Episode 4 Selling like Hotcakes
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 A week later just like Lu had expected many more people came to the store. There was no way they could fit inside so Lu and his mother went out on a small wooden platform that Lu had ordered the servants to make, in preparation for today's events yet again.

[Welcome, and good morning dear friends and costumers. This here is the little wonder box as I am sure your friends have told you about.] Around sixty people were staring at the delicate, polished dark wooden box. Lu with a very business like smile stated.

[From your reaction I am assured. This Youth Returning cream FOR NOW will go for 2 silver coins and 50 copper coins. I believe you understand how cheap this is. Sadly I don't how long this will last. Right now after two full weeks my mother has barely managed to create 200 of these little boxes. And I believe you all understand that this amount is nearly not enough. From now on it has been decided that only 100 will be sold each week. My mother is only one person that also acts as a doctor and mother of two, it really is too taxing to her just to make those 100. I hope that you will continue to patronize us, and if indeed you chose to there may be a few benefits. Lastly I would like to add that each person is allowed to purchase only one box.]

[So with that said please come and buy one in order please.] 

The people immediately formed a single line making for a very interesting sight to the passerbies of this main road.

In an orderly manner every single person  came and bought a box of cream and left. 2 silver coins and 50 copper coins are really hot that little. 10 copper coins are enough for a poor family of four to eat for a day. But on the other hand it really is cheap compared to anything else made with alchemy. Even the cheapest item at Maria's shop costs 15 silver coins. 

'After this sale we have made 160 silver coins, so 1 gold coin and 60 silver coins. This is really great, amazing even, with the cost to pepduce tha cream and the packaging amounting to 20 copper coins our profit just from today is 1 gold, 47 silver and 20 copper coins. Two weeks later, if everything goes according to my expectations, I will have to raise the price, because the demand for them will be too high. A week after that a should release the next product. By that time I hope to buy the property next door. It is an abandoned building and it will cost a lot to restore but we don't have to restore it completely right away, we can just fix the front of the store and the first floor while demolishing the rest.'

From then on the new product of a small store, starting becoming well  know I'm the circles of business families and nobles at the same time. It was an incredible hit, for every single woman in town became like a starving beast when learning and seeing of its effects.

Lu worked the hardest he had ever worked for two weeks, getting no sleep at all, during a big part of the night he would gather Qi and for the rest of the time of the day he would continue making  

The cream. It would have been harder to do because of the lack of items usually but the three items needed to create this solution where very affordable and also easy to grow. Lu had all ready went to a supplier and bought, living Orioles to feed, the grass and flower to plant so that he could count on I just himself to make the produce. In addition Lu didn't want the recipe for the paste to be known. That is why was against constantly buying these things from any other shop. 

In the mean while, seeing his hardworking son and mother pair, Marth, as the great father he was, he took a leave for a while and stayed home to care for his family. In a certain way the care that his father had shown him in the last to weeks was more than this and his previous father had ever shown combined. Thanks to this In finally managed to connect with his family. It was as if something clicked inside of him one day.

[Lu.... I brought you some snacks and water.]

[Oh thanks dad, leave them over there.] Marth did as told andeft the tray on a small table a little further away from My and then he sat down. 

[Lu do you need any help?] Asked Marth.

[No dad it's fine, I don't know if you can even help.] Lu never had a very strong impression of this father, all he knew was that Marth loved his mother and was usually kind, as well as a firm believer of justice. But that didn't concern him, he might be a good man but not a good father.

[Lu...sigh.... I know I have not been the best father, maybe even not a good one, I am always missing with night shifts, every now and then I get into fights with the criminals and return home all battered. But I can't help it, I like doing this and it is my passion, my dream, and just as being an enforcer of justice is my passion so is spending time with my family, I am sorry for not noticing this problem earlier, from now on I will make sure to be home earlier and ask for leaves more often, I will also help you alleviate your burden, you are too young to have something like that.... If only I far been home you wouldn't have met that wretched scum, Richard snowblood. I know you probably hate him but there is nothing we can do about him, don't provoke him and bring trouble to your mother in the future, he is a Viscount's son while we are not even a big merchant family, we are just well of commoners, peasants in their eyes. But I digress.

So.... will you let me help you?]

Lu was very startled after this monologue, he started seeing Marth in a new light. He felt that he had gotten bad first impressions from that man. He decided to give him a chance, maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Compared to the scum of a father that he previously had Marth is much better, at the very least he didn't abandon his family for a prostitute and let a young 20 year old woman with a child to find for herself, without even ever getting a divorce so that she could never marry again and so that he didn't have to give any money to her. 

