I Died! But Hey Free OP Skills and Reincarnation.
679 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmmm, It’s dark. Where am I?” Confused, as I was floating in some kind of dark space.

 

You might be wondering who I am. Worry not, It’s introduction time!! Hear! Hear! My name is Josh Adri-- you know what, no. That’s too long of a name anyway, let’s just go with Tori now. My friends online calls me Tori, a guy that is called a “bird” online because of my invasive habits on certain websites.

 

You might be wondering why I’m in this type of place, a dark place with no sense of coldness, heat, and time. 

 

Well, I died.

 

What? Was that too straightforward? It can’t be helped, let’s go for a little flashback shall we?

 

{queue flashback SFX}

 

“Damn, this sucks. I wanna go back home and continue writing my novel.” I thought as I was getting bored listening to my teacher discuss the lesson to the class.

 

“12:37 pm, damn. I need to wait for at least another one hour and eight minutes for this class to finish.” I say as I look at the clock, getting impatient because of how it feels so slow when the class was in session. 

 

Waiting for the class to finish was a pain, so I decided to “draw” some things only to get yelled at by my teacher.

 

“OI!! JOSH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING DRAWING SOME FILTHY ILLUSTRATIONS ON MY CLASS!!!!” My damn ears hurt as that teacher yelled those words to me. He crumpled the paper I worked so hard drawing ahegao figure on.

 

“Damn it! This damn teacher is annoying.” 

 

As that went on, the class finished. It was time for dismissal, making me happy as it was time to go home. As I was going out my friend called out to me.

 

“Yo, Josh. Are you going to the Internet Cafe with us?”

 

“Nah, dude. Not today, Imma go and finish my new chapter for the novel I’m making.”

 

“Alright, If you say so. Later, man.” He says as he went out of the classroom.

 

“Welp, time to go home.” I thought to myself as I left my school, going straight the way I go home with. It was mostly quiet as most students had already gone their own ways. Walking, I reached the waiting shed, I sat on the bench to wait for my ride home.

 

“KYAAAAA!!!” 

 

“!?” 

 

A sudden scream reached my ears, making me surprised. The scream sounded distressed and was near. Curious, I went to where it went only to see a strange guy come out of an alley. He was holding something.

 

“SHIT!? This guy is holding a bloodied knife!!” 

 

As I was about to get away from the strange man, he started stabbing me in the back. I tripped from the pain it caused to my back. I groaned, the wound caused by the man started bleeding intensely. However that didn’t stop the man, as he started stabbing me again and this time in my chest as I was lying down on the floor.

 

“ACK!!! GAH!! AAAHHHHHH!!” I screamed from the pain from being stabbed multiple times.

 

The man started running away, leaving me bleeding while lying down on the floor.

 

“ACK!! Shit!! This hurts, damn it!!” I lost a lot of blood from the multiple stab the man gave me. I was slowly losing my consciousness from too much blood loss.

 

“Shit, I’m dying...I think...I couldn't even finish my novel…” I felt regret as I completely lost consciousness.

 

{Flashback SFX goes out}

 

Welcome back. Sad right? I couldn’t even finish the novel I worked so hard to create. 

 

[That’s what you are sad about!?]

 

“Yeah, It was sad I couldn-- Wait, Who are you!!!” I said, shocked to see an Old man wearing an all white attire.

 

[Oh, sorry about that. I forgot to introduce myself. *ahem* Hello, I’m God.]

 

“So casual!!”

 

[Oh, was that too casual? Okay then, I'll say it this time properly....Hello there, young one. I am Torva, the God of Creation.]

 

“There we go. A proper introduction, you should’ve said that in the beginning. You had me surprised suddenly coming from behind me a while ago, old man.”

 

[Hoho. I apologize for that, young one.]

 

“Please call me Tori, Ojii-san*”

 

[Alright then, Tori-kun.]

 

“Woah there. You just called me with “-kun” didn’t you? Ojii-san, are you a man of culture?!” I said, surprised as I heard God called me with a Japanese honorifics when I called him “Ojii-san”.

 

[Hoho. Course I am, I'm interested in these stuff you young ones called manga and anime these days. It honestly got me surprised at how creative they were.]

