Chapter 23: Case 3 Part 2
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Soon after Evan left Lucia summoned the staff around to dictate the different tasks that everyone was going to do.

Lucia and Thomas would go to a nearby library and try and find out information about the person the sculpture was mottled after. William and Jerry would then try and find books about magic so that they find out anything about the strange circumstances that were occurring at Evan's home. 


Then only after that was done, would they then go to his house and try to confront whatever was causing the anomaly as Lucia called it.

First Lucia and Thomas went to the local library to see if they could find anything about it and not to their surprise they found out nothing about him. As the library had absolutely no information on European nobles. Lucia though it was worth a shot. So she and Thomas went off to the Boston public library where they spent around 4 hours searching before they found some information on the Austrian noble. 


Apparently this Josef was a low level Austrian count who ruled over a  small and rural area of Austria. Which is more comparable to that of someone of a lesser title, to which the only reason that he had the title of count was that he not only came from a very influential family he also was quite a remarkable general. Achieving several victories in a minor war. Though his personal life and his prestige did not match up to his physical accomplishments. As he was suspected of having studied the occult and apparently the catholic church tried to go after him and his wife on charges of witchcraft. Though they never were able to get any evidence to prove it and so the investigations went no were. Though the damage to his reputation and the rumors that started to spread about him never went away and as such he was always kept at an arm's distance by his fellow nobles. 

Something else that is of note is that one of the last witch trials of Europe that happened in the land Josef used to rule. In which around 2 dozen or so suspected witches and cultists were persecuted by the Austrians and the Catholic church and thus sentenced to be burned at the stake. Though it marked the end of such events due to the outrage that it caused. Due to the advent of the Scientific revolution which started to look down on such events as being superstitious. So when historical documents were written about it in the late 19th century, it was depicted as a terrible tragedy in a similar way as the Salem witch trials1If you don't know about the Salam with trials than look at the Wikipedia article here


Though Lucia suspects that there was probably a hint of truth to the allegations. Though that event isn’t of interest to Lucia nor is there anyway to say either way about the validity of the charges that were brought up against the suspected cultists and witches.

Though besides that information Lucia didn’t find much about there being any sculpture of him being made. Though it might not have been recorded or it was done in secret which seems to be the most likely explanation of what is going on. Though overall Lucia has determined that the information that she gained.

 

So once she and Thomas were done with that they returned back to the office to discuss their findings with the rest of the team.

 

It took several hours to get back and by the time that they did it was already starting to get dark. Once Lucia and Thomas reached their office, they saw that William and Jerry had already been their for a while, so Lucia told them that they should go home and that they would discuss their findings tomorrow. 


October 2,1920

The next day everyone got to the office early since it was bound to be a busy day. With them going over the information found and possibly heading over to Evans house to get a preview of what is going on over there.

Lucia goes over what she found first which brings an interesting hypothesis from Jerry which was that the sculpture might be containing some spirit or monster that was summoned by whatever cult the count had been apart of. Though that begged the question as to why they used a bust of the count to house it. Though it wasn’t a major question it was still something that they all kept at the back of their head.  

Besides that one question the theory was quite reasonable with it being that the count or his cultists sometimes put or sealed some creature inside it and it had been sealed there since. With something that happened recently by Evan or someone else causing whatever was in there to be released or at the very least  whatever has been keeping it in there has been weakened allowing it to manipulate its surroundings. Though it could be a mix of the 2. The only way to find out is to.

Meanwhile Jerry and William have found several books that show of magic that can be used on bullets that allow them to harm spirits and other creatures that would normally be impervious to physical attacks.  

This information reminds Lucia of a weapon that she used in her past life that was similar and that she remembered that the Agency had created a new version of it that was less expensive and something that anyone could make without risking their sanity or mental state to do so.  It was something that Lucia remembered vividly which caused her to be surprised when she forgot about it. So she had the two of them give her the book about it while telling them what else they found.

They also have appeared to narrow down the type of creature that could have been to several monsters with the most likely being a physical nightmare which like a summoned horror is a creature that cults tend to summon to harass their enemies. Though unlike a summoned horror a physical nightmare is a creature that is more spirit like in nature and does not originate from a human but instead they come from another world. One that is not known and is most likely very foreign to Earth. Though that last part is pure speculation as nothing is known about it except that the physical nightmare comes from there. 

Though if it is indeed a physical nightmare, then the magic bullets will be needed in order to fight the creature. So Lucia tells them that before they leave that Lucia will make around 100 magic bullets which takes her around an hour and a half to do so. All of which are for handguns as they don’t plan on taking their primary weapons to Evans house. Since it isn’t needed and they don’t want to cause any trouble by walking around his such large weapons. 

When Lucia is finished the magic ammo is divided and they head to the two cars and head to Evans house.

When I get a chance I will try and get the releases to be back on a schedule. Though today and maybe tomorrows will be when I finish them

1