258 dollars 2020) as well as a painting that he got in Europe as well which cost around 100 dollars (Around 1200, 2020) and if something is discovered with the sculpture. Then Evan would give it to Lucia because he would rather give it away than have to deal with it personally. 

Lucia then thanked him, while celebrating inside. Though few would think that with the poker face that Lucia is wearing.

Evan who is also satisfied with the fact that the time that his problems will soon be solved cheers him up and dispels some of his anxiety. 

After Evan leaves, Lucia assembles the 4 man team and starts to explain what will happen for the case which seems to be something different from the last two and hopefully it will be a bit more peaceful. 

1