Lu shook his head to make the memories go away his mother and .... father both dead. 

[Yeah dad, thanks.... look  this is how do this and this is...]

 This was probably the most relaxed Lu had been in this world so far, nothing these past seven years reached this point, accepting 

Marth as a father was hard to do for Lu, bit when he finally did it he just felt part of them, he truly loved his family now. A glint flew past his eyes  he had never killed a human before, but he felt as if in this world he would have to adapt, he should drop the values he had in his previous world, in his words.. ' I wont take up guns to fight other humans but if it is for survival I will do whatever i deem necessary'. Lu was a person that cherished what he had, he would never let anyone hurt one of his own. 

His mind was set, Richard didn't now that his lust driven ways had  already doomed him, before he even managed to do anything.

Two weeks later outside of the shop, still inside the yard of his house Lu was standing on an elevated platform staring with a wide smile on his face at a crowd of 500 people, Lu had never in his life spoken to a crowd of such size before, very much so selling a product he made, with further plans at the ready.

Right next to the shop the ancient dillipatated building was all ready under construction, it's front, renovated and the interior of its first and second floor under way. A big signboard was being hoisted in the canter of the front, indicating that a shop was going to be built here. The sign wrote, Healing Heart. The sign made of great quality wood had been splashed with many vibrant colours in as style very unfamiliar to the people of this world.

[Every one, welcome again back to our shop. This week my mother went all out and she tried her best to make the most she could. Today we will sell 200 prices of our collection. Obviously it is a special occasion, since the limit of 100 per week was broken by us. I would like for everyone to not be disappointed and stay even after the sales as there is a big surprise instore for everyone here.]

Even thought the amount of people here was miniscule compared to the whole population of the city, they were all from business running families and members of low class nobility making the size of their pockets and influence bigger. In Lu's own words towards his mother, ' it is much better to have 500 big stacks of cash than 10 thousand empty pockets.'

The sale began as usual and ended very quickly, all 200 of the little wooden boxes diassapeared leaving no trace of existence. 

[The announcement is... not one. First of all as you can see even after overtaxing herself my mother was only able to make 200 Youth Returning cream boxes. I don't want to carry on, so I will be blunt. With the shop next door and the income from the sales we will be expanding our business, we will hire assistants to help make more of these, but I still fear that it won't be enough for the growing demand, like so we will use a system were the produce of our business will be auctioned. There will always be a limit to the price of this cream at 20 silver, the first one to say it gets it, all bids will be starting from the usual price.

The second piece of news is a declaration of a new product.]

At that sentence there was a huge uproar, being business men everyone understood the change to an auctioning system and approved of the young ones style. And with the announcement the customers confidence in this new company sky rocketed, to be able to think if a new product in under a month since its conception , the one giving the orders must be very competent, is what passed through the mind of every person present.

[Our little shop Healing Heart is happy to announce the release of the Silky Passion. It's use is simple, my mother will come and demonstrate for everyone, I hope the ladies in the crowd can be let forward to examine. Mother!] Yelled Lu and Maria came out of the shops front door, with elegant and steady steps, she was wearing her best clothes. The soft silk draping over her solders flowing gently in the wind, the tight outfit on her body, making known to the world her extremely attractive curves, the green colour of it matching well with her golden hair and dark green eyes. When she came out though other than a few lecherous men everyone else was not attracted to her curves not her flawless face without a hint of makeup no, everyone's eyes were drain to her hair, the golden hair smelling so nice, flowing so softly, no fault could be seen, the hair more majestic than the mane of the Valiant Golden Lion King. 

The women in the group immediately understood, as if it was am instinct, what the product was, something to use in the hair when taking a bath to let it release its splendour to the world. 

[As I can see, most of you have understood what this product is.

Indeed the Silky Passion is a paste of sorts that is used when bathing, and it has the effects you see in front of you right now. It also strengthens the bind between the hair and the skin, reducing hair loss and even balding, an especially strong  dose can help the hair of a naked skull regrow at at wood pace and stay there with  no side effects. It will also come in many different aromas i the future, reducing the need for colone or further supplements.I am sure you understand it's importance, and so I will be staying the price, since it is harder and more expensive to make than the Youth Returning cream, Silky Passion will start at the price of 3 silver and 50 copper coins, and it will also be auctioned, with the selling price set for now at 30 silver coins, all of this though will be implemented starting next week. Thank you very much and farewell.]

Just like that the crowd dispersed among Wishpers and shouts and excitement. And Lu with Maria went back in tallying the income of the day and storing it, the truth about Silky Passion being that it was much easier and simpler to make. The next day Lu went with the main servant of the house to go by slaves that would take on the production of the Products.

0