 

“Yes, yes I know right!!! Ojii-san, what manga do you read??” I asked him curiously as it was my first time to ever really see a real God to be interested in Japanese culture.

 

[Hoho. I’m actually interested in this thing you humans call a Yandere manga. The unexpected relationship build ups in it are so interesting that I couldn’t stop wanting more.]

 

“Oh....you’re one of those people who likes those...Not that I’m against it.”

 

[Yes!! And do you happen to have some that you would recommend, Tori-kun!!!] 

 

The God Torva said as he had stars in his pupils, full of excitement as he asked me that.

 

Without hesitation, I talked to him about various things. Discussing the variety of many interesting and great creations of the Japanese subculture. It felt like it took almost a day talking to God about the many things every cultured weeb would be so happy to talk about.

 

[Oh, it seems we have talked about a lot of things there, Tori-kun. So much that I forgot I needed to reincarnate your soul, hoho.]

 

“Eh? Reincarnate? As in I’ll go to Isekai!!!” I said excitedly, at the unexpected turn of events.

 

[Oho, I didn’t tell you? You must be excited as you get to experience isekai yourself, no?.]

 

“Damn right, I am!!! I’d love to experience it!!”

 

[Hoho, then How about I give two wishes? I was only supposed to give you one wish for the reincarnation but because I met you, I had a lot of fun conversing for the first time in years. I had almost forgotten how interesting some humans were.]

 

“Two, huh? I guess that’s reasonable. So I can wish for anything right?”

 

[Yep, wish anything you want.]

 

“Then for my first wish, I want to have Immortality.”

 

[Okay, immortality...Here this one.] God said as he took out what looked like a blue flame, throwing it at me.

 

“AHH!! What the!! Eh? It doesn’t...hurt…” I said surprised as the blue flames spread out from my whole body.

 

[Haha, of course it doesn’t. That, Tori-kun, is the \Immortal flame/. It merges with the host's “soul flame”.] 

 

“Soul flame?”

 

[Just like the name suggests, it is a flame of life. Your soul’s flame that makes you alive. Fuse that with \Immortal flame/, it makes you immortal. As long as that Immortal flame is lit with your soul flame, you are an immortal.]

 

“Ohhh, I see. That makes sense to me. Alright now for my last wish...I want to have the 7 Age of Gods magic from the story “Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō”!!!”

 

[7 Age of Gods Magic? Oh! You mean those ancient magic from that story, huh?]

 

“Yes, Yes that!! I want to have those!!” 

 

[Alright coming right up…] God said as he put his two hands in the air, glowing as he was starting to concentrate about something.

 

Then suddenly a ball of light was within God's grasp, he threw it at me. I felt a sense of warmth and comfort being engulfed by the ball of light that was now fusing into my body.

 

“Woah, I...feel oddly comfortable.”

 

[Hmmm, I should probably give you this…] God said as he handed over something.

 

“A Smartphone?”

 

[You should be able to connect to your old world with this, though keep in mind that you won’t be able to call or text anyone from your old world. It should only function to let you see the internet and such.]

 

“You’re one damn generous God!!! Thank you very much. This is good enough, really thank you, Ojii-san.”

 

[Hoho, now if you get into some trouble you should be able to call me with that phone. Have fun in your second life, Tori-kun.]

 

“Yes, I’ll make sure I do.” I said as some type of light swallowed my whole body.

 

______________

 

[He’s a good kid...I’ll be sure to watch over his adventures.]

______________

 

“Hmph! Geh, huh?” I groaned as I woke up in a very beautiful sight that was in front of me.

 

I seem to have been transported to a very beautiful plains. A flower field to my right, a forest to the left, a very far away mountain with the view of great rivers down the cliff, oh and also a flying dragon just right there in the blue sky.

 

Looking at a very fantasy-like monster, I realized I was really reincarnated to a different world.

 

Now to explain why I chose to wish to have Immortality, let me tell you why...First things first, I want to live a long life, happily going on adventures traveling from places to places which I couldn’t do in the past life. Second, eat all the food I can as long as I live, find and discover new dishes from around the places I could find. Third and last, live without regrets.

