Chapter 10: A Need for Excitement
221 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn that snail and his big mouth." said a grey cloaked being into the darkness that was only broken by the glowing planet in front of him. "See what I'm dealing with here, Malik? All he's doing is sitting there. I want action! Adventure! Not some slice of life story about the biomancer who died and became a rock who just sits around and waits! And, of course, Argak's crystal booted me out when he noticed the discrepancy of his own actions! How can I get that little worm who's messing around to come out if I can't change the way things play out!" He almost spat as his ancient robes and cloak billowed at his rapid movements.

"Where I'm from, everyone just so happens to be immortal. So, in that case, the best idea would be to sit around and wait for 5000 years. That way, you can wait for the perfect moment to strike and destroy your enemy instead of blindly pursuing action like a foolish fool." Another figure in pure white robes answered, the turning of his head revealing a dark grey interior.

"You say that, but you peruse around this place and cause chaos all the time. And if someone peeves you, you don't wait. And the circumstances are very different. After all, when you know your enemy since they're just a clone of you, you don't need to test the waters. Here we aren't all the same person or thing, so it takes a little more than waiting to get things done." The Figure said, calming down and walking away from the planet.

"Then cast your rage upon your foe, and destroy all that they care for until he has no choice but to step in to stop you. Then if your cause is truly virtuous, the Divine Temple will reveal the power within, and by the sands of The Red Lands, your cause will be victorious!" Malik said as he raised his hands up into the void and smiled viciously.

"You know how Argak reacts when I meddle so directly. And doing so may just make discovering the unknown entity's plans harder." The Figure responded as a desk appeared from the nothingness, and he took a seat.

"Then gather faithful followers and send them to uncover its plan for you," Malik said as he turned around and walked towards The Figure, with a smile that shone ominously in the void.

"If only it were that simple. I don't have 'followers' in that sense, and they wouldn't be able to find anything even if I did. Which is why I brought you here," the Figure said as he handed Malik a mug filled with some sort of milk, before he motioned toward the chair that appeared on the other side of the desk, "I want to mess with this things plans and have fun doing it. I want, as I said, action, adventure. Not this boring tribble. He's just sitting there doing nothing but waiting. So I thought, 'why not bring the master of spicing things up and have his help!' What I wanted is to ask for a powerful creature, but something expendable. I might be able to pressure this thing into revealing itself that way." the Figure finished as he put his feet up on the desk.

"The mighty Archfiend should have the firepower and cunning to decimate your foe and last long enough to force this foe to act!" Malik said as he closed his raised fist tight like he was crushing something before taking a long quaff of his drink and sitting down. Before Malik even finished speaking, The Figure started shaking his head.

"While utter annihilation sounds fun, I've done that enough to know it gets stale quickly. So no, what I want is a menacing beast that will die to the dungeon, something powerful but not so powerful to destroy everything. To scare him and maybe push him to action. I want to change the narrative, so to speak. Right now, the other being has control, but by adding something alien to the mix, I may be able to gain control myself! Plus, I want to relish this rivalry for a little while longer if you get my meaning." The Figure said as he absentmindedly traces his finger along the rim of his wine glass while staring at the planet.

"Playing with your prey? A valiant effort!" Malik paused. "What better beast for a dungeon than the Dungeon Worm! It will phase through the walls and will surely garner the attention of your foe. It will strike fear into their hearts and force them to act!" Malik said with fervor, his smile brightening further and his eyes shining with a menacing light.

"Perfect!" The Figure stood up, and the chair beneath him disappeared, "Would you mind delivering it there for me? I can't go there myself. After all, I made a deal with Argak. But you aren't bound by that."

"Why, of course! If I had to bet, this foe is likely corrupted by the evil that stands against my people. So nothing will give me greater joy than terrorizing the enemies of my home!" Malik's white robes swished as he also stood up.

As he walked toward the planet once more, he took off his mask, revealing darkness darker than the most bottomless void. He then brought a wine glass to his face before it suddenly emptied and was replaced with a bottle of wine. Then The Being turned to his companion.

"Now, how about a drink? How I do love to drink fine vintages with old friends."

6