Chapter 1: Rebirth and Tests
252 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was on my PC playing games when it happened. I don't know exactly what happened but from my last moments instead of my life flashing before my eyes I used the time to think about how I died. In the end I died from lightning hitting a potted plant experiment outside of my window, the lightning jumped to my computer and exploded. At least my experiment worked. 

And now I am in a room with a bunch of people, and they are all super tall, with a big spinner in the middle and it stops on something, one tall person in yellow gets up and hurrahs, before they notice I am here and they immediately sit down and pretend like I didn't see that. 

"Am I to assume you guys are gods?"(Me)

"Wow this one is quick to the uptake." said a god in white, in which I will just name them their colors.

"Yeah the last one was calm but really quiet, this one seems a little too calm." (Blue)

"Well we know your world is the one with the most stories about stuff like this happening." (Yellow)

"Yeah, yeah don't remind me, I have no clue how they figured this out." (Green)

"So was I right?" (Me)

"Yeah, you were and we lost another bet with Terra because of this." (White) 

The god coated in green suddenly took the form of an old woman wearing a green overcoat. 

"I win again, told you all so." (Terra)

"So I can guess I died and what now? Reincarnation or something?" (Me) The woman in green, Terra turned towards me.

"Yes, we were interested in your thinking and your kinda fun to watch over, but it's such a shame to turn out this way." (Terra)

"Yo, shut yer trap grandma, he's mine now." (Yellow)

"How rude." (Terra) The older woman stuck up her nose at the yellow robed voice.

"I'm who's?" (Me)

"Your going to reincarnate in his world, but both of us will give you a gift to help you, wishes you could say." (Terra)

"What can I wish for?" (Me) I was getting a bit excited that I pretty much focused on those words.

"You can choose a power from any game you played on Earth, and knowledge on how to use it." (Terra) she said with a smile. 

"Undertale. I want the traits from Undertale, not one, but all of them from the canon game." (Me)

"I see, manageable wish, granted. Also rather fitting for the world your going to." (Terra)

"What's yer wish from me kid?" (Yellow)

"Quick Question? who are you?" (Me)

I hear all of the other god's chuckle a bit as he had never introduced himself. 

"Ahem, I am Arasil, God of The Marble Realm." (Arasil) 

"Oh, cool." (Me)

"Anyway, what's your wish?" (Arasil)

"Can I keep my memories?" (Me)

"That seems to be a commonly asked question." (White)

"Well obviously, they don't like to forget things." (Terra)

"You can, but you will lose memories about your family as well as this conversation to compensate for your knowledge."

"Wait a minu-"

And I was soon dropped from my position and into an infinite expanse of darkness. 

 

 

Counsel of Gods POV

"That was cruel." (Terra)

"What? it was a fair trade, plus you all know I am not the one that is good with memory travel. I can't guarantee I can get it to him in one piece anyway." (Arasil) 

"Fine." (Terra)

"Well with that let's wait for the next traveler righto?"

"Sure." (Terra)

"Sure." (Arasil)

"Sure." (Blue)

And countless other "Sures" were heard throughout the hall.

 

 

 

In a random forest in the Marble Realm.

Where am I? I was pretty sure I was chatting with... gods? That's right they said I'd be reincarnated here with soul powers. What the-

Twil

LV 1

G   0

"Twil"

LV 1

HP 20 / 20

 

AT 0 (0)     EXP 0

DF 0 (0)     NEXT 10

 

WEAPON: Stick

ARMOR: Bandage

GOLD: 0

ITEM

STAT

SOUL

Well that's cool, I guess I got the interface too, but where even am I? I thought I'd be reincarnated with like parents but I am a fully grown... Kid?! Why do I have such small features? I got to find a mirror or a lake of something! Wait, I don't remember how I used to look like, nor anything other than my personality I can remember, and some tidbits of games, and novels that I read back on... where did I come from? Enough with that, I better find someone or civilization soon. 

I walked for awhile and I think I finally see an end to this forest! and there is a city with a bunch of tall ornate buildings in it. I walk up to the gate and the gatekeepers speak to me.