 

The next one, The 7 Age of Gods magic. As the name suggests, they are a very powerful and legendary type of magic that was in the story of my favorite Web Novel “Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō”. They are Creation Magic, Gravity Magic, Spatial Magic, Restoration/Regeneration Magic, Spirit Magic, Evolution Magic, and lastly Metamorphosis Magic in all order. If I were to explain them it would be…

 

Creation Magic is a magic that grants the user control over any object, structure (be it physical or magical) or mineral, allowing the user to shape or transform them in any way they wish. It is the only form of Magic which allows for the creation of an "Artifact". The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material. 

 

I wanted to have this magic for its purpose in creating the “Artifacts”. I needed them for my conveniences. 

 

Next would be Gravity Magic. It gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of a star', and not just gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth veins or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

 

Spatial Magic allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like elimination of the race-creature gap, or formulating a new boundary to create the spirit world, it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.

 

With Spatial Magic I would be able to create an "Artifact" with the help of Creation Magic to help me with easy transport of my luggage if needed. Mostly it would be called a personal inventory like in MMORPG games, which is convenient.

 

Restoration/Regeneration Magic allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.

 

This magic should be able to help me repair everything that needs to be repaired, oh and also for healing purposes.

 

Spirit Magic allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting a living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living things'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body such as mana, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, and memory. Those who have mastery over this magic, can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit any body they wish.

 

I honestly don’t know if I would be able to use Spirit Magic other than healing mental problems, but it does have the possibility of creating an “artificial consciousness” in other words, an artificial soul. If I had to compare it to something, it’s like programming a new A.I.

 

Evolution Magic allows the user to enhance or evolve all other forms of power, be it strong or weak. It can even work on other "Ancient Magic" as well, boosting their power and scope. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the information of existing things'. This magic enhances or evolves an ability or power by a stage of 1, by interfering with the target's information, and then increasing it‘s stage one-by-one.

 

A magic that would help me control over the other Age of Gods Magic with ease, which is neat itself.

 

And lastly Metamorphosis Magic allows the user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.

 

This one is also very useful to me, as I can create even greater “Artifacts” when using Creation Magic. I’ll be able to upgrade as much as I can using this magic.

 

I should also note that when using and combining some of these Ancient Magic will let me have a conceptualization. It is called Concept Magic. This one is very important as it creates a very powerful combined arts of magic. 

 

If I were to explain it, Concept Magic is a form of "Ancient Magic Arts" which is a combination of many other ancient magics, the main ability of concept magic is that it allows one to interfere with the laws of the world and impress concepts upon it. By raising up a powerful wish or desire with Spirit Magic and Evolution Magic, it can be raised to a level of a concept before being forcefully materialized with magical power. However, since the user's desire at the time of use is used as the base of the magic, to raise up and create the concept, the spell may not remain stable in subsequent uses, thus a single spell can only be used once under most circumstances. However if the desire is still needed, it can be used more than once. 

 

Meaning I can create an “Artifact” that has that concept magic without losing it. 

 

I guess that’s it for the explanation of the 7 Age of Gods magic. It would seem that I need to find a place to sleep. God did give me a change of clothes, the smartphone, oh and money. Really, what a generous God, I couldn’t ask for more.

 

*ring* *ring* 

 

Thinking about how generous he was, the phone suddenly started ringing showing that someone was calling me.

 

“Who could it be?...God!!!” God was calling me through the phone. Without hesitation I tapped the accept button to answer God’s call.

 

“Hello. Ojii-san.”

 

[Oh, it connected. Good, good. Tori-kun, I seem to have forgotten to tell you. The phone I gave you has a GPS map app there to help you go on your way there in your new world. You should be able to find a town to help you rest on your first day. Don’t worry, Tori-kun, I transported you to a near town. You should be able to go there in about 1-2 hours of walk.]

 

“Hah...I see, well thank you for that, Ojii-san. That saves me the trouble.”

 

[Well good luck, Tori-kun. I’ll be hanging up now.]

 

“Yeah, thanks again, Ojii-san.” I said as God hung up.

 

With his advice, I started to check the GPS app on the phone. Looking there, I found the town’s name, Horaud. Oddly the town’s name feels very familiar but I ignore it as I need to find a place to rest.

 

With a destination in mind I started my walk through a new world.

12