Chapter 29: Case 4 Part 3
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey I am planning on changing the release schedule. From every day to every other day so 3-4 chapters a week. Though I will aim for them to be longer. 

As Lucia and the others stepped into the house she took a look around noting the simplistic furniture doesn’t suit her taste of imported furniture from Europe. Though she realizes that most people don’t care if their furniture is some foreign luxury furniture company. Though even if they did, they probably wouldn’t be able to afford it. Though she quickly took her mind of that and put it to thinking about the man's response.

That was odd that the wife had no clue about it as well as the man's extremely polite attitude. I am not quite sure who it was for, us or his wife. Though guess it is us. Maybe because he thinks we are uber rich people who stuck up and looks done on the poor? Well I don’t deny that I am uber rich, but I don’t look done on the poor since I don’t care about how much money someone has. Since if I did, it would be hard to find people that could compare to my family's wealth. Either way I should keep an eye on the couple since even when the man was alone he seemed fine when he was in the company of his wife he seemed to be extremely respectful. So I guess that while I should keep an eye on both, the wife should be the higher priority for the moment.

As she was thinking Henry led the group to the dining room which was quite homely with a wooden table and chairs as well as some simple decorations that line the wall. Beatrice then breaks the silence. “Please make yourselves at home, would any of you want something to drink?” 

She asked trying to offer some hospitality to her unexpected guests. However before any of them could take her up on her offer, they spotted Lucia shake her head as to say to decline. Since Lucia didn’t fully trust her and accepting drinks seemed to be too risky for the moment.

So they all politely declined and took their seats at the dining room table. Which even though it was most likely not some luxury table. It seemed that it did its job well and it looked like it was good quality furniture.  

Soon Beatrice returned with a glass of water for her and Henry and soon Henry began to tell the story of the past events.

It seemed that it started around a month ago when a farmer discovered that one of his animals was killed and a symbol was engraved in the body of the animal. It started to happen every couple of days another animal was found. Two of them were on my farm, they were the more recent ones. 

Either way after the 3rd time that this happened the police created a special team to investigate the crimes, but it didn’t really start to investigate this seriously  

That changed however when a farmer was found dead and then the police then ramped up their efforts to find the culprit. However even with their increased efforts they haven’t gotten any closer to finding the culprit. So Henry who had been the most recent victim of the attacks decided to contact Lucia and her company to find the killer as he didn’t want to rely on the police if they weren’t going to make any progress.

After he finished his speech he took out a piece of paper that had a list of people who had been victimized. It had their names and addresses on it as well as the dates that they had been victimized. 

It seemed as if he had prepared it as if he tried to investigate it on his own. So Lucia decided to ask him about it.

“Did you try and look into this on your own?”

“Yes, but I quickly realized that I don’t have the skills to do so. Though more importantly is that I don’t have the time to do so since I have to work on the farm. So that's the only thing that I did was to write down all the incidents that I know of.” Henry replied casually at first but after a glance from his wife, he became more polite and the casualness disappeared. Though the only person who noticed this was Lucia. As everyone else was focusing on Henry. 

They then spent around 15 minutes asking a few questions about the layout of the town and then they left to head back to the inn to plan their next move. Though on the way they decided to stop at a few of the victims houses and ask them a few questions.

Which they did over the course of two hours. All of which seemed to have similar statements which is that they heard about the same story. Which all went along the lines that they all woke up to find the dead animal outside of their door.

Which led to the question as to how the farmers didn’t notice it as they should have been awakened by the sound of the animals being spooked. However it did get out of the idea of when each of the incidents happened as well as an idea as to why a person died. Which Lucia suspects to have been a spur of the moment decision. Since there was only one person killed and it switched back to animals once again. Meaning that the culprit wasn’t ramping up the attacks necessarily. As Lucia suspects that the victim may have stumbled upon the culprit trying to kill one of their animals. To then be killed by the culprit to prevent them from being exposed. Though Lucia doesn’t know the specifics of the incident, their hypothesis is rather vague.


Once they returned to the inn they spent the rest of the day trading their thoughts on the information before turning in for the night.

1