"What are you doing here kid? Where did you come from?" (Gatekeeper 1)

"I don't know, I just remember waking up in the forest." (Me)

"That forest? no one ever comes back alive from there, how did you?" (Gatekeeper 2) 

"Eh? There was nothing in there, except a few small animals that ignored me." (Me)

"Hmm, well I suppose but you are kinda suspicious. We will let you in, but you better find your parents, this is the only time I'll help you." (Gatekeeper 1)

"Thank you! what's your name sir?" (Me)

"Hmph, I'm Gi and my buddy of there is Ang." (Gi)

"I'm Twil, nice to meet you two." (Me)

"Now get inside before we change our minds." (Ang)

I walked through the gate and gave a bit of a wave back at Gi and Ang, but they didn't wave back, and I think Ang rolled his eyes a bit.  This town is rather large with lots of people as it seems the gate leads directly to the market, but it's not like I have anything to sell or even buy for that matter. In the middle of thinking about it I get a feeling as if I have some sort of choice waiting for me somewhere.

I look around and there is a blinking of the SOUL row in my little status screen. 

SELECT A SOUL
Patience
Bravery
Integrity
Kindness
Perseverance
Justice
Determination

I just decided to select Determination for now. I got to a place that sort of looked like a school and it seemed to be recruiting, so I asked a random person in the line what they were recruiting for.

"Hey, what is this place recruiting for?" (Me)

"What? Don't you know this is the Sect Examination for the Soul Arts Sect? Its a very prestigious school that focuses on creating personal soul techniques." (???)

"How do you sign up then?" (Me)

"Duh, this is the examination, you get in the group and when they test us, you see if you can pass." (???)

"Okay, thanks for the info."

So that's what I did, I waited in a group and then an old dude came out of nowhere, and i felt some sort of invisible pressure bear down on me, but I was still standing as I was Determined to not fail. Time passed and soon only around 20 people were still upright, with only me and 4 others still standing. The pressure had gotten more and more overbearing but my soul trait seemed to be doing what I wanted as I myself did not falter.

"Hoho, seems we have quite a strong batch this year, you 5 can come with me, the rest of you who managed to stay awake can follow that man to the Disciple court." (Old Man)

He led the 5 of us with him to a big building with like countless stairs. I quickly switch my Soul to Perseverance in case this was the next test.

"Depending on the step you get to you will be assigned to one of the 12 elders to be their personal disciples. If you managed to make it to the top you will get a special prize." (Old Man) 

We started walking and much like the first so called test there was pressure that increased by each 5th step. Everyone seemed fine up until the 25th step when the pressure got a lot denser, a lot like the gravity increased.One of them a young looking girl started to run up the stair and we saw her fall down at the 50th step.So I started to walk up to the 50th step in a clam and collected manner. once I got there It was correct that the pressure increased many folds again. if this goes on like this I'd imagine the next time the gravity increases will be at the 100th step. 

I kept walking continuing to count the steps I took and I got up to the 500th step barely making it up halfway.  The pressure was almost crushing me but I was managing to persevere in my climb eventually making it to the end at a far slower rate than I calculated. 

The old man was waiting at the very top, and he nodded towards me, gesturing for me to follow him. Soon I arrived to a set of rooms each labeled with a number, in which I got #1 then the old man spoke. 

"Those stairs were a test of your souls strength, and your is very persistent I can see. We have one more test, but the elders decided to let you all rest here, you're the last one, all the others are inside their rooms already." (Old Man)

and so I enter my room and thought about everything that happened today. It kinda happened like too fast, but that's the way things roll with me I suppose. I get myself into a lot of weird scenarios and just roll with it. Let's think about the overview of today!

First I found myself reborn in a forest with nothing but a stick and bandage on my face, then I managed to get to a city by the mercy of the guards, before getting selected into a sect. There is also another test tomorrow. All of this has happened on the first day of my new life, so I don't know if I am fortunate or unlucky.  Welp, better get some sleep for the test tomorrow. 

 

 

Author's Note: I don't know if I like this chapter so I may rewrite it, I think I accelerated things a bit too fast.

 

6